GoPro Protune - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old November 30th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #151
New Boot

Re: GoPro Protune

I am a total noob but shot some stuff recently in protune mode. Are there any links were I can find a protune workflow. I edit in Premiere on a PC.
Justin Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #152
Wrangler

For recent versions of PPro, just import and adjust to suit. Since it is a minimally processed file, you'll probably want to tweak with a color corrector and maybe add a bit of sharpening. That might slow you down if you don't have GPU acceleration but if you do have it, no sweat.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #153
Regular Crew

I rolled mine back until they get the issues worked out – it was locking up every time I tried to use it and I had to pull the battery.

I’ve never done post correction before, but while I was tinkering with my protune files I started creating presets of color correction for my clips that put me in the ballpark at least with them. Procamp was useful for one example.
Jason Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #154
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer View Post
For recent versions of PPro, just import and adjust to suit. Since it is a minimally processed file, you'll probably want to tweak with a color corrector and maybe add a bit of sharpening. That might slow you down if you don't have GPU acceleration but if you do have it, no sweat.
Thanks Pete, I am good to go on acceleration and I am running CS6. The trick will be how well I can color correct under water footage.
Justin Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #155
Major Player

A firmware update for HD2 is being developed, GoPro have submitted 100 case studies to their FW Engineers to help pin point the issue. No date has been set for release yet.
Ian Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 04:37 AM   #156
Major Player

Thats great news Ian. Yesterday for the first time I suffered multiple freezes that even removing the battery would not always correct. And since I had the H2 with a wifi back and in a case and in a high hard to access place it was even more frustrating. Finally I had to give up and just rely on my other cams but at the last minute I retried shooting using the new App via my Galaxy S3 (which had also frozen up) and it started recording. I had left the H2 / Galaxy combo untouched for around 20 minutes before retrying. Maybe that is another workaround to the freezing problem if time allows. The settings were latest firmware + Protune 1080 25T.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:08 AM   #157
Regular Crew

I think the update to the update is out now? I updated mine again night before last and it seems solid. I took it out to try to get some video of the tornado damage here and it worked pretty flawlessly. Didn’t have to pull the battery out once!

So, back to the drawing board for a nice preset to apply to these Protune files. The higher bitrate video looks noticeably better. If I could just get a ballpark preset worked up.
Jason Garrett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems