DR-HD100 various topics - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old December 1st, 2006, 04:43 PM   #61
Major Player

I tried repairing the disk, but the problem didn't go away. I'll try support.

Thanks.
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #62
Regular Crew

Hi Bill:

I just bought some DR-HD100's to use with the JVC HD110 and maybe you can answer a question for me:

I will also be using FCP and the only option I see under HDD format is M2T, which FCP doesn't recognize. Where do you set it to record MOV files?

I called Focus Tech support 3 days ago and left a message and also emailed them, and no one has responded.

I have a shoot this morning that has to be recorded direct to disk for immediate turn around, so if I can't get the DR-HD100 to work, I'll either have to use capture now with FCP (and lose all the TC information) or capture from the tape and have the client waiting an extra 2 hours.

Any insights you have would be much appreciated!
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #63
Major Player

You'll need to get the firmware upgrade to capture mov. files:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...pdate+dr-hd100

- but that won't do you much good today. Unless I'm mistaken.
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #64
Focus Enhancements

Hi BT,

Saw your post and your PM. According to support, they have left messages with you. I also sent a PM with some thoughts on this issue.

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:30 AM   #65
Major Player

Firestore for JVC HD100

Now that Focus has added HDV 24p Quicktime to its software, I am thinking of getting one for my JVC HD100a camera.

I have been looking online and the JVC version sells for around $1400 or so for the 40 gig version. I now see that Focus has a new model the FS4 HD that is cheaper. What is the difference? Can I only use the JVC version with the HD100?

Thanks,

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM   #66
Focus Enhancements

QuickTime HDV support is only on the DR-HD100, FS-4Pro HD and FS-C models...not the basic FS-4 HD. If you are using the JVC GY-HD100 series camera, the DR-HD100 is the way to go as it was designed around the camera. There is viewfinder feedback of FS status, several control modes, auto-power off etc.
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #67
Major Player

Matt,

Thanks for the info!!

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #68
Regular Crew

Battery Life?

Anyone know how long the standard Li-Ion battery lasts that comes with the DR-HD100? Thanks!
Chris Rentzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #69
Major Player

About one hour.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #70
Regular Crew

Is that one hour of shooting? Or mixed, shooting and stand-by.
And what about the other large cappacity batteries?
Thanks in advance.
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #71
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio Barbosa
Is that one hour of shooting? Or mixed, shooting and stand-by.
And what about the other large cappacity batteries?
Thanks in advance.
About one hour of shooting. There is a larger capacity battery, but you need a different Mount for it. Or you can buy two smaller batteries. Not sure how long the bigger one lasts though.

If you have a IDX or Anton Bauer Battery Setup you can get a mount in the back of the cam and have the DR-HD100 get powered by the battery setup.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #72
Regular Crew

FS4 HD 40GB for SALE

Hey Guys, I have some staff for sale, almost brand new, just sold my XL H1 here in DvInfo, you can get feedback from the person who purchased it. Nick.
I still have Firestore FS4 HD 40 Gb for sale, its almost brand new, I just recorded once a wedding, thats about it.
Also I have Wireless Microphone clip for sale, and Luxmen 50w on camera light with Bescor Dual Batteries. Everything I have its like brand new.
I have a Tripod with Fluid head, Bogen I beleive, I will take a picture and have it in my computer, in case you interested let me know
you can contact me by phone or email papoyan@msn.com
or 956.333.5018 or my buisness 956.753.2020

Nerses Papoyan
Nerses Papoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #73
Tourist

Problems with DR-HD100

I have a DR-HD100 that I just recently started using with a JVC HD110 camera. I've been having several problems when using it in the field, and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar:

The following happen at random intervals, anywhere from less than a minute to more than five minutes. It does not matter if the unit has just been turned on, or if it has been on for a while. In all cases, the longest continuous recording I've been able to make is less than ten minutes.

* When recording, the unit stops recording (drops back to pause).

* When recording, the unit LCD (and camera viewfinder) shows that recording is in progress, but the timer display has stopped (but not gone back to 0, as happens when you actually stop recording), and the unit is frozen.

* The unit freezes, usually when in stop or pause. Sometimes the unit LCD continues to display the usual info, and sometimes it goes blank (but the backlight is still on).

* The unit drops the firewire connection with the camera. It is not frozen, but won't re-connect without rebooting.

And, the following happen after the above problems have started occurring.

* The drive contains corrupt and zero-length files (along with good files).

* After using the "repair disk" option, the display shows zero minutes available on the drive. Only a reboot corrects this.

By "frozen", I mean that the front panel buttons stop working, and the unit doesn't respond to firewire commands. Rebooting the unit is a pain -- I have to disconnect it, remove it from the cradle, and pull out the battery (which takes two hands, due to the excessively tight fit).

I've gone through the manual carefully, and have checked every setting. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had problems like this? Any suggestions before I embark on the tech support route?

Thanks.
Nelse Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #74
Regular Crew

Mounting the Firestore on the HD100 w/ IDX

Hi!
I have a JVC HD100 with the IDX battery mount.
I'm seriously considering moving on to DTE, but since it's more than a few bucks, i'm reluctant, and seeking clarification... Can you help me out?

- If i get the dr-hd100/fs4, i can attach it to the idx plate, w/out any special adapters, right?
- Now, if I want to power the disk with the idx batteries, i need the O-FS100 adapter, right?... What does that adapter look like - any pictures?
- What would be the difference (%) in terms of battery life, if i have the firestore plugged to the idx battery?
- Can I easily replace the idx battery with the disk mounted on the plate, with the o-fs100?
- Can i power both the disk and an idx x3 led light, with the O-FS100?

I'd appreciate if someone could post a picture or two of a complete working setup, like i described - idx plate/firestore/o-fs100... all wired and everything.

Thank you so much for your time,
Sérgio.
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #75

the FD100 mounts on the right side of the IDX battery holder. When i bought the NP7 battery setup from IDX, it came with the bracket and power cable to fit my FS4-HD. The power cable also has an accessory plug if you want to run the IDX light at the same time as the FS4. The FS4 mount plate uses the standard plastic FS4 holder that comes with the FS4/FD100. The mounting location is nowhere near the battery compartment, so, there is no interference problem here. since the FS4 has its own battery, power consumption is really a non issue for at least the first hour of recording. running a light, FS4 and camera will significantly reduce your operating time. for my money, the LED light really doesn't have enough candlepower for realistic use. A 50w light will use more power than you care to pull from the IDX battery and will need its own 12v, 4 amp source.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore