AG-DVC30 various topics - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 1st, 2006, 09:11 PM   #211
Major Player

hmm, not sure. I haven't tried any of your options. I never found a need to really do any of these things. But i'll give it a try and see if i'm able.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:48 AM   #212
Tourist

Michael

If you have already checked it out, Thanks. If you haven't don't go to any trouble, as I am returning the camera.

I know my needs are far from typical, but others who are considering this camera and need Date\Time stamp and digital zoom should be aware of these limitations.

I will say that the camera was very nice. Sturdily built, with a great optical lens, and a good feel. I wish it had worked out.

Thanks
Jack
Jack Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:24 PM   #213
New Boot

DVC30 at 18,000 ft?

I'm headed for a trek in Peru with my DVC30. Up to 18,000 ft. Does anyone have experience or advice for high altitudes (regarding the camera, that is... My body is another topic ;-) ? Assuming that I can keep the camera above freezing, and without condensation, are there other altitude effects to watch out for? The DVC30 specs don't mention altitude.
Douglas Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM   #214
Major Player

sounds like a fun trip. I've had mine up to 12,000 with no problems other than panting like a fool. this winter on really cold days here in NYC, I would occasionally hear a funny noise coming from the transport. this was below freezing though. Kind of sounded like a whine. didn't seem to affect anything other than the mic picking it up.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM   #215
Major Player

ive seen PD150's etc on Everest (on tv of course) so i doubt you will have any problems. i think temp would have more effect than altitude. good luck on the trip. Ive only been to the summit of Mt. Washington NH. I could only imagine something 3 times the height :)
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #216
Regular Crew

"Apr. 14, 1999: Last Sunday in Huntsville, Ala., a weather balloon was launched amid the golden light and stretching shadows of late afternoon. The whipping wind quickly carried the balloon aloft at 6:47 p.m. CDT, encouraged by the enthusiastic cheers of the launchers. Their eyes followed the balloon until it disappeared into the expansive blue sky, then they quickly huddled around tiny TV monitors to watch scenic video filmed from the balloon’s payload.

Thanks to the balloon’s downward-pointing video camera, anyone with Internet access could watch the world from the balloon’s point of view. The live webcast featured images of the sunset as seen from 80,000 ft and eerie gurgling sounds caused by high altitude winds. Selected video highlights are now available for replay. They include a movie of the launch, sunset from the stratosphere, and an audio recording of the balloon bursting at 95,000 ft."
Federico Prieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #217
New Boot

Batteries for DVC30

Does the battery series that fit my DVX100B work on the DVC30 that I'm thinking about getting?
Bob Limberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #218
Inner Circle

yes, however if your planning on using teh DVC30 as a B roll to the 100b, then id strongly recomend you run tests before hand.. the image is TOTALLY different from each camera...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #219
New Boot

DVC30 pink shows up red?!

does anyone else have this problem? I white balance and everything, but on shades of pink (including fuchsia) it shows up as shades of red. this sucks because i shoot weddings with two cameras, the other shows the pink shades. thus my delimma. if anyone knows how to correct this please let me know! thanks!
David Roseland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM   #220
Inner Circle

yup.... the red saturation is too high on this unit, and if u tweak it, it will affect the whole colour range..

i took the cam when it was first released out ona job where the bridesmaids dresses were hot pink.. they looked red...
i took the camera back and got a seconds DVX100....
the only think i miss is the looooooooong zoom...
Old August 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #221
Major Player

hmmm, did you try tweeking down the chroma setting?
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #222
Inner Circle

i had a prerelease pal model before they hit the market (i worked as a distributor) so knowing these cams was paramount to my sales....
That and the fact that i already had DVX100's in stock and in my own studio.... so knowing the insides was pretty standard stuff... tweaking these cams wasnt brain surgery...
Trying to use sell the 30 as a "second unit" for DVX100's failed abysmally due to the lack of colour matching. If they could at least match that saturation and chroma phase, then it would have sold like hotcakes, but it didnt, so it didnt sell that much... it was nigh on impossible to match the 2... irrespective of what settings you had them on..
to this day, even matching a dvx100 to a 100a is nigh on impossible... even if u dumb it down... i dont know if its the 12bit RGB chip or what... either way, ive found the only to match pana cameras is if theyre the same unit...

either that or im missing something..
Old August 31st, 2006, 07:56 AM   #223
New Boot

yeah, i've since then tweak the color settings, a little too late though. but the colors still end up having an abnormal tint to them. i just had to create a seperate user setting just for fuchsia. that is a major achilles heel if you ask me. other then that i've loved the camera...too bad i guess. thanks for the input.
David Roseland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM   #224
Regular Crew

Aaarrrgggg!

I just shot a outdoor wedding today, Beautiful outside, no breeze, beautiful couple. Got home, rewound the tape and went to import them and nothing.

Dirty heads I believe. Worked on regular video recorders for 20 years but can I clean the video heads on my DVC30 the same way as I did peoples VHS desks? Denatured Alc on a wet shamy.

Need help quick. Couple comes back in a week and a few days from their honey moon!!!

Jeff Lovell
Created Design Video

I really don't want to send this in.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM   #225
Inner Circle

i woudlnt clean the head with THAT...

id use a dry type (or hhrard type) head cleaner

also what do u mean by "nothing"

need more info
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant