DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Mike Rehmus July 26th, 2003 11:51 AM

Sounds like the fields are reversed. If your editing system has a selection for this, try reversing the existing setting.

David Nussbaum July 26th, 2003 12:38 PM

i dont know what i would change

David Nussbaum July 26th, 2003 01:15 PM

but when i export clip >>> movie and open it it looks fine :|

Rob Kelly July 26th, 2003 09:58 PM

Adobe Premiere

How do you make a project where the film has high quality but it doesn't eat away your entire hard drive?

Robert Knecht Schmidt July 27th, 2003 01:25 AM

This is really a compression question: what you're looking for is a comparison of available codecs to determine what best meets your needs. Try doing a search on the DVInfo.net boards for compression codecs. See the link in my sig.

Rob Easler July 27th, 2003 10:04 AM

You don't. You buy another big hard drive.

Adrian Douglas July 27th, 2003 07:32 PM

Rob,

The miniDV format will require approx 13GBs of hard drive space for every hour of footage from the camera. The footage is compressed 5:1 by the camera and this is the best quality you can get from the miniDV format. Once you have the footage in the camera you can then apply one of the many compression formats to reduce the space taken up by the footage. At the moment the best compressed format is MPEG2 closely followed by MPEG4/DIVX. For more info on these and other compression schemes use our search function as Robert suggested.

Trent O Connor July 28th, 2003 07:37 AM

Finished editing - cant get it on tape!

Hi, I had posted this on the Mac part but noone could help.
Ive edited something in Premiere on my Mac. Ive edited and want to put it back to tape but 'export to tape' isnt highlighted. the set up has worked using imovie but i cant get it to work on premiere.
anyone have any ideas?
much appreciated if u have.....

EDIT: On the Adobe website, some others have had the same problem. Someone has said that you have to change the 'export settings' but im not sure what to change?
Anyone know...?

Alex Taylor July 28th, 2003 11:02 AM

Is it rendered?

Make sure your camera is plugged in, turned on and set to VTR/VCR.

You might have to change the export settings.. go to Edit > Preferences > Scratch Disks and Device Control. Make sure Device Control is selected instead of 'none' and that your camera is selected (you don't usually have to put the exact model, Sony generic would be fine if your camera is Sony.)

That should work! I just played around with Premiere on the PC and I got it to grey out Export to Tape by disabling device control.

Trent O Connor July 28th, 2003 12:22 PM

thanx, i'll give that a go

Trent O Connor July 29th, 2003 04:47 AM

Damn, cos im on a Mac, the system is different. I cant get to 'device control' through 'edit'.

Trent O Connor July 29th, 2003 07:30 AM

CHEERS ALEX

Me again, thanks man. Found 'device control' and none was selected. Told it to look for a Canon and game on!
Much much much appreciated.

Andres Lucero July 30th, 2003 09:27 PM

Print to tape problems w/Premiere 6.0 & GL2

Captured some test shots with my GL2, trying to export them from my PC back to tape via Pinnacle DV500. I get weird pixelation and blue screens in the middle of the scene. Any ideas?

Rob Lohman July 31st, 2003 04:14 AM

Did you set your device options correctly?

Andres Lucero July 31st, 2003 10:30 AM

As far as I can tell, yes. I can't print to tape at all under certain settings, so I've used a Pinnacle preset for the entire project. The only device settings it has are "Analog" or "DV" so there's not much I can change there.