DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/57236-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2006-a.html)

Bart Walczak November 23rd, 2006 04:52 AM

Click on the triangle menu in the upper-right corner of the timeline window and deselect "audio units".

Bart Walczak November 23rd, 2006 04:56 AM

Dynamic link allows you to create a new comp (that's what you've done) or to import an existing comp to premiere project.

The new comp is blank and if you want to do anything with it, you need to add footage and/or effects manually.

Afterwards just drop the comp in premiere into the timeline. PPro treats it as a sequence or source clip.

I hope it answers your question.

BTW, it's really a pain in the *** that you can't just send a clip to AE for slowmotion or some simple effects and that you have to actually export it. Lame.

Damian Clarke November 23rd, 2006 03:18 PM

Thank-you very much Bart, yes indeed I now have it working albeit for about 2 minutes before After Effects had an error and closed lol
Besides, with my humble Athlon64 3000+ it was a bit slow anyhow...I might just have to do it the old fashioned way until either AE behaves itself or I get a faster processor

Bart Walczak November 23rd, 2006 08:09 PM

RAM might be the key issue here. PPro +AE uses 1,5 GB for programs alone, and if you have anything open (which you have to), it will easily go beyond 2 GB, and if you're not running Win 64, then it starts to be a problem.

I had very bad experience with my 1 GB Athlon 64 3000, added 1 GB of RAM and it was better, but not very good. Only after I had built a new machine with Conroe 6600, 4 GB and Win 64, the machine became robust enough to work with.

Mike Quinones November 24th, 2006 10:36 PM

Thank You

Bart:
Thank you very much. That was the solution to my problem. I have no clue, how I select the audio units. Again thank You.

Wade Hanchey November 24th, 2006 10:55 PM

Premiere Elements 3.0

Anyone try this yet? It supports capture and edit of HDV, but no HD output to DVD. It would be a cheap entry into HD software.

Bart Walczak November 25th, 2006 06:12 AM

You're welcome.

Damian Clarke November 25th, 2006 01:17 PM

Export to Tape Quality?

A number of things here...My original footage was HDV 1080i from an FX1 edited with the help of AspectHD (sweet), converted to DVD for the final output. Now I want to export my timelines back to tape in HDV 1080i for future proofing. The AspectHD software trial ran out so I can't use this program to output a m2t.
Now I can still easily hit the 'Export to Tape' command and it will render and transfer BUT at what quality setting is it? To explain, if I open Adobe Media Encoder I can select one of the presets which is HDV 1080i 25 and this has a bunch of settings which can be adjusted. Most are fine as they are but one is a quality slider which is set at 2.1 by default, with 5 being the highest quality. Now, this is interesting because although the bitrate stays the same I'm suddenly given the option of quality. When you just select 'Export To Tape' in the file menu, you don't have to adjust any options, so what quality is that set to by default? I have no way of knowing.
One other thing, I could just then use the Adobe Media Encoder to output a m2t file under the HDV 1080i setting with a 5 for quality, re-import that to a timeline with the corresponding Adobe HDV 1080i import setting and then set that to output to tape in the usual way. Now surely that should not need re-rendering since it has been converted to HDV already, it should bypass the rendering and transfer it to tape straight away...but it doesn't, it starts to render it again, albeit more quickly....and so I'm back to square 1 wondering about the quality setting again lol
Can anyone make sense of it or indeed see what I'm getting at?

Obed Boas Berg November 26th, 2006 06:22 AM

Advise about Procoder 2

I'm working with Premiere Pro with Procoder 2.

To encode the projects i have i use Procoder 2 but the results are not compatible with all DVD players. I test my results on several DVD players but still getting some back from people who where not able to play the DVD on there DVD players.

Question: What do use use for encoding your project to mpeg, and do you have similair problems.

Harm Millaard November 27th, 2006 04:43 AM

Depends on the authoring application you use. Encore has difficulty with Procoder encoded files. I use Encore and a bitrate calculator, so I export to MPEG-DVD and AC3 with Adobe Media Encoder/Surcode. An alternative could be to export audio with Surcode and export an AVI with video only and import these into Encore and have Encore do the transcoding. It does not really matter since both Premiere and Encore use the same engine.

Obed Boas Berg November 28th, 2006 01:19 PM

Hello Harm,

Normally i use Procoder directly from Premiere
Yesterday i exported my project from Premiere to a avi file.
Then i started Procoder without Premiere and made three different MPEG files.
Two .vob files and one .m2v file
Tomorrow i will import them to encore with the menu and i will burn them to DVD. I will let you know wath kind of results i will have.

What kind of files do you allways use .vob or .m2v files ?

Harm Millaard November 28th, 2006 02:02 PM

First of all, as I grow older my eyesight, after a number of serious illnesses, is not what it used to be. Glasses, etc. So my discerning capabilities have diminished over the years. Secondly, I'm a mere hobbyist, not a professional. However, being what I am, I'm still satisfied with my results. However with all the pro's around here, I would assume they can probably improve on my workflow to get even better results.

What I do is edit in PremPro and export to MPEG2-DVD the video stream and to AC-3 the audio stream with the Minnetonka Surcode plug-in. I use a bitrate calculator for budgetting. http://dvd-hq.info/Calculator.html?P...f57#Calculator
Both are then imported into Encore and I author from there.

Hope this helps.

Damian Clarke November 29th, 2006 02:06 AM

wow...anyone?

Graham Hickling November 29th, 2006 06:04 PM

I avoid AME, but since no-one else answered ...

Step 1) find or make a template that meets the m2t specs for exporting back to tape for your camera. That will constrain most of the encoding parameters like bitrate etc, since there's only 1 valid value your camera will accept.

Step 2: Once you know Step 1 is working, then if you then still have the option to adjust quality, set that to max. (Maybe there's a tradeoff between render time and quality?)

Don Bazley November 30th, 2006 03:20 PM

PPro 2 "education version"

I'm a college professor and I'm curious if there is any difference between PPro2 and the "education version"... or is it only the price that is different?

Dan Rubsamen December 1st, 2006 02:40 AM

Help importing and exporting SD to DVD and web

Hello-
I am importing 16x9 from XL2 into Premiere 1.5 with the intent of authoring to DVD as well as uploading content to sites such as youtube. I have ran into a number of questions and problems which I would appreciate any insight into.
When I attempt to export an .avi to DVD with Premiere it fails unless the file is only a fraction of the 4.37 gb capacity. I had about 20 gb of free hdd space but I suspect my lowly sempron 2500+ proc (1.75 Ghz) to be a possible culprit to be remedied asap (it has 2gb ddr400). Does an underpowered processor easily foul up a render/export/write if overworked?
When I try to export my work via 'Export to DVD' with maximize bitrate and use variable bitrate checked (which should use the maximum space on disk for maximum bitrate in theory?) I never encode a DVD successfully though I don't recall a useful error message. I wonder if problems will disappear with a solid Mobo and chipset upgrade? (Amazing mine was $59 yet it somewhat handles NLE!) Could someone tell me their preferred method of exporting my work to a DVD including any specifics to codecs and settings or direct me to the best post?
Regarding video for web content I have tried many different combinations of compression codecs and settings trying to maximize the quality allowable within a youtube upload. I am currently experimenting with exporting via export movie function or Adobe media encoder to mpeg2 or .avi and then using RIVA encoder to create a .flv file for upload. By uploading in .flv format, (a step the site would have performed had I not) I can get a lot more content into my 100mb upload. Regarding calculation of a .flv output closer to 100mb in size to utilize maximum allowable hosting resources I wonder if a better .flv encoding program allows for a target file size or preview size?
I don't have any concept of when a video should or should not be interlaced and what the affects of using interlaced versus progressive would be. Any insight into the basics of when to use interlaced and why would be awesome.
Thanks in advance and please excuse my rambling and probably misguided questions. Let me know what I forgot to include :) Respectfully- Dan

Ervin Farkas December 1st, 2006 08:34 PM

A few answers to your many questions.

Your processor and RAM are more than enough for SD work with PPRO 1.5. What would you call my 1.6 GHz AMD with 2GB of 3200 RAM if you label your Sempron as "lowly". I can run basically the whole Adobe suite (using one app at a time of course) with no crashes or errors - mind you, this is a $100 dollar computer from Fry's when they opened a new store close by, a piece of junk made special order just to attract clients...
- Your hard space might be an issue, depending on the length of youf video, you may need more space.
- I suspect a rather overloaded computer to cause your problems. Let me just say that I had all sorts of issues until one day I had enough, I erased my HD clean installed an XP with no service packs and no other programs than what I really needed - it runs like a charm ever since! Stay away from sloppy freeware - Riva might just be one of them, besides, it's an extremely low quality flash encoder, I've tried it!!!
- You do NOT have to submit a flash file to Utube. They will convert to flash whatever you upload. I would recommend using the free Windows Media Encoder instead, it does a pretty decent job.

Regards,

Mark Morikawa December 1st, 2006 09:14 PM

theres no difference

John Westbury December 2nd, 2006 06:12 PM

Auto Save Problem in PP 1.5

I'm using Premiere Pro 1.5. I have it set to auto save every one minute, owing to a problem where every once in a while it freezes the pc and has to be restarted. The weird thing is it was doing it last night, but it's been fine all day, until about 5 minutes ago. I changed the setting to make it auto save every one minute, BUT, it hasn't done it. I just restarted due to a freeze up, ran chkdsk, and then reopened the project. It seems to have lost about the last 35 minutes of work.
Does anyone know of a remedy for this problem ?

Bruce Pelley December 3rd, 2006 01:07 AM

Farily new to PP 2...Please bear with me!

How come I can encode a finished project (which averages about 45-50 minutes of video) directly from the timeline with Adobe encoder with the settings at 2 pass VBR at the highest quality (i.e at level 5) with the min,max and target bitrates all set at 9.00 MP) in about 2 hours however it takes double that to burn it directly to dvd (or so) create a iso image? IMHO that's pretty slow!How long should a 45 minute project take to burn a dvd?

Also,from your experience and observation is there much difference in quality between 1 and 2 passes with VBR?

Is VBR or CBR better and why?

Why can I encode a project with Adobe's media encoder at very high settings (at the fullest possible quality,9's across the board) BUT when using the encoder to burn directly to dvd it shuts me off (gives me an error message that the rate is "too high") with the bitrates set higher than around 8.3-8.4?Que Pasa?

Can one create a custom dvd menu using your own choices for background,background music,font,font color,size of font,etc?or are you stuck with the rather limited selection stock templates/presets that they give you from the pull down menu?Where can I find other templates,possible?Can anyone point me out to a source?

Is there a way I can normalize the audio of the whole timeline at the same time?How is that done?

Is it advisable to pick PCM or MPEG audio when encoding a project?Does it make a difference/what do you do to create a playable dvd with audio?

After waiting over 2 hours into a burn and encode to dvd process,I got an error message right at the beginning stages of the 2nd pass which stated(MPL Loader... whatever that is):"The DLL inf32.dll can not be loaded.OS reports:The specified module could not be found."How can I successfully rectify this shortfall and burn a project to dvd?After that message the encoding stopped,it ceased to do anything and I was forced to hit cancel which wiped out the whole time spent on this particular burn.I uninstalled,then reinstalled the entire program and still can't find this DLL.What do I do now?Does this mean its curtains and I can't burn directly to a dvd anymore from the timeline?

Please help me get jumpstarted.

Thanks in advance.

The Seeker

Ben Winter December 3rd, 2006 03:01 AM

Quote:

Why can I encode a project with Adobe's media encoder at very high settings (at the fullest possible quality,9's across the board) BUT when using the encoder to burn directly to dvd it shuts me off (gives me an error message that the rate is "too high") with the bitrates set higher than around 8.3-8.4?Que Pasa?
There's something about DVD encoding that limits the bitrate of the actual video to something aroun 6 or 7 to leave space for subtitles, etc. I can't remember details but it's not Premiere-specific.

Quote:

How come I can encode a finished project (which averages about 45-50 minutes of video) directly from the timeline with Adobe encoder with the settings at 2 pass VBR at the highest quality (i.e at level 5) with the min,max and target bitrates all set at 9.00 MP) in about 2 hours however it takes double that to burn it directly to dvd (or so) create a iso image? IMHO that's pretty slow!How long should a 45 minute project take to burn a dvd?
Nature of the beast. MPEG encoding is pretty time-consuming, IMO. Add to the fact it's got to burn it on a DVD, I can see 4 hours being a reasonable time constraint for a 45 minute project. Sucks, but that's how it goes I guess. If the burning is what takes so long, export it and use another program...

