DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Nigel Moore June 3rd, 2003 12:22 PM

I do use a dedicated firewall server. But thanks for the general advice to all.

I'm a bit worried about your statement on SP1, however. Although I don't currently use XP, I have just bought it for the dedicated edit box that I'm building (required for EncoreDVD). Unfortunately, my version proudly proclaims that it includes SP1!

Imran Zaidi June 3rd, 2003 12:43 PM

If you have a CD that claims to have SP1 included, then you can rest assured that it will be fine.

The problems with SP1 was when it first came out and it was being installed as an upgrade. MS has since fixed all the weird bugaboos with that service pack, and you should be fine.

Nigel Moore June 3rd, 2003 01:59 PM

Cheers, Imran. That's reassuring to know! :-)

Adrian Douglas June 3rd, 2003 08:45 PM

SP 1 had a bunch of minor issues plus a major one with the Java Virtual Machine. It was corrected for the SP1 CD Release of XP as Imran said but the DL SP was shocking.

Bill Ravens June 4th, 2003 07:27 AM

Not sure you guys know what you're talking about. Windoze XP has only released sp1. There's a leaked version of the beta sp2 available on the net, but, one would have to be crazy to use beta leaked software from M$.

Imran Zaidi June 4th, 2003 07:40 AM

Yes, never EVER use anything beta on a serious workstation, and definitely never use a beta from Microsoft.

Alex Taylor June 5th, 2003 08:36 PM

I'll bring this post up one more time..

I think the problem may be my camera. I went over with my hard drive and tried it on a friend's computer, and my camera didn't recognize. Theirs, however, worked fine (they have a Panasonic DV200 or something, I have a Canon ZR20). I should have expected something like this; I lent my camera to my friend a few weeks ago, and he said that when he connected the camera to his G4 it would freeze up.

Is this sort of problem fixable? I believe the camera is still under warranty..

As soon as I can, I'm going to borrow my friend's camera and try it on my firewire card to make sure it's my camera.

Rob Lohman June 6th, 2003 07:21 AM

If you isolate the problem to your camera I would send it in
(before the warranty expires) to have it fixed. It should work
ofcourse. If it doesn't work on 3 differenct computers something
must be faulty. Did you try different cables? If not your cable
might be culprit as well.

Walter Chang June 6th, 2003 03:53 PM

Premiere Problems

For some reason when I try to load up premiere it starts quitting on me while its loading. This just started happening today when i've been using it for quite a while now. I tried reinstalling again but the same thing is occuring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It seems to be now quitting when it reaches eps importer

Keith Loh June 6th, 2003 04:15 PM

Sounds like corrupted elements. If it is in the plugins, remove the plugins directory temporarily and then start it up. Then put them in one by one to narrow it down. Or if you don't have the time, reinstall the whole thing.

Alex Taylor June 6th, 2003 09:37 PM

If you tried re-installing it and it still does the same thing, it's obviously not anything in the program. What kind of things have you changed since this has started to happen? Any new hardware/software, etc?

Kevin Foristal June 7th, 2003 11:37 AM

Adobe Mpeg encoder Probs HELP!!

I encoded my 30 minute documentary yesterday and much to my dismay (after 22 hours of rendering) the audio gradually lost sync. Towards the end of the doc it was about 5 seconds off. Is there a more stable encoder. Also, I can use TMPEG. The question is what kind of file should I out put the premiere project to that is TMPEG freindly. It didn't like microsoft DV. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kev

Jan Roovers June 7th, 2003 11:40 AM

Once i had problems also and reinstalling did not help.
I did it again but removed/deleted the personal settings for Premiere. I work with Win XP and found them under documents and settings - Application Data - Adobe - Premiere.

May be it will help for you too.

Jan

Jan Roovers June 7th, 2003 11:59 AM

I use the latest MPEG encoder form Adobe and it never let me down. It has very well improved. I prefer this encoder now above TMPGenc.

For TMPGenc you must go to options- VFAPI plug-in and raise the priority for direct Show Multimedia File Reader to 1 (or2)
to work with Adobe and Win XP.

( I work with win XP)

Kevin Foristal June 7th, 2003 12:15 PM

I'm thinking of getting the mainconcept standalone. It looks stable and main concept has never let me down.

I need to also check the sampling I guess to make sure the rates are the same.

I forgot to include my system specs:

Dell 4550 P4 2.4ghz
1GB Ram
Prem 6.5
Sony DRU-500A DVD burner.
Vegas DVD Arch (maybe vegas doesn't like adobe?? hehe)