DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Lisa Bennett May 2nd, 2006 03:55 PM

The trip to Miami to me is a long one. I understand there is a good amount of work there.

Saw your site, liked your art. Must have taken some time to put it together.

Best,
Lisa

K. Forman May 2nd, 2006 04:03 PM

Thank you. The art is mostly from college, and the site sort of fell together, as they often do.

As far as work in Miami, yeah, there is lots of freelance stuff down there. Problem is, most don't pay enough to make the drive worth while. I've had a few jobs that after gas, cigarettes, and coffee, have left little profit. Not to mention, it's a 6 hour round trip, and after a long day it is easy to doze off on the way home. Working Atlanta is even worse, because there are no direct routes to anywhere in Georgia.

Dag Mykland May 3rd, 2006 08:28 AM

Camcorder stores in Perth, Australia.???

I'm going to Perth for vacation in june, visiting family..

While I'm down there I'm hoping to get my hands on a new or slightly used camera.. I'm currently using the Canon XL1s, and are quite happy with it.. But I have received a good offer for it, and considering it's quite much cheaper down there, why not climb a few steps up on the ladder of technology..

I'm looking into buying a camcorder in between 3500-5000$ 5000 being the maximum.( I think....)

Which type of Camera I haven't really decided on yet, but I'm looking into both DV and HDV... e.g. Sony FX1 and the Z1E.. But the Z1E is problably a bit to expensive...

But by all means.. I'm open for suggestions... Read the DVX100 is better than the FX1 on certain areas, and have read tons of great reviews on the panasonics...

Please help me get in touch with either people that can help me or stores directly..

Thank you!!

Tim Borek May 3rd, 2006 10:51 AM

Atlanta videogapher needed 5/13/06

A publishing associate needs a videographer to videotape speakers at a software developer conference in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, May 13. It's an 8-hour job. Requirements include

* 3CCD MiniDV or better camera (Client wants footage delivered on MiniDV for ingest, regardless of source camera.)
* Wireless lavalier mic for the speaker (Only one person at a time will be presenting.)
* Shoot for Web distribution. That is, frame each presenter in a head & shoulders shot with sharp focus and minimal camera movement.

There's no editing required. Videographer will hand over the tapes at the end of the day, unless you shot in HD and need to downconvert. You can bill extra for blank media costs, but all master tapes become property of the client.

Client's budget is about $500, but you can probably negotiate a fee. I know there are a good number of you in the southeast, so I hope someone can help him out on short notice.

I don't have his permission for you to contact him directly yet, so you can e-mail me in the meantime at borekvideo@highstream.net.

Thanks!

T.J.

Matt Gottshalk May 3rd, 2006 10:55 AM

Ty's THE MAN...use him in confidence!

Matt G

Jim Herman May 5th, 2006 11:22 AM

Video Equipment Rentals places in PA?

Does anyone know of video equipment rental places in the Philadelphia to Allentown (Lehigh Valley) area. Preferably ones who rent wireless lav systems and 3 chip minidv cameras.

Thanks
-Jim

Nick Jushchyshyn May 5th, 2006 11:56 AM

I've rented a GL2 from Cardinal Camera in Lansdale from time-to-time.
http://www.cardinalcamera.com
Not sure if they carry wireless audio though (I'm guessing not).

Also, there's a guy in Hareleysville that rents gear:
http://www.jaydelp.com
I've rented from him in the past as well. Great guy.
Really cool editing suite. :)

New York Camera & Video in Southhampton rents everything (bummer they closed their Quakertown location)
http://www.nycv.com
(then click rentals)

Hope this helps.
Have fun.

Dutch Rall May 5th, 2006 06:06 PM

Indie feature in Austin late July

We're shooting an indie in late July/ early August in Austin and DFW.

If you have any interest in helping or working as a grip, boom-op, or other misc crew (director and dp are accounted for), please send your resume, rate, avail and contact info in a pm.

Thanks
dutch

Daniel Bates May 5th, 2006 09:49 PM

Seems like PMs are disabled (at least for me). I'd like to help, though I don't have any experience in field production (just church camera operation). Any more info available about time required, dates, etc?

--Daniel

Dale Paterson May 6th, 2006 02:10 AM

Footage from Johannesburg and / or Durban (South Coast), South Africa

Hello,

(I hope it is OK to post this message on the board and, if so, that it is in the right place. If not - moderators - please feel free to delete it - no problem).

This is a long shot but does anyone want / need footage of / from Johannesburg or Durban (South Coast), South Africa?

What started out as a hobby a couple of years ago has turned into a small fortunes worth of (mainly Sony) equipment that, at the moment, gets used for paid jobs about three times a month and this is killing me.

I have been in the computer business most of my life and have spent most of my life trying to get out of it! This (video, compositing, animation, etc.) is what I really have always wanted to do for a living and to this end I have formed a new company and am presently working on ways of marketing the services of the company (and this post does not represent one of them) but for now just being able to make better use of my investment is enough for me.

Basically - the deal would be as follows:

You tell me what you want - I'll go and shoot it and send it to you.

If you like it and it's useable - make me an offer.

If you don't want to pay me - that's also OK (you won't see many offers like this) - at least I'm gaining experience and getting to use my equipment purposefully.

ALTERNATIVELY:

If there are any budding writers, film students, cameramen, actors or actresses, sound and lighting students, in or around Johannesburg, South Africa - let's get together, see if we can produce something worthwhile to showcase, and then market it (please note that I said 'we' not 'me'). I have the resources and the equipment but don't think that I could write a script or act (although sometimes I wonder). If nothing else it is hands-on experience for everyone!

(Again - if this message offends anyone on the board i.e. if I am 'stepping on anyones toes' here in South Africa - please let me know - and I'll have it deleted by the moderators.)

Regards,

Dale.

George Ellis May 7th, 2006 06:21 PM

Tim, Did you get this covered? I would consider it, but have been waiting to get a wireless lav (A-T W R100 T101 series.) Guess it is time to go to BH and order ;)

Tim Borek May 8th, 2006 12:06 PM

Well, now the guy's getting cold feet about the whole thing. I'll try to reply back today.

George Ellis May 8th, 2006 12:15 PM

You have PM

Stephan Ahonen May 8th, 2006 04:04 PM

Minneapolis shooter/DP/audio op available

Hey all, I work in broadcast sports here in town and am looking to get into a little bit of indie filmmaking just for fun on the side. Very knowledgeable about lighting, photography and audio. I won't charge you a rate, that's what my day job is for, I'm just looking to have a little fun, express my creativity and meet some people.

EDIT: I do some editing, but I'm more used to calling and cutting shots live.

K. Forman May 8th, 2006 06:20 PM

Real pay? I'm up for it!