Quote:

Can one create a custom dvd menu using your own choices for background,background music,font,font color,size of font,etc?or are you stuck with the rather limited selection stock templates/presets that they give you from the pull down menu?Where can I find other templates,possible?Can anyone point me out to a source?
Err...is this Encore you're referring to? Or Premiere? Premiere has no titling function as far as I know...

Quote:

Is there a way I can normalize the audio of the whole timeline at the same time?How is that done?
Export the audio, reintroduce it to the timeline and mute all other tracks, then normalize that master track. But that's probably not what you want. Each clip has to be taken care of individually. Otherwise, export and use dynamics compression.

Quote:

After waiting over 2 hours into a burn and encode to dvd process,I got an error message right at the beginning stages of the 2nd pass which stated(MPL Loader... whatever that is):"The DLL inf32.dll can not be loaded.OS reports:The specified module could not be found."How can I successfully rectify this shortfall and burn a project to dvd?After that message the encoding stopped,it ceased to do anything and I was forced to hit cancel which wiped out the whole time spent on this particular burn.I uninstalled,then reinstalled the entire program and still can't find this DLL.What do I do now?Does this mean its curtains and I can't burn directly to a dvd anymore from the timeline?
You obviously need to ask the people at Adobe if you're having technical issues, but a quick Google search of "inf32.dll" reveals you probably have a spyware problem. You need to run an anti-spyware program such as Spybot or Adaware.

Bart Walczak December 4th, 2006 03:04 AM

At such a high bitrate it makes no sense to use VBR, because it will only add to the compression time. Use CBR, one pass. The quality will be the same, since the encoder cannot exceed 9 Mb anyway. VBR is useful only for low bitrates like 4-5 Mb.

As for the limit - 9 Mb is the tops for everything - video, audio, subtitles etc. If you export your video at 9 Mb, you leave no place for audio. Actually 8 Mb is a good preset to use.

Audio should be normalized on the timeline for each clip separately during editing.

If you use MPEG encoding, some DVD players may not be able to play it (been there, done that). Use PCM. The best would be Dolby Digital, but PPro has only a trial version of encoder.

Ervin Farkas December 4th, 2006 08:54 AM

You can make your own DVD menu templates in Photoshop and import them into PP2. There are also companies out there selling this kind of stuff, just Google them. Keep in mind that PP2 has a limited capability for DVD authoring, if you need complex navigation, you need Encore DVD or some other software.

Cinema Craft is a much faster encoder, if you really need speed... and if you're willing to pay $$$.

Mike Teutsch December 4th, 2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Pelley

The Seeker

Not only can you import any template that you want, you can modify those in the pulldown menu just about anyway you want. Change out or modify backgrounds, buttons, etc..

Tom Koerner December 4th, 2006 11:36 AM

Deck Doesn't Support 24p

I'm trying to log some tapes shot on a DVX 100-b and a 100-a. Premier Pro 1.5 recognizes the time codes as 24p, time code breaks and all. The problem is that when I go to capture, the program seems to look to my deck (panasonic gs-200) for timecode; and all that it's going to find there is a big fat 00:00:00:00.

Anyone know any settings or plug-ins that could help me out? I've got 8 tapes here and I really don't wanna cap them the old fashioned way.

Jon Pavli December 4th, 2006 03:08 PM

** Audio drops to half the level for 2 seconds **

I'm back with another question.

My issue is that the audio levels drop to half the volume (or there abouts), for about 2 seconds. The level jumps back up to the normal setting and is great the rest of the way through the clip.

This issue happens always at the beginning of a new audio clip (but not every time). In other words, it happens at the beginning of a sequence or anywhere in the middle of the sequence. But at this point it is random. I have not figured out a pattern. I have looked at the way I have edited to see if any video or audio transitions are causing the problem, but nothing jumps out at me.

Let me also say that this issue happens when I play the audio on the timeline and when I burn a DVD of the project.

This seems to happen with WAV files only. I have converted interview clip to WAV files to clean them up and make adjustments to them before I reimport them back into Premiere.

Any help would be great!

Jon

PS: I am using PP1.0 on a Win XP machine with 2 gigs of RAM.

Matt Ramphal December 4th, 2006 04:53 PM

Night Vision Effect

I've been using the solarize effect, and than colour balancing...

It's okay, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Anybody know of a straightforward way to get this effect?

Bob Hart December 4th, 2006 05:09 PM

If you are replicating passive intensified night vision, my personal preference would be to desaturate all colour, soften the image to about 450 TV lines vertical resolution, ramp up the contrast so that white highlights begin to burn out, introduce subtle video "noise" to replicate the scintillation noise of the dsplay tube, then apply green hue to your image to replicate the display tube colour.

If this is still not conveying the hint of night vision, you might consider circular vignetting of the image corners and maybe introduce a slight magenta cast to the blacks.

Daniel Cegla December 6th, 2006 07:10 PM

Hardware Questions

Currently I have:

- Athlon x2 4800+
- 2gb RAM
- 160gb 7200rpm SATA system drive
- multiple internal 7200rpm HDs (200, 320, 400)
- 7800gt 256mb PCI-E
- Creative Audigy 2

To improve performance, I was wondering:

1.) How much does my 7800gt help? Would an 8800gtx 768mb see much improvement for video? What exactly does this do?

2.) How does a quadro FX board compare to having a 7800gt/8800gtx? How much improvement will a quadro FX board give and exactly what does it do?

3.) What exactly is a scratch disk/what does it do, and why is it best to have it seperate? If my understanding is correct, I should have (A) system drive (B) storage drive, ideally in a RAID0 config (C) scratch disk...??

4.) Will a creative X-FI soundcard show any improvement in performance/features over my audigy 2?

Jason White December 6th, 2006 08:57 PM

You have a great system. As far as that goes the only improvement I could see is bumping your ram to 3 gigs. But you are just fine with 2 gigs.

As far as some of our other questions. I really don't think you will see any improvement in video-editing by going a large more high-powered videocard. Large videocards are most useful for creating 3D animations and such in programs like Maya, and maybe the newer ones for taking live-video and applying 3D affects to it realtime in as an encoder machine for live broadcast. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still trying to get these things straight myself. But as far as Adobe is concerned, video-editing is processor intensive, meaning that when you start to apply effects and such they will need to be crunched on by the main CPU.

I don't know too many specifics about the Quadro series but I do know that they are supposedly top of the line. And they do have very large bandwidth capacities. Maybe someone else and shed some light on that for both of us.

For disk arrays you should have a system drive along with some video editing drives in Raid 0, like you stated, expecially if you are trying to capture and playback HD or anything 8-bits and above SD. A 3 drive minimum depending on the drives. The scratch-disk as you have called it, I believe is for Input/Output PageFiling. What I mean by that is when Windows is operating if the RAM is filled up to capacity, it creates a PagingFile on your Harddrive. This PageFile acts as an extension of your RAM and is ideally kept on the outer ends of your Disk for fast access. From my understanding that is why it is suggested that you have seperate System Drive from your VideoEditing files Drive. Your systems needs the ability to access your videofiles while also accessing your PagingFile but since it is not possible for the needles of you diskdrives to be in two different places at the same time you should have seperate disks. The same principle applies for this "scratch disk". I have read that for Ultra Optimization, it is best to have your PagingFile on a seperate disk from your System Disk. The idea that being able to access systems files, PagingFiles, and video files all from different locations would be ideal. Or atleast that is my understanding of it so far.

In fact I was just going to start researching into adding a small, think they make a 32 gigabyte Raptor drive, as a paging file drive. Although, I have read that when tweeking your PagingFile, windows already sets your pagingfile to 1.5 times the size of your RAM, but you can tweek it to 2X your RAM when working with Premier because of the way it utilizing memory. Which would only leave me with a 6 gigabyte PageFile. I don't even know if windows would utilize it or have a heartattack if that was made bigger. I'm just assuming you would want to have a fast drive for doing such. Maybe someone else can shed some light on all of this because my assumptions might all be wrong? I'm new to this all.

As far as your sound. I'd say that your Audigy will perform exceptionally beyond what you will need.

Graham Hickling December 6th, 2006 10:38 PM

The more powerful video cards provide better OpenGL support. As far as I know, that is not a factor for the base Premiere Pro application.

It is relevant for After Effects and some 3rd-party plugins for Premiere such as Boris Red, plus of course animation software as Jason says ... hence people like The Videoguys do recommend Quadro cards for video computers.

That said, I am very content right now with my 6600GT.

Regarding soundcards, if you have any interest in authoring 5.1 surround tracks for DVD, get a card with ASIO drivers that allow you to send tracks to 6 separate outputs. It maybe that both the Audigy and X-FI allow that these days, but I do know the old Creative Live 5.1 cards didnt ... so check.

