Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #496
Inner Circle

Seeking Motion GRFX Designer

Hi:

Need design/AE wizard to generate two title cards, lower thirds and interview backgrounds for DVD project for popular animated show. Project is low budget but does pay. Opportunity for a lot of creativity, design will be fairly simple so seeking someone we can give a lot of basic animation elements to, some requirements about the number of elements we need and then you can decide how to best make the elements work together. Other than fonts, this project will use only provided pre-existing animation/still elements.

Project starts immediately and finished elements will be due before Christmas.

Please e-mail resume and link to on-line demo to blfilms@mac.com

Thanks,

Dan Brockett
Old December 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #497
Regular Crew

Freelance Shooter stationed in South Dakota

I'm available for shooting video in the Northern Great Plains region, i.e., South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Nebraska. My specialty is nature and wildlife but I will consider other jobs. Contact me here or go to my website Pronghorn Productions - Home Page
Old December 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #498
Major Player

E-mail sent, I'm not an expert though....but I do know how to figure stuff out on my own.
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #499
New Boot

New samples and TP page!

Hello, my friends,

I have just uploaded some new samples, as well as a whole new Teacher's Pet page!

Here they are:
New film music samples - Erez Henya / Audio and Video
Teacher's Pet - Erez Henya / Teacher's Pet

I would say let me know what you think, but I should say let me know what you feel!

Erez Henya
Contemporary Classical and Film Music
Composer, Orchestrator and Conductor
Erez Henya - Film Composer
Old December 7th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #500
Major Player

You're good! I thought the music went pretty well with the video. I liked that it changed to a dark music when the girl shut her book.
Did you use a program to make the music?
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #501
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stemen View Post
You're good! I thought the music went pretty well with the video. I liked that it changed to a dark music when the girl shut her book.
Did you use a program to make the music?
Thank you, Eric!

Although I hoped it would, the score used in the film was not recorded by live musicians due to a limited budget, but I certainly hope to work with live musicians next time!
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #502
New Boot

My film music sample videos

Hello, my friends,

I thought you'd like to know that I have just posted two videos containing samples from my music, for your convenience.

The first, Teacher's Pet Symphonic Suite (Short Preview), presents samples from the symphonic suite based on the
score I did for Teacher's Pet. It is available in HD and high quality audio in Vimeo (recommended), as well as in YouTube: (Total length: 1:07)

Vimeo: Teacher's Pet Symphonic Suite (Short Preview) on Vimeo
YouTube: YouTube - Teacher's Pet Symphonic Suite (Preview)

The second video, Original Music Samples by Erez Henya / Drama, was uploaded today, and contains six drama
samples which I have selected for you. Let me know what they make you feel...
(Total length: 1:43)

Vimeo: Original Music Samples by Erez Henya / Drama on Vimeo
YouTube: YouTube - Original Music Samples by Erez Henya / Drama

Screenshot: http://erezhenya.com/stuff/vid_sh.jpg

Thank you for watching-listening, your comments are encouraged and welcome!

Take care,
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #503
Major Player

Seeking production fixer in North Africa / Mali

Seeking a guide/fixer that can communicate with the locals,can arrange fliming permits and various logistics locally, as well as arrange a travel crew production to be set in the desert. Rentals can include anything from generators to cars to lighting, etc. Shoot for 12 days. Any prior experience dealing with permits, and officials, etc. will be very helpful!

Any leads or responses appreciated! Pls email me via Dvinfo or just respond here
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #504
Major Player

Puerto Rico Shooters for upcoming event

Looking for two to possibly three shooters to cover a boxing event in Puerto Rico. Currently I have rough details on the show but I wanted to get an idea of who's available in Puerto Rico.

This will be a boxing event covered by three cameras. One camera being myself and two others.

SD or HD - preferred matched cameras.

List your camera and any other equipment. Experience and online reel.
Old December 11th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #505
Major Player

Need about a 7 second clip of sun/blue sky

I am looking for someone who can help me get a good clip of the sun with clear blue sky. The sun should be either centered or slightly off center, kind of big, minimal lens flare. I tried doing it with my Canon A1 but don`t have a good enough CP filter and it looked horrendous. I am trying to get a shot like in Westerns, to show that noon has arrived and its time for a showdown. I am also located in the North East so the sun barely gets off the horizon into the really blue part of midday sky. So I would think someone in the south would have to try if anything. I have a good ftp that I can set up an account for you to upload to, and can give credit in the film. If anyone can give me a hand please let me know.

Also if it could be hdv that`d be great, movie was filmed on a Panasonic HVX200

Last edited by Nathan Quattrini; December 11th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #506
Regular Crew

Try here too: RevoStock: Affordable Stock Video Footage, After Effects Projects, Music and Sound Effects
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #507
Major Player

Cool -- that's the most affordable stock footage place I've seen. Thanks!
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #508
Inner Circle

I live in the desert (Southwest)... out where many of the old Hollywood westerns were shot! Roy Rogers and Dale Evans hung out just down the road a piece, even! Trigger was immortalized just off the local freeway 'til they moved it all to Branson and put up a car lot...

I'll see if we get a couple sunny days - been pretty cloudy here lately, and we are hoping for some SNOW!!! If you've got a couple days, I'm sure I can snag something.

I can stack CP's if needed on SR11 or CX12, should get you something nice. I'll PM once I get something. I have a couple WA lenses that get some cool lens flare too, which I'm a big fan of, call me silly, though you say you'd rather not have flare.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #509
Tourist

Avid/FCP experts? Encoding gurus? Want part-time email support job?

We're looking for experts in Avid/Final Cut Pro, experienced video compressionists, ProTools gurus, or others with expert-level media experience.

We have part-time email technical support positions available to assist our customers with their questions on integrating their workflows with our media transformation platform. (RadiantGrid Technologies | Products & Services)

When customers have issues setting up encoding settings, questions on integrating with Avid or Final Cut, or problems understanding how to prepare content for broadcast or online distribution, we have openings for experienced folks to help answer those questions.

We'll pay biweekly (PayPal, if desired) on an hourly basis (prorated to 15min increments), and can work around your schedule. These would be "on-call" positions with no fixed commitment. Looking to fill East Coast and West Coast based positions, or anywhere in between.

If this sounds interesting, please contact me at jobs@radiantgrid.com.

Thanks,
Kirk
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #510
Inner Circle

After the ugliest morning in recent memory (thought it was going to snow!), the clouds parted and I got some stuff that may be usable - I'm going to run it through Vegas with some filtering, but I think I've got something that might be usable. I've got a couple minutes worth, but I'm going to chop some out as the cam did some freaky things when I closed up the dual CP's - got some interior shots of the camera!

PM me and I can upload the files to my server once I get them cleaned up a bit. I'm pretty sure there's enough to pick and choose from (and you can always time stretch) that you can pull the needed few seconds!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands