Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 33 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 13th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #481
Major Player

Wildlife footage needed (Deers and birds)

Greetings all.

I'm producing a local television show in central Illinois about a motorcycle/atv riding facility. One of the segments of the show talks about the facilities environmental and wildlife awareness. Basically, they understand that the land needs a balance for both the people and the animals.

On their property they have deer and various native birds, one of them being quail. It would be great to have a few shots of those animals. The problem is that in the production process we didn't have an opportunity to go out and shoot the wildlife. And at this point the leaves are off the trees and the weather is bad, so there's no way we'll be getting any footage of these animals ourselves.

If you have any HD (any format- 1080i or 720p) footage of deer or quail in a mid-western wooded area during summer or fall, I'd be interested in taking a look.

The pay is $30 per twenty second clip, and of course you'll get a credit at the end of the show.

I need to see all clips prior to any ok so please email me with links. Ideally I would like four of the deer shots and two quail shots, but other birds would be fine if their native to the mid-west. All shots must be from a tripod. Handheld footage won't be considered.

Thanks.

Ben

benlynnmail @ hotmail dot com
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #482
Regular Crew

Z1U, XH-A1 or EX3 rental needed near Columbia, MO ...

I'm looking for someone who rent's out either a Z1U, XH-A1 or EX1 along with a tripod in the Columbia, MO area.

I need this camera for one week with pickup on the 18th of November.

Thanks,

george@tasickmedia.com
Old November 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #483
Wrangler

Geir Inge is the David Attenborough of Norway, you should contact him!
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #484
Major Player

George,

Hope you found someone already. If not, atsrentals.com rents out the Canon XH-A1, and Zacuto.com in Chicago also does rentals on a somewhat more pro level.
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:05 AM   #485
Regular Crew

Hey,
I am currently a Senior in High School. I own a XH-A1 (just got it and learning how to use it) and would love to work for you. I am in monmouth county. If you are ever doing anything in this area, let me know.
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #486
Major Player

Up in Northern New Jersey, close to New York City.

XH-A1 and Steadicam

Junior in Seton Hall University. Film Program. Plenty wedding experience. Trying to build a reel. Will work for less money if I get to keep all the footage before you edit it.
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #487
Major Player

Operators needed in London around the 26th of November

I need 2 operators to shoot a concert in London one day.
Itīs for a low budget feature and we are shooting on Sony EX cameras.
The concert is probably in The Royal Court Theatre (upstairs).
If you are am operator with your own EX, even better as we are looking for more cameras
The date is not decided yet, but sometime on or after the 26th.
I will post updates here

Please contact me:
Joachim Hoge
joachimhoge@mac.com
0047 90618459

Last edited by Joachim Hoge; November 20th, 2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old November 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #488
Regular Crew

Hi. I would be interested in helping out when available. I have the XH A1 with a wide angle lens adaptor, no 35mm lens add-ons. I've shot a couple of weddings and lots of short films, I would bring a cinematic eye to your productions. Based in Somerville, about 1/2 hour from Princeton when Rt 206 doesn't suck.
Thanks,
JF
Old November 19th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #489
Trustee

South Louisiana Shooter (weddings)

My wife is shooting fewer and fewer weddings with me these days so I'm in need of a second shooter in South Louisiana. Second shooters for me are the documentary style shooter so it's not terrbily challenging work. I will provide all the gear, and cover your gas expenses on top of what I'm paying for your services. I just need you to show up, point a camera in the right direction and turn it on.

We're located in Houma, but shoot most of our weddings in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette.

-Ethan Cooper
Old November 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #490
Regular Crew

Cinematographer LA Area Owner/Operator

Experienced feature Cinematographer looking to collaborate with other professional filmmakers and producers. I own and operate an HPX500 with an HD Canon Wide angle lens. (6mm) I also own a complete Final Cut Studio editing suite, complete with DVCAM deck and Adobe CS3 Suite. I am located in Van Nuys even though I have a San Diego phone number. My list of equipment is below.

Please check out my website for contact info and examples of my work.
http://www.alan-curtis.com

Derek Nickell
619-889-4851
derek@alan-curtis.com

Personal Equipment:
• Panasonic HPX500, Canon KJ13X6BKRS HD Wide Angle Zoom Lens, (2) 32 P2 Cards, (1) 16gb P2 Card, Chrosziel 2-Stage Matte Box, Misc Glass Filters, Chrosziel Follow Focus, 17” Panasonic HD Monitor, Manfrotto 519 Fluid Drag Head, Manfrotto 351MVB2 Legs, Sachtler Video 20 Fluid Head and Legs, Sennhieser EW100 Wireless Lavaliere Kit, Audio Technica AT4073 Shotgun Mic, K-Tek 8’ Boompole, Doorway Dolly.

• Portable Editing/P2 Dump:
• 15” MacBook Pro
• Duel P2/Expresscard 34 Adapter
• P2CMS Installed
• MS Office
• Final Cut Studio
• Adobe Creative Suite 3

• Studio:
• Mac Pro 3.2ghz 8-Core
• 30” Cinema Display
• 22” HD Preview Display
• 14gb RAM
• 4tb Internal HDD
• 2.5tb External
• NVidia Quadro 5600 1.5gb Graphics
• 4gb Fiber Lan
• Contour Shuttle Pro
• Bose 2.1 Speaker System
• Final Cut Studio 2
• Adobe Creative Suite 3
• Quicktime Pro
• JVC BR-DV6000 DVCAM Deck
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:23 AM   #491
Tourist

Looking for Artist/Animator

Hello all,

I'm looking for someone to help animate parts of a film I'm currently working on. It's a very short film (less than two minutes), and a combination of live action and animation.

I'm not looking for very elaborate animation, just some very simple drawings, and if you are interested or know anyone that's interested, I have do have the live action portion of the film already cut together.

Thanks,

T.
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:08 PM   #492
New Boot

Composer Needed

Good afternoon,

We have are nearing completion of a short film in Melbourne Australia. In it's rough form it has been screened already and we've been highly encouraged into submitting into festivals. The only snag so far is that we've been unable to secure some of the rights for the music we've used, hence we need a composer who would be able to provide us with a score.

The film is a sinister comedy of 10-12 minutes, with the score needed for about 7 of those minutes. Please contact me if this sounds of any interest to you.

Thanks,
Alex
(amazinglex@gmail.com)
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM   #493
New Boot

Filming Location available - Woods, Lakes, Barns, GrassPlains - Hickory Flat MS 38633

If anyone needs a good filming location with Woods, Lakes, Barns, Horses, Donkeys, Grassy Plains, Swimming Pools, General Lee, etc. you should check out our place - it is 68 acres with all the above mentioned and you do not need any filming permits! Oh, the joy of private property! :)

I've attached an aerial photo and birds eye view of our property taken from MS Virtual Earth:
(note: everything within the red border is ours - 68 acres total)
Attached Thumbnails
Helping Hands from 2008-joey-gowdy-58-136-mckay-road-hickory-flat-ms-38633.jpg   Helping Hands from 2008-joey-gowdy-home-large-birds-eye-view.jpg  

Old November 29th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #494
Regular Crew

UK Wanted: 35mm camera/crew

Hi, im looking to build up my books and contacts.

I am searching for 35mm cine cameras to borrow/rent with/without crew also. South UK preferable.

I am Portsmouth based, but looking for UK wide contacts.

Thanks, Alex Brown.

info@basementvision.com
Old November 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #495
Regular Crew

Gear Update

Just added a Sony EX3 to my quiver, and have sold my portable jib. Will be adding a steadycam Pilot for my EX cameras in early 2009 as well.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands