AG-DVC30 various topics - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 28th, 2005, 04:41 AM   #91
Regular Crew

Dan,

The Raynox Wide angle lens adaptors have a front filter thread.

This one is supposed to be a very good one.

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/video/hd7000pro/index.htm

Adam
Adam Folickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #92
Regular Crew

DVC-30 Lens Cap problem

Recently I did a lot a lot of travel shooting for small amounts of time so I was removing the lens cap and then putting it back on a lot over the course of a day.

I noticed that the lens cap seems to not stay on the lens hood too well. If the camera was on a car seat and then got nudged or picked up in my hands, a lot of time the lens cap would fall off the lens hood (not stay secure).

Is it just me or does anybody else notice this problem ? Is there a trick to getting the lens caop to stay on securely ?

Thanks.
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #93
Trustee

Same here. Mine doesn't stay on well either. I suggest you attach it with a small cord to your cam. I lost my cap about a month ago and had to replace it for a cost of $19.95.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #94
Major Player

That's awesome I'd get the same setup as you Leo but it looks like I gotta sell my dvc30 I got another camera for free and won't need two. Anyone interested can check my listing in the classifieds, it has a lot of accessories.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #95
Major Player

joel if you can still return your dvc30 you might want to. i bought a dvc30 at the beginning of feburary from B&H and after using it for only 1 hour I've gotta sell it. i also bought some accessories you may be interested in, check my thread in the classifieds
Old March 31st, 2005, 07:58 AM   #96
Regular Crew

The DVC30 Lens HOOD

On the DVC30 lens hood, there are threads.

Does anybody know what you could and would want to attach to those threads ?

Just wondering.........
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM   #97
New Boot

Gotta sell it?

Evan

I'm puzzled...

Why do you have to sell it?

What problems did you encounter?

What is wrong with the camera?

What did you expect it to do that it doesn't do?
Dan Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #98
Major Player

oh i'm sorry if i was wasn't clear. the camera is great there's nothing wrong with it. but a month after i bought it someone donated a canon gl2 to our production. i'm already completely firmiliar with the camera which is convient because our schedule doesn't allow me the time to get the knowledge of the dvc30 that i have for the gl2. so i'm selling my dvc30 kit.
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #99
New Boot

Cap

Yup! I put the cap on very, very carefully. Even then, it is none to snug! It's irritating!

Are you asking about the 4 or 5 beveled lines between the Leica Dicomar lettering and the square lens opening? If so, I don't think they are threads.

My lens is threaded for filters etc. but there is nothing inside or outside of the hood itself other than those beveled surfaces.
Dan Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:37 AM   #100
Regular Crew

Dan,

What you said about the 4 or 5 lines is what I am talking about.

I wonder if they have any function.

I found that after I squeeze the outside of the cap to put it on, if I turn the cap slightly, sometimes it will stay attached better.
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #101
Trustee

Obsolete? Not true

FS4 now supports HD as well.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #102
Trustee

No comparison

There is no comparison between the cameras. If you want a pro camera you get a DVC or DVX. If you want a consumer camera then you get a PV or NG.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #103
Regular Crew

info on other fora indicates the FS4 does not support the Panasonic interface. You would need to start/stop recording via the FS4 button. But that also means you would not need a tape mounted in the cam.
Chris Byrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM   #104
New Boot

Chris Byrnes is correct. You do NOT need to use a tape in the dvx100, however you need to start the recording from the actual FS4. Apparantly this issue will be resolved with a software update for the FS4.
Tre Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:33 PM   #105
New Boot

Just got a DVC-30, would like some pointers...

Hey guys (first post!)-

This past weekend, my father and I (I'm 17) went out and bought a AG-DVC30. We also got the XLR Adaptor, Extended Battery, and a Carrying Case. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers on what to do pretty much right away? Just some general guidelines, or even specific instructions. I'm pretty much covered in terms of accessories; I've got a tripod, good headphones, and I have the things we bought with the camcorder. I'm not sure if I'm too crazy about a shotgun mic: I can probably borrow one from my school. I'd like some input on it though, pros and cons, what they're useful for, etc. Any other tips you guys have would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Derek

P.S. The guy we bought it from said to keep using the same tapes, and he noted that there are two major brands: Sony tapes and Panasonic tapes. He said that Sony tapes were sold under the Maxell, Canon, and Sony names, and that the Panasonic tapes were pretty much everything else. How true is this? It sounds believable, and I definitely believe the sticking with the same tapes part, I'm just not sure of the brand names.
Derek Brameyer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant