Vegas Video discussions from 2003 - Page 98 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old November 7th, 2003, 06:17 PM   #1456
Major Player

Hello,

i have been using the single track method, (becuase I did not know you could do and A/B type in Vegas) and getting kind of used to it..I find it hard in a situation where you want to place a piece of footage in a gap, and you are not sure it will fit..But now that I can switch to and A/B mode(even temorarily) it helps in this situation.

Thanks again
Mike
Old November 7th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #1457
Regular Crew

Yes, I did do a clean install. I formatted the main 13GB drive, then installed the OS.

I will check device manager for DMA tonight after work.

Could there be a driver issue with my video HDD?
Old November 8th, 2003, 07:29 AM   #1458
Old Boot

Newly Created V4 Project Won't Open?

Project created 5 hours ago. Saved and closed. Shut down pc.

Go to reopen project:"An Error occurred while loading the project file myfile.veg. The file could not be created. Another file with that name exsists" - what on Earth does this mean then!?! I tried changing the name of the V4 Project file and even put it in another direcotry AND I put the media into a differnt directoy . . . .

I spent 3 hours making Bins and shuffling about clips . . nothing new here . . what's happening? More to the point how do I get my Project back . . this is very scary.

Please help!

Grazie
Old November 8th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #1459
Wrangler

Did you try opening it by double clicking directly on the VEG file?
Old November 8th, 2003, 12:19 PM   #1460
Old Boot

Yes . . .

1 - Double clicked - No

2 - Copied VEG - No

3 - Moved to other Diretory - No

4 - Renamed VEGGIE - No

Grazie
Old November 8th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #1461
Sponsor: JET DV

The A/B mode is there for when you need it or if you need the view to feel more comfortable. However, it takes a ton more space on the screen. I recommend leaving it OFF unless absolutely needed for special circumstances. You'll get used to the single track and then wonder why you ever needed the A/B view.
Old November 8th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #1462
Regular Crew

Hey, I loved the whole preview concept -- the credits, the video, everything. Well done, comes off very professional.

How did you create the music? Is that you, Acid, purchased, or, um, borrowed?
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:23 AM   #1463
Old Boot

Excellent!!

Mark - TOOOOooo Good!! Excellent, really. Pace, drama, humour and suspense. The music was spot on and the images where, well . . spectacular. Now I can see where the advice I gave came into to play . . . How about a Credit to the "Tewchnical Advisors" - only joking ;-)

Great Stuff! - Grazie
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:57 AM   #1464
Wrangler

Hmm sounds like you pretty much tried it all. Sounds like your VEG file got corrupted somehow. Unless the resident guru (Edward) has any advice you might be at a loss.
The only other thing I can think of is check to see if you have "automatically backup project files" selected. If so you'll find a myfile.bak, rename it to myfile.veg and you should be good to go.
Old November 9th, 2003, 10:11 AM   #1465
Wrangler

Mark you mind if I pick your brain with a few hundred questions. Mostly regarding DVX and wedding videography.
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM   #1466
Major Player

The same thing happened to me the other day. Somehow I was allowed to save two different projects under the same name. I don't remember what it was that I did, I may have even started over.

Try going back and finding all of the duplicate file names, rename the older ones (the ones you don't want) see if it will only then find the one you want, and not be confused.
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #1467
Old Boot

Glen - Nope.

Found the BAK, renamed it as "D3.veg" - no quotes - same Error message . . . blast!

Grazie
Old November 9th, 2003, 07:38 PM   #1468
Major Player

would it accidently be in two different files, in two different places? Mine save as veg files in one place, but, I "save as" in my prerendered file.

I also just re-read your last post. Look for dup veg files, not bak file.
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #1469
Regular Crew

Glitch or Intentional?

Why is it that once you use the media generator to create a title/text (and it defaults to 10 seconds in duration), and then on the track you change the duration of the event, and subsequently edit the title in the media generator window, the window displays the duration as the original default value, not the new duration (even though everything reders properly at the new duration, etc.)?

I have that "Edward will point out why it's right" feeling, but can't figure it out.
Old November 10th, 2003, 05:05 AM   #1470
Old Boot

Harry - Done this - Nope, no Dupes! I even created a duplicate WITH the same name to try and "fox-it". The New same-name openned fine. But not the original . . . .

. . . . anything else?

Grazie
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...