DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 101 to 125 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Final Cut Pro X July 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,702
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Don't be hoodwinked twice

So you're saying it actually is faster than 3.5 with a quickcluster? Or without the quickcluster? I just got a new quad core macbook and I'm trying to figure out how to maximize encoding performance,...
Forum: Final Cut Pro X July 13th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 9,051
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: FCPX: A Pro Photographer/Video Noob's POV.

Everyone keeps saying this, but I think it's a serious mistake to think of this as apple abandoning the pros and turning towards the consumer. Studios & production houses used to be the only pros -...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD July 13th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 13,913
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: 5D Mark II, Technicolor cinestyle and heavy color grading

I really do think Technicolor is best suited to scenes where you can't control the lighting and are dealing with high dynamic range - in those situations it's pretty amazing what it can do. In lower...
Forum: Show Your Work July 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,449
Posted By Evan Donn
'Repo Session' - our latest 48 hour project

Completed this recently for the San Francisco 48 Hour Film Project. We were totally unprepared this time and short some of our crew, so we went for something easy to shoot and it actually came...
Forum: Final Cut Suite July 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,717
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Upgrade my macbook?

I just upgraded from a 17" (previous generation to yours - 2.5ghz/4gb ram max) to a 15 quad with the hi-res and an SSD - the performance difference is pretty dramatic! FCP itself doesn't run...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD July 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 12,374
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: what is the HDMI out interlaced or progressive?

It's not just the screen info that's the problem. Basically the output mirrors what's on the back of the camera, which means you get a 4x3 image with a 16x9 masked area, centered in a 16x9 output -...
Forum: All Things Audio June 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 2,826
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Zoom H4N recording fails / corrupt file : See Photo

I've had it happen a couple times. In both cases it occurred when the batteries ran out during recording - apparently the data isn't actually written into the file until you hit stop, so anything...
Forum: Final Cut Pro X June 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,831
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: FCP X on Conan O'Brien

Sure they would. If, after all this time, Apple had shipped iMovie Pro and not shipped an update to FCP everyone would be screaming about how Apple was neglecting/abandoning the professional market,...
Forum: Final Cut Pro X June 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 3,862
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Important info about Compressor 4 and QMaster for upgraders

While doing the tests did you watch actual CPU utilization through activity monitor? My guess is that only some codecs have been optimized/enabled at this point to make full use of all cores on a...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD May 11th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 10,626
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Music video shot using Technicolor CineStyle

Great work on the video, very well planned and executed. Good luck in the challenge.

Regarding the banding, I'm actually starting to think CineStyle may be too flat. I did a lot of shooting in...
Forum: All Things Audio May 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 6,823
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: DR-100 & Drift

It's not 'only' lining clips up, but that's the primary thing it is designed for - and I suppose the value depends on what kind of shooting you do. If you're doing something like long take concert...
Forum: EOS Full Frame Sample Clips Gallery May 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 7,033
Posted By Evan Donn
Four Pauls: Bring the Hat Back!

This is a short documentary my team produced over five days for the International Documentary Challenge - we brought home the Best Cinematography and Best Use of Historical Genre prizes in the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD May 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Replies: 52
Views: 22,552
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Technicolor Cinestyle Initial Tests

My impression was always that LUTs are designed to allow you to shoot a flat image then edit proxies with the LUT applied so that you aren't cutting with muddy grey footage - then the colorist can go...
Forum: All Things Audio May 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 6,823
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: DR-100 & Drift

Interesting to know, I've never seen that option in Pluraleyes, looks like it's only available in DualEyes.

I know when discussing drift the usual culprit is the timing of different hardware, but...
Forum: All Things Audio May 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 3,420
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: ADR? Here's a quick VocALign DEMO i just did.

Thanks for the Vocalign demo, nice to know a tool like that is available if I need to do ADR...

I highly recommend Screenflow (Screencasting Software - ScreenFlow Overview - Telestream...
Forum: All Things Audio April 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 6,823
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: DR-100 & Drift

Pluraleyes won't adjust for drift, it just syncs the tracks at the start. I've been using it for several years now, at various times with an H4n, DR-100, or both, syncing with 5D source material and...
Forum: Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta April 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 9,981
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Glass and mounts for fs100

Actually technically that's incorrect - if both cameras have the same lens, focal length and aperture then the DOF will be exactly the same. The field of view won't be the same though - the 60D will...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 4,393
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Technicolor and Canon- New Cinema Picture Style

While I'm sure there is a strong element of marketing to it, I do see a lot of potential here. I'm not a big fan of most of the superflat and related profiles out there right now, mostly because the...
Forum: All Things Audio April 7th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,818
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Tone for syncing that cannot be heard

Not sure what you're editing with, but Pluraleyes would be great for this... as long as the cameras are both recording similar audio it should be able to sync them automatically.
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 3,411
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: 5D MKII CF card problem

Hate to say it but this same thing happened to me - it was a bent pin in the camera, take a look inside and see if any of the pins are flattened. I had no luck in my attempts to straighten the bent...
Forum: Final Cut Suite March 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,249
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Will Color run properly on a 2011 quad core Macbook Pro? 15 i7?

Yes. I run it regularly on my 2 1/2 year old Macbook Pro with no problems, it'll run on nearly any mac made in the past few years.
Forum: Final Cut Suite March 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,747
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: IMAC, Final Cut Studio 3, RADEON 2600HD

Thanks, I forget exactly which lens I used for that interview, it was either a Nikon 85mm f/2 AIS or Pentax 50mm f/1.4 SMC.
Forum: Final Cut Suite March 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,747
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: IMAC, Final Cut Studio 3, RADEON 2600HD

I agree, I've done extensive editing & color correction of my 5D footage in FCS3 on a 2.5Ghz macbook with no problems, which I assume would be comparable in performance. I always convert to ProRes...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,618
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Image Stabilization...

I'd second the monopod suggestion, I've found mine to be one of the most useful and cost-effective accessories I've got. The thing is I rarely use it extended to the ground - I mostly use it braced...
Forum: Show Your Work March 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,676
Posted By Evan Donn
"Double Down" - 48 Hour Film

We made this a few weeks ago for the San Francisco segment of the the 48 Go Green competition. Picked up 'Best Ensemble Acting' award (despite one lead actor bailing on us the morning of the shoot)...
Showing results 101 to 125 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network