DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Steven Gotz April 10th, 2006 01:36 PM

I wish I had known a couple of days ago. We had some really great lightning Saturday night. I just didn't bother to capture it.

Heath McKnight April 10th, 2006 02:06 PM

We had small lightning hits outside of West Palm Beach last night, but nothing great. And my soon-to-be-ex-HD10 isn't that great.

heath

Saturnin Kondratiew April 10th, 2006 04:40 PM

anyone??? dont make me go to dvxuser.com lol

Tim Borek April 11th, 2006 07:03 AM

Nevermind. I bought one.

Moderator,

Please delete this topic. It's no longer applicable.

T.J.

Michael Gottino April 12th, 2006 05:55 PM

Need Camerman w/ RedRock Micro M2 35mm adapter in Orlando..NOW!

We begin shooting a 35 minute short film Tuesday the 18th and running through the 23rd and need a RedRock Micro M2 35mm adapter.

The cameraman that was providing the adapter unfortunatly became unavalaible as of today.

We need a cameraman as well with DVXb on the 18th and 23rd. We would be willing to rent the adapter for the entire shoot. There is pay and credit.

Email NOW! Thanks!

Arnold English April 13th, 2006 06:55 AM

Position is filled

Gary McClurg April 13th, 2006 01:18 PM

I posted again on this thread... but thought I'd post here as well...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...springfield+mo

That's the link to the other thread...

Quickly thinking of doing a feature around Springfield this summer... so looking for crew... or help so thought I'd post information again...

You can go to the Missouri Ozark Guy thread and see more information...

Who knows this maybe cross posting on two different threads... so if I'm doing it... I'm sorry...

Just wanted to get the information out there around the Missouri area...

Gary

Kevin Crockett April 14th, 2006 07:25 AM

Videographer needed in Ft. Lauderdale on April 19th

I need a videographer with a 3CCD camera or equivalent (A1U) for a shoot in Ft. Lauderdale.

The event is a day in the life of the Broward Sheriffs Office Aviation unit and will consist os a few interviews, some helicopter flights, and recording the activities of the unit.

If you're interested please contact me.

Scott Hayes April 14th, 2006 09:10 AM

Lightstands needed, Las Vegas May 15-17

I have a possible job coming up out there, and rather than travel with
all that stuff, I was wondering if anyone has a couple of light stands
I could rent for a couple days. At this point, it would be easier to rent
vs shipping to and fro. Thanks!

Derrick A.Jones April 16th, 2006 04:40 PM

the dialog is pretty good. I'm liking the interaction between the two. i think the script was written very carfully. so good job on that. now as for the quality im not going to say anything about the compression cause we all know you loose quality when you compress files anyways. but im looking at something bigger. Your lighting is off in a lot of shot. i can see you fiddling with the irus in the middle of a shot when the picture goes from dim to bright. and your lights whatever you used i can see a huge glare in the shot where the camera is point. those are small details that means a lot when someone who knows video is watching everything else seems to be pretty good. Just work on your 2 and 3 point lighting and you should be okay. - pz

Good Film man

Heath McKnight April 16th, 2006 07:31 PM

Thanks for the critique! The compression is horrible, because Final Cut's QuickTime Conversion is garbage.

It's a dogme 95 movie with a story that is all adlibbed, but the ideas were there. We didn't decide on a happy or sad ending until we shot it.

Half those lightning shots were corrupted and deleted and I have no idea where the tape is. My former methods of labeling left something to be desired.

Thanks,

heath

Bruce S. Yarock April 16th, 2006 08:25 PM

Kevin.
I emailed you the info you requested.I hope to see you on Wednesday.
Bruce Yarock

Greg Boston April 16th, 2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
Thanks for the critique! The compression is horrible, because Final Cut's QuickTime Conversion is garbage.

It's a dogme 95 movie with a story that is all adlibbed, but the ideas were there. We didn't decide on a happy or sad ending until we shot it.

Half those lightning shots were corrupted and deleted and I have no idea where the tape is. My former methods of labeling left something to be desired.

Thanks,

heath

How much do you need? I may have a little bit somewhere around here. I remember shooting it in my back yard.

-gb-

Heath McKnight April 16th, 2006 09:19 PM

I've got some footage from Daniel Ceccorull. Thanks, everyone!

heath

Mike Teutsch April 16th, 2006 10:09 PM

Kevin,

Let me know what you need. I have several cams, and a free day. I will be flying out of town on the 20th, but I'll be here on the 19th. I have an XL2 and a XL1s, and I am an ex-cop myself, and also an Army trained Helecopter Crew Chief, Vietnam era.

Best of luck----Mike