Canon unveils the XHG1 and XHA1 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 26th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #76
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dhadialla
The lux rating shows 7 lux . Wonder how it will hold up in low light.
My experience with the XL-H1 was that it's not bad in low light, but you have to be careful about using any extra gain. If the new cameras are similar I think they'll hold their own against the Sony HDV models in poor lighting, but the latter produce cleaner images. Call it a toss-up?
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #77
Major Player

It's good to see that we've finally got the next generation of the GL-cameras. I didn't expect them to include the HD-SDI option and XLRs though, but then it's just like the GL1/XL1-dynamic (ie. only difference is form factor and interchangeable lenses).
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #78
Major Player

I have a translater on my computer and this is what it says.
(starting at the top of page 2?)

(section one)
"- 1/3 type entire pixel several approximately 167 ten thousand pixels, adopting the 3CCD system of effective pixel several 1440×1080. HDV The high resolution, horizontal resolution 800TV book of standard highest level was implemented."

"- Adjusting to hi-vision age, it evolved throughput loading "DIGIC DVII" substantially. Color repeatability and the rich graduation repeatability which are superior are implemented."

"- Depending on optimum encoding processing of the CANON individual HD codec LSI The high picture quality record of HDV/playback is made possible."

(section two)
"- The fluorite, the UD lens, it installs aspherical lens each 1, loading 11 group 16 optical 20 time zoom video L lenses which administer extensive multi coat. You are proud of the picture quality which excels from wide angular photographing of 35mm film conversion 32.5mm to the telephoto area of 650mm."

"- Suppressing the blurring of wide frequency with super range optical type hand blurring revision function (shift expression)."

"- The outside measuring sensor was added to former TV-AF, you answer the severe focusing of HD at high-speed high accuracy with "super quick AF". Low at the time of luminous intensity photographing and, power is shown at the time of 24F/30F photographing."

"- It squeezed to the lens tube section and arranged the manual adjust ring and improved operativity. In addition, it adds high-speed zoom mode, direct can obtain the operation impression at the time of zoom ring use."

(section Three)
"- The high picture quality of HDV1080i, the high powered 20 time zoom
lens, mass approximately 2330g * loading the high-level interface
which answers the use of the professional onto the lightweight compact. Mobility is shown in use at collection of data and the location site and the like where the space is limited."

"- It is superior in weight balance by enclosing the battery to the body, it supports stock photographing which is stabilized."

"- Loading 2.8 type liquid crystal monitors. It corresponds to various scenes such as high angle and low angle photographing.
* Mass of 1 XH G1 photographing time (hood and BP-950G, the tape and the memory card it includes)"

Thats all I have done for now... Sorry for the bad translation! Its just what the computer did.

EDIT: Sorry I did not read the full thread! I now see that Mark Utley said;
"These cameras are now on Canon's USA site.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=172." Now I know that it has already ben done. Sorry for your time.

Gabriel.
Gabriel Yeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #79
Old Boot

Canon UK

Now with the UK too:

http://www.canon.co.uk/About_Us/News...PageID=26446#1
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #80
Major Player

So does this mean that the GL1/GL2 will drop in price, along with the XL H1?
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #81
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager
(section two)
"- The fluorite, the UD lens, it installs aspherical lens each 1, loading 11 group 16 optical 20 time zoom video L lenses which administer extensive multi coat. You are proud of the picture quality which excels from wide angular photographing of 35mm film conversion 32.5mm to the telephoto area of 650mm."

"- Suppressing the blurring of wide frequency with super range optical type hand blurring revision function (shift expression)."
Once more, please, in English??? lol. Sorry, but this technical stuff goes way over my head. Is this lens much different from Canon's other stock lenses?

And Graham....holdouts like us will make the leap. It's just a matter of time...and $$... ;)
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #82
Inner Circle

Lorinda: it has a 20X zoom range going from "pretty darn wide" to "more than you'll usually need telephoto". Better than anything else in its class as far as I can tell.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #83
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Once more, please, in English??? lol. Sorry, but this technical stuff goes way over my head. Is this lens much different from Canon's other stock lenses?
I'm sorry but I cant answer that, cause I don't know what it means either... o_0
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #84
Trustee

After reading the article on the camcorderinfo.net, I like the mention of a camera built for especially for news and event videographers. The arrangement of the buttons and controls, and the added third ring for IRIS on the lens speaks volumes of how much effective material I will have vs. the "frame fodder" when aquiring the shot. Something I liked about the XL1s, not the best image, but you could get more shots that worked. Now I'll have the same controls, and at HDV resolution.

The smaller size and weight will go easy on my back. A drawback to working with the XL1s. (It's not a true shoulder cam, and required a three-point rig and a wide stance).

My hopes are for more accurate skin tones, another canon trait that I liked when filming people in all kinds of lighting. I'd sure like to see some sample video.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #85
Regular Crew

color

Is "jet black" the official color of every HDV camera out there? I'm not saying it doesn't look cool, I just wonder why Sony, JVC and Canon simultaneously dropped their grays and silvers when a new format came along.

What if I'm on a night shoot and I stumble and break my $7000 camera just because it's sooo stylish I can't even see it? That's what worries me.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #86
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dhadialla
Hello,
The lux rating shows 7 lux . Wonder how it will hold up in low light.

Cheers
Paul
I'm going to guess that the quoted 7lux is the Japanese version of lux rating.
This would equate to the "USA" version of min.lux rating at about 3lux, or basically very similar to the FX1/Z1 IMO.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #87
Major Player

Does anyone know how much these baby's are going to cost?

Thanks!

Gabriel.
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #88
Regular Crew

How about the weight of these puppies? I am curious to see if I'd be able to use my merlin steadicam.
James Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #89
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris Porter
What if I'm on a night shoot and I stumble and break my $7000 camera just because it's sooo stylish I can't even see it? That's what worries me.
Hmmm. Maybe you could line it with neon glow lights like the kids are putting on their cars these days? :-)
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #90
Trustee

Maybe its already fitted with a neon glow in that circular side bit thingy.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders