DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 201 to 225 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD May 12th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 7,690
Posted By Evan Donn
I think those clips could all be considered fair...

I think those clips could all be considered fair use as both commentary/criticism (they are specifically addressing their use of a specific technique and it's appropriateness in specific situations)...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD May 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 8,520
Posted By Evan Donn
There isn't a 12 minute limit on these cameras -...

There isn't a 12 minute limit on these cameras - the actual time limit is 29:59. The real limiting factor is the 4Gb file size limit of the Fat32 format used for the cards - at HD data rates this...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD May 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 11,187
Posted By Evan Donn
I just got a chance to play with a lensbaby 2.0...

I just got a chance to play with a lensbaby 2.0 (older model, I think it's what they call the 'muse' now) and it's a very cool lens, almost a must have for the price. You tilt and push/pull it to...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD May 5th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 7,444
Posted By Evan Donn
Remember they're shooting on a soundstage with...

Remember they're shooting on a soundstage with complete control over lighting - presumably they can light to whatever ratio they want so the contrast setting in the camera is less important.
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD May 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 7,746
Posted By Evan Donn
Leonard - you're right as far as in-camera...

Leonard - you're right as far as in-camera adjustments are concerned. It's possible to go flatter though using a custom picture profile designed in Canon's picture style editor. It's not a very good...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD April 30th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 7,746
Posted By Evan Donn
I'm actually not sure about this... digital...

I'm actually not sure about this... digital sensors aren't film, the lower the zone you get the fewer bits you get to fit things into. Max a face's exposure at zone 5 and you've essentially discarded...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 26th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,450
Posted By Evan Donn
I'm not talking about image size - I'm talking...

I'm not talking about image size - I'm talking about resolution. Yes, you can take 1920x1080 photosites and produce a 1920x1080 image with a bayer sensor - but the actual detail resolved is going to...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,450
Posted By Evan Donn
Maybe I wasn't clear - this is how the camera...

Maybe I wasn't clear - this is how the camera works already. This is how single chip cameras - video or still - produce full color images, so the filter is already in the camera and there would be...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,450
Posted By Evan Donn
The piece you're missing (and it's the problem...

The piece you're missing (and it's the problem with your suggestion in the first post that they make a 35mm 1920x1080 sensor) is that since these are single chip cameras - and will remain so due to...
Forum: Final Cut Suite April 23rd, 2010, 08:51 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 4,223
Posted By Evan Donn
Was the footage shot before or after the 24p...

Was the footage shot before or after the 24p firmware update? If before, you have to configure FCP properly before you create a project and import anything - details here: 25 Hour Day: DSLR...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD April 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 18,918
Posted By Evan Donn
I have the SMC-M 1.4, it's actually my favorite...

I have the SMC-M 1.4, it's actually my favorite lens for video right now. I'm using a 5D though and did have to cut off the tabs to make it fit - it wouldn't mount at all with them on. I got a cheap...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 22nd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,568
Posted By Evan Donn
Haven't seen this at all in 4 hours of footage...

Haven't seen this at all in 4 hours of footage I've shot at 24, including a good deal of movement. I'd guess something's getting messed up in the conversion process, serrated edge sounds like...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 21st, 2010, 04:44 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 2,664
Posted By Evan Donn
Source files are approximately 48mbps, so... ...

Source files are approximately 48mbps, so...

ProRes Proxy - 45 (1x)
ProRes LT - 102 (2.5x)
ProRes - 147 (3x)
ProRes HQ - 220 (4.5x)
ProRes 4:4:4 - 330 (7x)

I've...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 16th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 5,698
Posted By Evan Donn
What lens were you using? I just got jumping in...

What lens were you using? I just got jumping in some shots from the back of a car; the image stabilization was trying to correct the movement of the background and the jump was when it hit it's...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,628
Posted By Evan Donn
I think the finale is airing May 17th.

I think the finale is airing May 17th.
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 14th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 4,909
Posted By Evan Donn
Constant rendering & re-rendering in FCP is...

Constant rendering & re-rendering in FCP is usually a sign of improper setup. I do very little rendering before final output.



You'll still need to buy some editing software to work with your...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 4,909
Posted By Evan Donn
Haven't used Premier in a decade, so I can't give...

Haven't used Premier in a decade, so I can't give you much feedback on the actual functionality & workflow differences. However a friend from Adobe just mentioned that he was able to edit multiple...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
The magnifying does improve it, but I've found...

The magnifying does improve it, but I've found it's really sensitive to getting the diopter correction right. Just a little off and you get blurry edges, but get it right on and it's mostly clear...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
Here's a quick shot of my temporary tape mount...

Here's a quick shot of my temporary tape mount job - you can see it doesn't fit inside the LCD hood frame, it sits flush with the sides of the frame, so it'll have to be glued along the edge of the...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD April 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 4,168
Posted By Evan Donn
M mode always remembers whatever your most recent...

M mode always remembers whatever your most recent settings were, even after removing the battery. C modes always revert back to the stored settings when the camera is powered down/up or when it...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 12th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Replies: 70
Views: 22,292
Posted By Evan Donn
Hoodcrane looks like a decent solution -...

Hoodcrane looks like a decent solution - certainly more flexible than most of the mounting systems out there. For the price though ($99 on it's own) I'll skip it.

I just got my pop-up sunshade a...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD April 10th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 4,168
Posted By Evan Donn
Exactly, except that they do store these settings...

Exactly, except that they do store these settings and as far as I can tell there's no way to prevent it. I used them for a while and then went back to using manual, it was too easy to get...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,276
Posted By Evan Donn
Actually he's not talking about converting but...

Actually he's not talking about converting but rather conforming, which should be an easy process. I know you can do what you're describing with Cinema Tools on the mac, but unfortunately I don't...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 3rd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 23,378
Posted By Evan Donn
Definitely - it's just that the most...

Definitely - it's just that the most significant/common source of drift I've seen people reference with this camera comes down to problems with FCP and can be corrected with the proper settings.
...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD April 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 23,378
Posted By Evan Donn
Actually with FCP the true 30 caused a lot of...

Actually with FCP the true 30 caused a lot of problems initially with drift - 2-3 seconds over a 12 minute clip. If you got your project set up properly for 30p though it wasn't a problem. Haven't...
Showing results 201 to 225 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network