Jack Major December 7th, 2006 12:34 AM

telephone voice plug in

is there a plugin you can use to make your audio sound like someone is on a phone?

Michael Nistler December 7th, 2006 01:20 AM

My, that sounds "phony"

Yes, you could get a plug-in but depending on your editing software (Audition?), perhaps you don't need one. A telephone circuit is 300-3200 Hz (3dB points) so if you use a high-pass above 300hz and a low-pass at 3200hz, presto.

Regards, Michael

Jack Major December 7th, 2006 02:30 AM

thanks i'll try that out

Drew Curran December 7th, 2006 04:29 AM

Quicktime 720p in Premiere Pro 2

I have a short Qicktime video, created in Final Cut using HDV 720p 25.

Prem Pro 2 imports the file, but only plays audio. No video. I have to convert it to Windows Media.

Is there a plugin/codec I can download to make this work?

Or do I have to get the video converted in Final Cut?

Thanks

Andrew

Michael W. Niece December 7th, 2006 06:59 AM

Does Adobe Dislike 4 Channels of Audio?

I know that Premiere cannot capture 4 channels of audio at once from DV, and I know there are probably 50 different ways to do it with other programs. But doesn't it seem a little dumb that Adobe products STILL can't do this? If a free program can do it, why not "The Big Boys?" I'm beginning to wonder if Adobe will get with the program, pun intended. For years they led the editing software race (I still have Premiere 2 for Windows 3.1 and it's on 4 floppy disks!), then they started to suck, and now they're doing great again with Premiere... sort of. Not being able to grab all 4 channels from a DV signal is nothing more than an inconvenience but even so... when a free program can make life easier when capturing then maybe the Adobe programmers could stop and say, "Hmm..."

Sorry to rant, but after 3 releases of a greatly improved program (Pro 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0), Adobe still missed (or deliberately left out) the little thing that makes our job a little bit simpler.

-Michael

Pete Bauer December 7th, 2006 07:55 AM

If enough people request it, maybe they'll feel that it is worth their effort to put it in a future version. Try this:
http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html

EDIT: I've just removed a diatribe by a user who lists a competing NLE in their profile. We're here to help each other out and learn together, not to have emotional flame wars. That sort of thing is not acceptable at DVinfo.

Pete Bauer December 7th, 2006 08:44 AM

See also these recent threads that have links to external articles:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=79331
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=79640

Miguel Lombana December 8th, 2006 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Westbury
I'm using Premiere Pro 1.5. I have it set to auto save every one minute, owing to a problem where every once in a while it freezes the pc and has to be restarted. The weird thing is it was doing it last night, but it's been fine all day, until about 5 minutes ago. I changed the setting to make it auto save every one minute, BUT, it hasn't done it. I just restarted due to a freeze up, ran chkdsk, and then reopened the project. It seems to have lost about the last 35 minutes of work.
Does anyone know of a remedy for this problem ?

if you're machine is crashing or locking up it's likely not premier, i had a similar issue when i built my first editing box a few years ago and found that i had a memory issue, at first the sticks were not in the first and third slots, after i got that corrected the machine hummed.

later in the evolution of that box i added an ATI video card with a power cable that needs to run to the power supply of the system, there is a particular way that it needed to be connected, not just a direct line from the supply but it had to be in line with a hard drive (don't ask I don't know why), either way, my lack of reading the manual caused me crashes again, premier had nothing to do with it.

the setting for auto-save that you're using is overkill, i know that you don't want to loose a project but you can be safe at 5 minutes, that's where i've kept mine for almost 2 years now and no crashes have occurred now that i go the system issues fixed.

one thing to consider, the amount of time it takes to save the project is overhead on the system, in a large project it can be taking so much cycle time that it's barely done before you're requesting the next save, just something to consider.

one thing that you didn't mention was if you were running 1.5 or 1.51, i think that 1.51 only fixed some minor annoyances but it was a service pack so i would install it if you haven't done that already.

oh and you are aware that you can open projects from the save file folder where it keeps the last 5 versions, that has saved me a few times in the past.

miguel

David Cummings December 8th, 2006 07:25 PM

PCI audio capture

how would I go about using the audio-in from my sound card to capture on to AP 6.0? help!!! I feel stupid :(