GL2 & XM2 Battery / Batteries - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old July 18th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #166
Regular Crew

Lenmar battery LIC-924 for GL2

I am looking at some other brand of battery for the GL2 because the original Canon battery is too expensive. I just came across with this brand "Lenmar", they have a battery LIC-924, 7.2V 4000mAh.

Is anyone know how long is the running time of a 4000mAh battery on the GL2? The website said up to 5 hours but this based on some other types of camera.

http://www.lenmar.com/product_list.a...non&category=3
Alex Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #167
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Alex,
Lenmar is one of the top battery manufacturers across the board. Specifically, their Canon BP-compatible batteries are excellent performers and values. (Canon does not manufacture batteries, consequently they basically mark-up and remarket others' batteries.) You can be confident with Lenmar's batteries.

Note, however, that run-time ratings of all batteries are purely nominal. Your mileage may vary, depending on how you use the camera.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:04 AM   #168
Old Boot

. . even so Ken . . 7 hours! Wow! . .. Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:47 AM   #169
Regular Crew

Is anyone using 4000mAh battery for GL2 and about how long can it last? Cause I want to pick a acceptible battery.
Alex Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #170
Old Boot

Storing Batteries 945s?

What sort of level - 1 Flash 0%; 2 flashes 50% ; 3 flashes 75% or CONSTANT 100% and how long between shelf charges?

Grazie
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #171
Warden

Ideally batteries should be stored fully charged. The rate of discharge will depend on temperature and humidity and ranges between 2% and 10% monthly.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #172
Regular Crew

The recommendation here is to store them at approx 50% charge.
Ming Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #173
Warden

The article is over three years old and the current recommendation is to store the battery fully charged if storage is for extended periods of time (over 3 months). Even the author does not recommend discharging a battery before storage.
Quote:
So, does this mean I'm going to partially discharge my batteries before storage? No Way - too much trouble.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:11 PM   #174
Old Boot

100% for Battery Storage . .. .

So that's 100% true?

Thanks - Grazie
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:32 AM   #175
Regular Crew

i get around 4, maybe 4.5 hours with my 4000mAh bettery. as said, it all depends on how you are using the camera. i also use the viewfinder primarily rather than the LCD (that's usually where that extra half hour comes in).

keep in mind that when you add on bigger batteries, it's going to stick out the back of the camera. the 4000 isnt too bad, but i also bought a 5500 not too long ago, and while it gets me 5.5-7 hours, i still am usually touching a bit with the viewfinder extended out. i cant use this battery if the viewfinder is in, my face is completely touching the battery. with the 4000, i can use it perfectly with the viewfinder extended. when the viewfinder is pushed in, it's still alright, but touches.

i would get 2 of the 4000mAh. that's $50 more than getting the 6000mAh battery, will be smaller than using one big battery, easy to swap, and will get you 8-10 hours of battery life. good deal.
Daniel Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:44 AM   #176
Old Boot

Dual Battery Clip

Has anybody had expereince of the Canon 910 Dual Battery Belt Clip & Charger? It can hold 2 x 945s that must be well over 8 hours use?!?!?!

Here you go http://www.pictureline.com/digital/d...ryCharger.html

Grazie
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:51 AM   #177
Regular Crew

i havent used this in particular, but i have used a similar one that works with the DVX100... i hated it. it was heavy if you used it as a beltclip (and even fell off often because of the weight), and setting it anywhere else was just not convenient. at all. the cord was also not long enough to set it on the ground (if on a tripod) or anything like that.

i completely dumped the belt clip and just used 2 batteries and swapped when needed.

some of these problems might be differnet (i.e. cord length), HOWEVER the other problems, such as weight, are pretty general, and i suspect this would apply to this belt clip battery as well.
Daniel Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:01 AM   #178
Major Player

Grazie,

I have got into a habit of charging next day so I always have them at hand incase I get called out for a shoot at short notice. I never thought about any recommended ways of storing (luckily I have been doing it right <g>)
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:09 AM   #179
Old Boot

Who's a Lucky Boy Then! . . You deserve everything you get Alan .. you've worked very hard for it . . go get 'em ! ! !

. . . however, for me, I wish to store my batteries and the help has been very useful thank you.

Grazie
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #180
Major Player

sorry mixed threads

Grazie,

thanks for your enthusiasm, it is catching!!

Must put some of my quick learnt experience down to you and the boys from the IOV, where most of my jobs have come from too.

btw - you had the VL3 as a bad buy, mine must be the DM-50 mic. Don't get me wrong it has been excellent for what I have needed to date but now I need to free up the hotshoe so I can use the PagC6 and a microphone. Just can't push for an MA300 and ME66/K6 (any jobs for a ŁK you need help on <G>)?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders