Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 135 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 9th, 2005, 01:51 PM   #2011
New Boot

I found that when setting up for my new dual monitors, it was a simple case of dragging the prem pro base window across to fill both monitors manually. Then you can move each little window to wherever you want. Simply save as a workspace and all is well.
Old December 11th, 2005, 04:33 AM   #2012
Tourist

cannot find valid editing mode ? how do i fix this?

it says cannot find valid editing mode when its starting up. can anyone help me cuz i have no idea how. thanks in advance

Peter
Old December 11th, 2005, 05:38 AM   #2013
Wrangler

You say that the eror appears on starting up, but at what point? Is it when you load a project, when loading drivers etc? Has it worked before?

What version of Premiere are you using?

Do you get an error message? does it allow you to use Premiere or does it quit to Windows?

Your best bet is to re-install, making sure you un-install first.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old December 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM   #2014
Tourist

it happens when that window of loading different file shows up and it just quits back to windows. i have tried reinstalling and it still doesnt work. this is a 1.5 version im talking about here and iv used it for a long time. however, i havent touched the program since the last project was finished (5months ago) and now this appears..im thinkning maybe my registry? but i have no clue wat i need to do to fix it. cant even get into the program nd it just pops that error message at me..sigh
Old December 11th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #2015
New Boot

I believe this is a codec problem.
If you have installed any codec packs (such as Nimo), try deleting them and then running prem pro.
I had this problem and eventually (after deleting ALL my codecs and only re-installing important ones) got it to work
Old December 11th, 2005, 11:47 AM   #2016
Tourist

ok ill try that thanks
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #2017
Tourist

thanks alot guys, it was the codec problem after all haha.
Old December 11th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #2018
Regular Crew

window workspace issue?

haven't used premiere in almost a year. When trying now I can't get the window/workspace (editing, audio, etc.) to work. Anyone else have this same problem?
Old December 11th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #2019
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Stevens
haven't used premiere in almost a year. When trying now I can't get the window/workspace (editing, audio, etc.) to work. Anyone else have this same problem?
Jay,

I'm not sure what version you have, but try going to top bar and clicking:

Window/workspace/ and then one of the choices like editing, audio etc

If you setup your own custom workspace, as most do, you can click on that.

I hope that helps you, but you were not very specific on the exact problem, so post more info if this does not work.

Good luck----Mike
Old December 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #2020
Regular Crew

That's exactly what i'm doing. It doesn't seem to work anymore. The different windows are just scattered about. All small or oversized. Not organized.
Old December 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #2021
Inner Circle

Quote:
That's exactly what i'm doing. It doesn't seem to work anymore. The different windows are just scattered about. All small or oversized. Not organized.
Jay,

Try this, I just relearned it from Christopher. Double click to open Premiere, and then hold down the shift key, so it loads with the shift key held. That resets all preferances and may clean it up.

It's worth a try.

Good Luck again-----Mike
Old December 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #2022
Regular Crew

Figured it out. I have since purchased new monitor and it is 19 inch instead of 17 inch. Had to change resolution to 1024x768. Now if i can figure out what happened to previous projects and music that was in them. Says music on cd or in win media player is format not supported. Imported same song in wave format before.

Any ideas
Old December 11th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #2023
Inner Circle

Quote:
Figured it out. I have since purchased new monitor and it is 19 inch instead of 17 inch. Had to change resolution to 1024x768. Now if i can figure out what happened to previous projects and music that was in them. Says music on cd or in win media player is format not supported. Imported same song in wave format before.

Any ideas
Don't know if I can be much help there. If I run into that problem, I open the file in Adobe Audition, and then save as another form. So if you have an audio editing program, that might work.

Mike
Old December 11th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #2024
Regular Crew

figured that out too. Had originally ripped the music file as wav, then to mpeg3 for project. At some point deleted or put file in another folder(who knows why). It couldn't read it from the destination as an MP3 so....

Just moved the file to it's original adobe hiding spot and viola.

Thank you very much though for your help and response.

Jason
Old December 11th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #2025
Regular Crew

Ever had an issue with the scroll on the effects window turning to a left to right scroll instead of up and down? I do remember many people having this problem and there was a bug fix. But, like I said, it has been so long since using this software that I have forgotten that too.

Thanks,

Jason
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite