DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   GL2 & XM2 Battery / Batteries (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-gl-series-dv-camcorders/37132-gl2-xm2-battery-batteries.html)

Alex Chan July 28th, 2004 08:40 PM

I just purchased 2 Lenmar LIc-924 battery but one of them seem having problem. I just open the package, I put it into the charger but it just showing 'fully charged', then when I apply to GL2, the batteries icon showing only 25% power. Is anyone know what happen to it?

Hank Freeman July 29th, 2004 08:21 AM

Let the battery complete discharge in the camera. Then try charging it again.

Alex Chan July 29th, 2004 03:03 PM

Is new battery performing bad in the beginning?

Another question is, can I charge the battery by the Canon OEM charger and Lenmar charger with the same battery? Or is it better just using one charger all the time?

Alex Chan July 29th, 2004 06:59 PM

I just try to drain all the power and put it back to the charger and the problem still happen. It still showing fully charge on the charger. It happen to both Lenmar Speed Charger and OEM Canon Charger.

Ken Tanaka July 29th, 2004 08:19 PM

I would try to exchange that battery. It's likely that it has suffered a bad drop or bash that has wrecked its ability to communicate with the charger.

Marco Leavitt July 29th, 2004 09:01 PM

In my experience the Lenmar batteries are not perfectly compatible with the indicator light on Canon's charger. You can't rely on the light at all. If the battery doesn't take a full charge after being left on the charger overnight, I would say it's definitely defective.

Kyle Field July 30th, 2004 03:19 PM

Battery recommendation

I'm looking for a BP-945 (or similar - 8hr, or so they claim), and there are tons on eBay; however, I suspect most are junk.

Can someone recommend an internet dealer that sells the real deal at a good price?

Thanks!

Vishal Gurung July 30th, 2004 03:32 PM

there are TONS of threads here with regards to them.. look it up .. i believe someone mentioned www.batteries.com but am sure there are tons of other places.. as for ebay, a friend of mine bought the 8 hr one for like $30CDN, and is awaiting it.. we'll find out if it's junk or not :) good luck!

Van Lam July 31st, 2004 10:33 PM

Ebay batterys are Junk.

Weird things happen, like the power runs out over time faster. (Like if you bought one and it lasted 4 hours now, a month later it would last only 3 1\2 hours)

This is from personal experience by the way. Best to avoid ebay batteries.

BHPHOTOVIDEO is good, not the best prices, but good service.

Aaron Koolen July 31st, 2004 11:25 PM

Do a search on here. Tonnes of recommendations. I have a BP945 equiv. Power2000 battery. Had it about 18months, no problem at all with it.

Aaron

Jim OMalley August 1st, 2004 10:19 AM

I've purchased several Power2000 batteries (of various capacities) for my GL2 from B&H. They cost less than the Canon batteries, and work just fine. Only downside is that for some reason they don't come with a plastic terminal cover.

Steve Olds August 2nd, 2004 05:09 PM

Batterybarn.com
Atbat.com
Planetbattery.com

I bought a Battery from Atbat with ZERO problems.
Ebay would be the last place to buy for me also.
Steve

Charlie Durand August 3rd, 2004 11:13 AM

I have purchased several batteries from sources on eBay and had no problems.

The same Power2000 battery from B&H was half the price on eBay.

It seems that many users on this web site are anti eBay. Have you all had horrible experiences with eBay? I've never had a problem. I'm not claiming it to be the end all be in for online shopping but it's definitely not "the last place" to go when looking for a deal either.

I just stick with the "if the price seems too good to be true it probably is" rule. That true anywhere though, not just eBay.

Anyhow, to stay on topic. I purchased 2 of the Bp-945 equivalents from B&H when I ordered my GL2. They say they are 6000mah. They last a long time. Even when I'm using the LCD screen instead of the view finder.

Steve Olds August 4th, 2004 06:12 AM

No real problem with ebay but the freight will eat you up sometimes. $10.00 for a battery shipped is too much for me. The last battery I bought was shipped free, from an online Co. And the price was cheaper for a better battery. Just do your homework.

Steve

Viktor Carlquist August 4th, 2004 07:07 AM

For any scandinavian readers here I can recommend http://www.batterier.dk/

I bought 2 batteries for my XM2 at 3700mAh each and with shipping included they were cheaper than buying one BP915 in a store.

If I only use the viewfinder I can shoot all day :-)

They´ve worked perfectly so far.