DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Aaron Koolen March 29th, 2006 12:46 AM

All i can say is wow - I feel so inadequate....Nice work Albert!

Albert Rudnicki March 29th, 2006 10:26 AM

Thank you all!
I am rendering and uploading the changes as I write it.
I've cut the girl/rain by half, and added some more shots in the middle to get it more interesting.

I wonder about Nick's comment, if I should move the photography (end of reel) to the beginning of the reel, would it make it more effective?

Thanks
Albert Rudnicki

Nick Jushchyshyn March 29th, 2006 10:32 AM

Note, I'm not recommending to move "Photography" to the beginning.
Just re-do that shot to result in a "directing and concept" title for the start of the reel. :)

Personally, I like the directing and concept work up front. Just recommending the use the stronger intro sequence to open it up.

Chris Luker March 29th, 2006 11:18 AM

Thanks!!

Thanks! I'll forward that on to her.

Steve House March 30th, 2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnold English
Didn't mean to offend anyone, but the price was based on Governmental statistics concerning the average rate for camera operators ($21/hr) Truth of the matter is the short feature could be shot less than (4) hours but you have to consider the SAG actors and actresses have full time jobs. The process can be handled better in four shoots (3) afternoons (1) morning. Large portion of the (5) hours mentioned was mainly driving in the metroplex.
(1) shoot consists of filming the outside of a building, an actor in a lobby, and
footage of cubicles, no more than (4) minutes of filming for $100 dollars. If it's not for you... no worries

The government-published average rates that you quote are based on the cash compensation for regular employees. Costs of benefits and of the employer's contributions to taxes are added on top of that, costs which are born by the worker when they're self-employed. For a freelancer or self-employed contractor to net-out the same hourly income as the regular employee, they must bill at between double and triple the hourly base wage an employee would receive.

Eniola Akintoye March 30th, 2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon Rawls
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE DVINFO.NET COMMUNITY!
I will give these people first-look when making my decisions.
If you want a job, click here: http://www.cinemahill.com/employment...o-atl-crew.htm

If you have some time....let's get busy!!!

Cinematographers
(click for definition) Cinematographer: Description Below - $650 per day (cash)

Art/Set Directors
(click for definition) Art Director: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)

Costume Designers
(click for definition) Costume Designer/Stylist: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Assistant Costume Designer/Stylist: Description Below - $125 per day (cash)

Asst. Directors/2nd Unit
(click for definition) 1st Assistant Director: Description Below - $350 per day (cash)
(click for definition) 2nd Assistant Director: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) 2nd Unit Director: Description Below - $275 per day (cash)

Production Department
(click for definition) Production Manager: Description Below - $250 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Script Supervisor: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Production Assistant: Description Below - $75 per day (cash)

Makeup Department
(click for definition) Hair Stylist: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Makeup Artist: Description Below - $150 per day (cash) + $50 kit fee

Art Department
(click for definition) Set Dresser: Description Below - $125 per day (cash)

Sound Department
(click for definition) Sound Mixer/Playback: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Boom Operator: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)

Other Important Crew
Video Assist: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Camera Operator: Description Below - $250 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Assistant Camera: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Key Grip: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Grip: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Gaffer: Description Below - $225 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Best Boy: Description Below - $175 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Electrician: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Camera Loader: Description Below - $75 per day (cash)

- ShannonRawls.com

Hello Shannon,
I reside in Atlanta. I have sent you a message so please do let me know if you have any gig out there for boyz!

Mark Farmwald March 31st, 2006 12:37 PM

HD expert needed for consulting and several NY Shoots

I'm a writer/director. I've been using the same dp for my shoots for a while. Unfortunately, he does not have the necessary skills to shoot the HD projects I have coming up. I am looking for a professional HD cinematographer with experience in TV commercials and hi-end corporate videos.
Must be in New York. I would like to see a reel first, and then have a short consulting meeting, which you will be paid for.
Please do not ask which HD format I am looking for and all the details of my projects. I'm not looking for a quote. I'm looking for someone well versed in the different HD formats, with experience shooting, and a wide range of skills for consulting and then potentially shooting the projects. I am looking to hire a consultant first to look at footage and the projects to help determine the best format, camera, etc.
email only to MJFarm@aol.com
Thank you,

Ty Ford April 1st, 2006 08:08 AM

Need sound in DC or Baltimore?

Hi,

In addition to my package below I also have a Canon XL2 with Sacchtler DV-6 tripod for that loacked down second shot.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Etyreeford/Location.html

Regards,

Ty Ford

Gary Franks April 2nd, 2006 06:42 PM

CREW needed for Horror Shoot on 4/14 & 4/15 2006 (B-more/DC area)

Indie zombie horror film still under principal photography is in need to crew to facilitate large sequence to be shot 04/14/2006 and 04/15/2006. Shooting inside community hall which will be transformed into rescue shelter for the film.

Will want to wear clothes that you don't care about as this will be one of the buffet sequences in the film.

In need of sound, PA's and Camera crew.

Shoot is using DVX100 and VX2000.

Also looking for additional make-up artists, and extras in general.

Email: Deadlandsthemovie@yahoo.com if interested.

Saturnin Kondratiew April 2nd, 2006 09:37 PM

Need help with Adobe ENCORE! Vancouver, BC Area

i have been using dvd lab pro to authorize DVD's, but i would like to switch to Adobe Encore, i would like to sit in and watch someone do their thing in ENcore so i can learn, i'm pretty good with majority of adobe products. I'll buy beer lol!!

i'm located in vancouver, Bc

thanx

Sat

Brent Marks April 4th, 2006 12:54 AM

Looking for HDV/hi-def producers

Looking for other HDV Hi-Def independant producers...

If you shoot HDV... contact me via e-mail.

Thanks.

Leo Pepingco April 4th, 2006 02:16 AM

I live in Oz, and Just started shooting docos.... does that count?
*Its a half joke and half serious answer*

Tim Borek April 4th, 2006 10:56 AM

DVX100 widescreen adapter wanted Indianapolis

I'm looking to rent a PANASONIC AG-LA7200G anamorphic adapter (just the lens, not the camera). Please contact me with rates and availability.

Thanks,

T.J.

Dave Frank April 9th, 2006 03:56 AM

Makeup Needed: 4/10/06 (Los Angeles)

Makeup artist needed for simple non-union infomercial shoot on Monday(4/10/06). Very simple work, just touching up faces, nothing fancy.

$50 for day including kit rental, and copy of final product

I know this isn't a makeup forum, but if you might know someone in the LA area who might be available, pass along the info.

Please send resumés to df@sevenpictures.com

Thanks!

-David Frank
"Seven Pictures"

Heath McKnight April 9th, 2006 08:53 PM

Need DV footage: night lightning

Does anyone have lightning video at night? I can't find a tape that has lightning footage I shot for a film four years ago. So much for organization! Let me know if you have it.

I'll give credit! The movie:

http://homepage.mac.com/hmcknight/iMovieTheater11.html

I know the compression stinks, that's why I am re-linking clips by re-capturing. The original footage was lost when a LaCie drive failed. One of several, actually.

Thanks,

hwm
heath@mpsdigital.com