DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Adam Houde April 29th, 2006 07:30 PM

Tacoma, WA help available

I will be moving to the Tacoma area in July/ Aug. I am looking to help out on any size project. I have an XL1s. I want to get better at using it and do something useful.

Nathan Chaszeyka April 30th, 2006 03:10 PM

I've got some stands...

What kind of stands are you specifically looking for and how many? If I don't have what you need there is also an excellent lighting house in town. JR Lighting.

Nathan Chaszeyka April 30th, 2006 03:13 PM

Heath, I'd be interested. PM me so that we can talk more.

Oops sorry, I didn't realize that this was two weeks ago. If you still need someone let me know.

Aviv Hallale May 1st, 2006 06:30 AM

Big Thanks!

To Boyd Ostroff, Steve House, Matt Daviss and all the other users who have tirelessly put up with my endless barage of questions! Big thanks, Big hug!

Martin Omalley May 1st, 2006 06:46 AM

i might be taking your place as questionnaire my 1st question how do i post a thread... i know how to post replys saying as it has a button to do so... thx :)

Brian Chacon May 1st, 2006 09:35 AM

Florida/Ft. Lauderdale Camera Man Available

Camera Man/Sound Tech Operator Available

I have my own gear and will travel. Also I have a current passport for International Travel. Network / Commercial Experience

Feel Free to contact me anytime at Chacon@tmail.com.

Brian Chacon

Mike Cavanaugh May 1st, 2006 11:28 AM

Bump to keep the thread active!

Doug Spice May 2nd, 2006 11:47 AM

Cinelease has a facility in Vegas as well; I work with them all the time out of LA.

But if it's really just a handful of lightstands you need, I'd recommend just finding a still photo place. There must be one that will rent you the stuff.

Scott Hayes May 2nd, 2006 11:49 AM

thanks for getting back to my guys. the particular person I was working with
on this was just taking way too long with any sort of timeline and
retainer, i have withdrawn from doing the video due to serious potential
scheduling conflicts.

Lisa Bennett May 2nd, 2006 02:47 PM

Advice Needed on Getting Commercial Work

Hi,

I would like some advice and tips on how to get work producing commercial spots. Since there is such a wealth of knowledge in the forums, I thought I might be able to get some help.

I am currently producing a commercial spot and have a JVC GY-HD100U(A). If anyone can give me some advice on how to find the work, let me know. Wondering the right people to approach at the cable companies that can outsource the work to independent's etc. Any info and tips?

I want to put together a list of Directors, DP's, sound/lighting tech's, and editors that might be in my area that I can hook up with in case I get some commercial jobs. Shooting commercials is an avenue I would like to pursue and knowing crew people ahead of time would certainly save time in the long run, should I get some clients.

Best,
Lisa

K. Forman May 2nd, 2006 03:02 PM

There are a few places listing on Mandy.com. Craigslist, etc. Quite a few in the Orlando/Ivanhoe area. I do a daily search through about 6 different boards.

Lisa Bennett May 2nd, 2006 03:19 PM

Thanks a bunch

Hi Keith,

I'm near Daytona. Good to know you.

Thanks for the tip.

Best,
Lisa

K. Forman May 2nd, 2006 03:22 PM

Since when is Daytona Central Florida? Sheesh, that's like, almost Georgia! LOL!

Lisa Bennett May 2nd, 2006 03:38 PM

Closer than GA

Hi,

It's closer than Georgia LOL. :)

Lisa

K. Forman May 2nd, 2006 03:52 PM

It's about halfway. I've done a couple jobs up near Jacksonville and in Georgia. Actually, I'm almost closer to Georgia than Miami, which I have done more times than I like.