Tiffen T1 - I am impressed - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Can I ask you to recommend the actual green gel you use? Rather than a swatchbook with tiny 1.5 x 2.5 swatches I think I'd like to hold up the appropriate get in front of my matte box while balancing.
Anthony Nalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #62
Trustee

Its probably slightly different name for each brand but its just the fractional green gels used to balance lights to flourescents . Lee calls it "Plus Green" . My Lee swatchbook is called "Cinematographers Edition" but its ancient. They're usually paired with the same fractions in magenta and CTO(85) and CTB. Not the same as the theatrical gels with individual numbers. Ask a lighting place if they have a swatchbook with larger square samples or just buy a piece of 1/8 if you need to then you could double it if needed. 1/8 - 1/4 should do it.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #63
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Nalli View Post
Hmm. If it IS the solution, the only place I can even find part number 68-060356 (Schneider IRND .3 4 x 5.65) is at FilmTools and they aren't expecting any until mid-August. And this seems to be the only place to get them! The rare nature of this filter is making me lose confidence in it as my "perfect plan".
Anthony and all;

We here at Schneider are working very hard to produce the Platinum IRND filters. In our quest to make the perfect IRND filter (ie, truely neutral gray and cuts IR on most all cameras), we have had to delay production a couple times. We do not yet have an ETA on these filters but hope to have them available by the end of this year.

All patience will be well rewarded when these filters are available and we know that we will have the finest IRND as well as ND replacement available. We beleive that these new IRND filters will replace NDs as they have no properties other than a slight increase in price that would warrant using a regular ND.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Ryan Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #64
Major Player

Good news Ryan. I assume you will be making them in the various standard sizes for matteboxes.

And a big thank you Ryan, for dealing with my warranty issue a few months back. I was impressed by how quickly it was resolved. In this business there is a lot of value to a company, like Schneider/Century, that stands behinds it's products and resolves issues with their clients in real time.

-Andrew Stone
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds