GoPro Protune - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old October 9th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #61
Trustee

Re: GoPro Protune

I just did the update but the sun's gone here so it's too late to test it out. I'm heading down the coast on a surf trip this weekend so I'll be sure to bring the GoPro along and give the ProTune firmware a through workout.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #62
Regular Crew

I have the GoPro Hero2. Could some kind soul take me through the Protune software upgrade, please? There don't appear to be any instructions for computer illiterates to follow.
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #63
Regular Crew

I think you need the new Ciniform (sp?) software first. That will give you a prompt to manage your device/update, etc. It tells you if you have the latest version or not and does the update from there. Then it tells you to shut it off and reconnect and it verifies your update was successful.

I just took a run with mine on the Harley this morning, but I may not have the full bitrate. I’m still getting nearly 3 hours on my card.
Jason Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #64
Major Player

1) Make sure your HD HERO2 camera is:
a. Turned OFF
b. Unplugged from computer
c. Loaded with an SD card
d. Battery is well charged
2) Install CineForm Studio on your computer.
3) Once successfully installed, close the CineForm Studio program.
4) Insert SD card into your HD HERO2 camera.
5) Turn ON your HD HERO2 camera.
6) If your camera or SD card has not been used before, take a test photo or short video clip.
7) Connect your HD HERO2 camera to your computer with USB cable.
8) Open CineForm Studio software application.
9) If an update is available, a dialog box will appear — click “Update”.
10) CineForm Studio will automatically download and install the new firmware onto your HD HERO2 camera.
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #65
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks to my mate Philip for pointing this out!!! My Hero with a 32GB card gives me 1hr14mins of record time but Philip says he only gets 41 mins??? I'm set at 1080 25P and medium FOV.

Gotta give the cam a try now!!!

Chris
Hi Chris,
I too have updated my firmware, cam set to 1080 30p but my cam is showing 2h55m on a 32gb card. I have checked the footage & it is indeed recorded at 35mb/s so not sure what is going on with all these different numbers!! Do you have any footage on the card you have?

Bryce
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #66
Regular Crew

Would anyone be surprised if I didn’t think I did it right? LOL I swear I had it set correct when I left out, but I’m not sure it was in ‘Protune’ mode and I’ve seen it reset a few times since I got to work after fiddling with it. It all goes back to default settings. Including date/time, etc.

Mine does show the same time capacity as the poster above me though when I have it set.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #67
Major Player

when you update DON'T update your frame rate etc etc cos Protune is off by default!! Run thru the menu and ignore all settings until you get to ProTune and turn it on, then go back to the start and set frame rates, angles etc etc.

I couldn't get Protune to be sticky and I assumed it was because I had adjusted the frame rates etc first. Very frustrating! However rebooting the camera the backback and the Ipad did the trick and I now have ProTune :- )

I had first updated the cam the backpack and existing wifi remote using Cineform and it all went fine.

Using a Sandisk 32gb card with any existing files deleted I am showing 1 hour 23 minutes capacity. I wonder if Philip has some other files on his card that don't show in GoPro but none the less are taking up some capacity.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #68
Inner Circle

Hi Bryce

You have ProTune turned on in the menu? The first time I did everything I got around 2hrs record time but ProTune I found was off..when I put it on I then found the time dropped down to 74 minutes. I used to get around 2hrs and a bit on a 16GB card with the old firmware but that was I think only at 13 mbps ..at the new bitrate of 35 mbps (almost 3 times higher) I figured that it should be 1/3 of the orginal which would be around 40 mins for a 16GB and 80mins for a 32GB card.

On my Hero with ProTune turned on and in 1080 25P mode (we are PAL) and the card contents deleted it tells me 1 hr 23mins However my display DOES say the mode is 1080 25T not 25P ...what is "T" mode

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #69
Regular Crew

Thanks very much Ron - that's what I like and need one small step at a time.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #70
Major Player

T means proTune, or not?
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #71
Regular Crew

Does this help?

GoPro Protune by Fastfwd01, on Flickr
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #72
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Bryce

You have ProTune turned on in the menu? The first time I did everything I got around 2hrs record time but ProTune I found was off..when I put it on I then found the time dropped down to 74 minutes. I used to get around 2hrs and a bit on a 16GB card with the old firmware but that was I think only at 13 mbps ..at the new bitrate of 35 mbps (almost 3 times higher) I figured that it should be 1/3 of the orginal which would be around 40 mins for a 16GB and 80mins for a 32GB card.

On my Hero with ProTune turned on and in 1080 25P mode (we are PAL) and the card contents deleted it tells me 1 hr 23mins However my display DOES say the mode is 1080 25T not 25P ...what is "T" mode

Chris
Hi Chris,
Yes, Protune is on. I have fiddled around a bit, & everything looks right. Still shows 2hr54mins though. Looking at the clip that i have recorded in Gspot, it is showing that it is recorded at 35mbps so maybe there is a bit of a bug & the time remaining is not displayed correctly?? Have to go to work now, but i will have a bit more of a fiddle with it tonight & see if i can make sense of it.
Bryce

P.S. Yes mine also says T not P
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #73
Inner Circle

Thanks

Mine is the same except the mode is 25T not 30T ..I have a Transcend 32GB card which my computer shows as 30.2GB when it's empty and that gives me 1hr 23mins record time. That's weird cos even if the card showed up as 32GB it still wouldn't push the record time right up to your 2hrs 58mins!!! You are somehow getting twice the record time ..I assume that's a 32GB card???

Just put in a 16GB card and I get a mere 41minutes with the card empty...I wonder how you guys are getting double the record time???

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #74
Regular Crew

Yes, mine is a 32 gig Patriot Class 10 (super cheap on Newegg btw – like $20). I erased it just now and it’s back up to nearly 3 hours with the 1080p 30T – which I presume is the Protune mode indicator.
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #75
Regular Crew

deleted post of protune clips

Last edited by Jason Garrett; October 9th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Jason Garrett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems