DR-HD100 various topics - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:23 AM   #46
Major Player

DR-HD100 + DVrack?

Probably a question for Matt...
At the moment my DR-HD100 is connected with the DV I/O to the firewire of my JVC HD100.
Is there a way to connect my DV-Rack HD 2.0 computer simultaineously to the other Firewire port Computer I/O?
Then I can check Live the vector and waveform scopes while recording on the DR-HD100. At the moment my laptop can only 'see' the DR-HD100 in 'Harddisk' mode on that port.
Is there a mode where the second firewire port is functioning as a DV Firewire Hub? This would be a killer to have.
I tried the Master/Slave FireWire function without success.
Do I need an external Firewire Hub to be able to achive what I need?
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #47
Focus Enhancements

Hi Marc,

There is no pass-thru function on DR-HD100 that will allow you to do this. You could try a FireWire splitter (output from GY-HD100 to DR-HD100 and your computer simultaneously), but I am not sure if such a thing exists and we have not tried this. It would probably mess up the unique communication between DR-HD100 and the camera as well, so I guess I would have to conclude this is not recommended.

Sorry,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #48
Focus Enhancements

Also, forgot to mention, set your DR-HD100 to AV/C control mode and connect to the computer using the DV I/O connector if you wish to stream into the computer (as if DR-HD100 was a FireWire DV/HDV deck for instance). The Computer I/O connector and DD Drive mode are the common way to mount to the computer as a hard drive.
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #49
Major Player

I will buy a 3-port active Firewire Hub device, and check if that works in between the DR-HD100 and GY-HD100.
Does anyone else has this same configuration who could do the test for me. It would be appriciated.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #50
Major Player

New DR-HD100 latest firmware

I just purchased a new DR-HD100. Reading the threads here, I see firmware V2.0 mentioned and that I need this for use with Macintosh NLE's. I see that users can order the CD firmware for US $40. Do new units have this firmware factory installed?

Update: I found a xerox in the Firestore box that explains that they do indeed have the new 2.0 firmware! One less thing to worry about installing.

Thanks

Dave Beaty

Last edited by Dave Beaty; November 10th, 2006 at 06:26 AM.
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #51
Major Player

I spoke too soon.

Even though each of these new units was purchased this month and has a xerox sheet mentioning 2.0 being installed, the actual units do not have this firmware installed. Talk about confusing. No CD is included in the boxes either.

After several phone tries, I reached FE and they explained the dealers were sent the update and obviously they put the sheet in the boxes, but forgot to update the HDRs. I needed to call my dealer to straighten it out.

I called my dealer. He had no knowledge of ever being sent any update disk from FE. So it's back to FE. I have to send in proof of purchase and a copy of the xerox.

I mention this, because others may run into a similar problem.

Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #52
Regular Crew

DRHD 100 firmware

hay dave! email me gotta ask you somthing

thanks shawn
Shawn Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 04:16 AM   #53
New Boot

DR-HD100 QT 24&25p support

A question to Matt i think.
I bought the upgrade that allow the DRHD100 to rec 720p30 QT.
I said that since the support of 720p25 & 24 in FCP was out, the team began working on a maintenance release to allow these formats for being recorded by the DRHD100.

Any news?
Thanks in advance...
Damien Belleville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:58 AM   #54
Major Player

It is in Beta Testing right now.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #55
New Boot

Great news. Thanks!
Damien Belleville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #56
Regular Crew

What model of DR-HD100 is for europe?

i want to know what model is for pal europe, or if it is the same model for ntsc and pal. In jvc europe is DR-HD100E but in bhphotovideo.com it appears like DR-HD100 only without E. What is the diference?
Javier Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #57
Focus Enhancements

Hi Javier,

The DR-HD100 model sold in Europe only works in PAL/50Hz mode and the model sold in the US only works in NTSC/60Hz mode. I believe JVC does list it as a DR-HD100E in Europe.

Matt
Old November 29th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Yes Matt the DR-HD100E is model for europe dvpal, 50hz, the diference is in DV mode but in HDV mode is same 24, 25,and 30p.
Javier Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:21 PM   #59
Major Player

First job w/ DR-HD100

I just finished my first job w/ the DR-HD100 and encountered two problems:

Two of the clips that I captured (out of 32) won't open in QT (I'm using the HD100, shooting HDV 720P and transferring to a Mac Pro & FCP. One clip is 1.3 GB, and the other is 370 MB)). They copied over to the Mac Pro, but when I click on them, the message says "Error opening movie - the movie could not be opened". I checked w/ the original clips from the DR-HD100 and those are ng as well. I also backed up to tape while I recorded, so I haven't lost anything. Could I have had the wrong setting on the DR-HD100? Is there a way to analyze the clip to see what the problem is?

Also, I noticed that the clips were split in the middle of interviews. Is there a time limit per clip? They sync up when I bump them together, but I'd rather not have to.

Has anyone else run into this? Aside from these issues, I love the convenience. I just need to get it right.

Thanks.
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:32 PM   #60
Focus Enhancements

Hi Bill,

If the clips are still on the DR-HD100, have you tried the Repair Clip/Disk functions and then tried to re-import ? It is possible that some of the recordings may have been interrupted for some reason. Also, contact Focus tech support, they may have some suggestions.

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore