24p questions - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:51 PM   #406
Space Hipster

For good slo mo, you need more frames per second than normal, not less.

That's why there are specialized film cameras that shoot hundreds of frames per second (think slow mo bullet shots etc.).

DVX100 maximum is 30fps progressive, and 60fps interlaced.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 01:19 PM   #407
Barry Wan Kenobi

<<<-- Originally posted by Mike Zorger : what about if i shot a time laps in 24p and set the speed to about 4000. Would that turn out smooth, or should i still shot in 30.??
thanks -->>>

I don't think you can, can you? I don't think the 24P modes work with time lapse, because of the pulldown issues. You'd have to use 30P or 60i for time lapse.

And yes, regardless, speeding up the time lapse footage will be quite smooth.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 01:38 PM   #408
Major Player

no, im not saying use the tap laps feature on the camera. But just let it record, and make a time laps. Would it blur up and not look smooth if you put the speed % up high from 1000-4000 depending on how long it is and how fast you want the time laps to move.
???????????????
Mike Zorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM   #409
Major Player

If you shoot normal footage and then speed it up, it will not blur, just give you very fast footage. All that happens when you speed up footage is that it starts to skip frames. IF you are running ntsc regualr 30fps and decide to speed that up, say 200%, you would basically be playing 2 seconds worth of footage in one second. 15 frames from the first second, and 15 from the 2nd second. The more you speed up your footage, the fewer original frames you will be keeping. This can give you smooth footage if you kept the camera steady for a very long time, however, I don't think this is what you are looking to do. Time laps does not slow down motion it speeds it up dramatically.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM   #410
Major Player

slowing 24p in Vegas

Barry Green - FWIW - I found that disabling resampling in Vegas makes slowing 24p almost acceptable. That being said, 30p is def. better.
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM   #411
Regular Crew

Barry and/or anyone else who's used 60i for slo-mo in a 24p timeline: I've just shot some 60i footage for a slo-mo effect in a 24p movie. Haven't yet digitized it, since I'm on location. How specifically will this work in FCP, if cutting in a 24p timeline? Any issues with importing the 60i footage into a 24p timeline? Thanks for any info.

Stas
Stas Tagios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:07 PM   #412
Barry Wan Kenobi

I don't use FCP so I'll have to defer to someone with more expertise on that. In Vegas it's really simple, you import the clip into a 24P timeline, and tell it to use a playback rate of 40%, and that's about all you have to do! Make sure your de-interlacing/blending fields options are set to the best quality as well.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:51 AM   #413
Major Player

I have shot tons of time lappes and they turn out TIGHT. I bet i have shot better Time lapes than 90% of the people on this site.
Peace
Old January 12th, 2004, 08:10 AM   #414
Major Player

saving the 24p settings

I know this may have been asked in the past, but how do i save my settings when i'm in 24p? DO i just press the button in the back, and set the number on the dial that i want it to set to???
thanks
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:27 AM   #415
Major Player

at the very end of the scene file setup ( where you change you settings) it will ask you to name the new scene file, and also ask you to save the settings. Just keep pressing yes until it says "saved". However, do not go to the "int" option, or this will revert it back to the original. I hope this is what you were looking for.
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #416
Major Player

sounds good to me, i'll try it out.
Thanks
Old January 13th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #417
Regular Crew

So using the INT option, can i revert to factory settings at any time if i screw things up ?
Art Guglielmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:22 AM   #418
Major Player

Yes, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it does. I personally havn't reverted back, but that is what the manual says it does.
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #419
Major Player

ok i f...ed up. i saved some of my 24p under scene 1. How do i go back. Do i just have to undo all of my settings and save again. or what. I cant really remeber how it was before exactly.
Old January 14th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #420
Major Player

ok
1:press menue
2:enter the "scene file" setting
3:go all the way to the bottom, to the setting that says
"save/init"
4:you wil then fave the option of save or Initial. Go to Intitial, and press yes.
5: It will then say "initial ?" go to yes and push still. There you go, factory settings.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant