Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #451
Regular Crew

Wedding/event videographer in Cancun

Funny that, as a wedding videographer, I come here looking for one, but none the less, I am.

We are looking for a full-service videography company to cover a vow renewal in Cancun taking place on February 21, 2009. 5 years ago, we didn't do a wedding video (I know, I know!) and I want to make sure we do this right. Please email me if interested. I would prefer some one local to Cancun, but for the right talent, we may be able to negotiate travel expenses for a couple days!

This is going to be a very private event, just "bride and groom", but I am looking for a more "involved" video... possibly getting into a "trash-the-dress" style shoot. Make sense? Interested? Shoot me an email!
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #452
New Boot

Hey erick

I run a small production company here in ny. I specialize in mostly music videos. I will let you know of any upcoming shoots and maybe we could work together. Please email your information. I am located in queens.

michaelstern.mabusinc@gmail.com

you can view my work at ----mabus inc.----
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #453
Major Player

Wireless Lav system needed

I'm checking around to locate a wireless lav to use with HD100U. Price to rent, purchase? from where? any help drop me a note. My mic keeps giving me hiss.

Thanks
Lisa
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #454
New Boot

Sweet!

Message sent...
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:40 AM   #455
Major Player

houston and brazil

you looking to hire local, or travel?

scott
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM   #456
Inner Circle

Lighting hire, Rockville, MD area

Hi,

Anyone got any knowledge of a reasonable lighting hire firm in or near Rockville, MD. I am shooting a corporate promo for a UK customer with offices in Rockville and will need a very basic three point kit (or a couple of fluorescent banks) for a single day. I'm also possibly interested in hiring a tripod, minimum guideline Manfrotto 525/501, to save having to bring mine over.

Alternatively (and ideally), any brave shooters in the area willing to lend their own gear for a day to a fat, middle aged Brit for a sensible price (plus an evening's worth of beer?!). Looking at mid November-ish.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ian . . .
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:13 PM   #457
Trustee

Depends on your needs and budget. Many people suggest the Sennheiser G2 as entry-level. Avoid Sony's. If you want the Cadillac of wireless lavs, go Lectrosonics. B&H Photo to buy, definitely. Check the sponsors links, I'm sure some of them rent too...
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM   #458
Major Player

I work part-time for a rental place online that'll ship Sennheiser G2's nationwide in the US: Video Microphones You might have a bad cable if you have a decent microphone.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM   #459
Regular Crew

looking to give a helping hand

I am looking to help out anyone in the NY/NJ/PA area who would need assistance on their film project. I am willing to do this to get some hands on experience in this craft. I do own some of my own eqpt [sony ex1 and glidecam 4000 for now] but if anyone is interested let me know. i am available on weekends. also certified on FCP editing , using photoshop , lightroom and digital photography. camera equipt own is nikon D3 , D300 and D200

ron

Last edited by Ron Williams; October 23rd, 2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old October 24th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #460
Trustee

Why avoid Sony? I've been reading that Sony's new UTX-B2 is rock solidly built of metal, and outperforms the Sennheiser G2. Cost for a set is under $500. The older Sony UTX-B1 though, was a plastic toy.
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:19 AM   #461
Major Player

I use Sony on all my jobs and it's has never let me down. The Sennheiser and Sony is on equal playgrounds the one is as good as the other there really should be no Sony vs Sennheiser debate. Most people that say Sennheiser is the best has never tried anything else and only say that cause the sales rep they buy from has never used another brand.
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #462
New Boot

Professional film composer: available and affordable (internationally)

Hello!

My name is Erez Henya and I am an ambitious film composer collaborating with great filmmakers internationally. I love doing what I do and I give all my heart to it with a bold passion.

I also give a great importance to the pleasure of collaborating. There's nothing like working with new friends, not just filmmakers, that you feel open with. Great ideas come from both sides pretty easily this way, and the communication (a key component in any film production) is clear, many times also predictable.

I am ready for new challenges, and I would love to see you on my humble website and hear what you, personally, have to say about my music, and how you think I can execute your artistic vision to this great upcoming feature film of yours!

So there you go, my friend, please feel welcome to contact me at erez@erezhenya.com or through a PM here when you feel ready!
Old October 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #463
Wrangler

Need digital effects for upcoming high-profile project

I'm shooting a two-episode science fiction pilot called "The Nebula" next week and we are looking for someone to generate some material that can run on monitors in the spaceship set--diagrams, text screens, general futuristic looking displays. We will also be projecting this material onto the actor's faces who are working at those displays as a lighting gag. We will also have need in post-production for view out the windows of the craft to be generated (starfields etc) as we have a large green screen window on set.

We shoot next weekend, so time is short but I have the sense that there are quite a few people out there who might like doing this sort of thing or have already done it for one of their projects.! The set is pretty wild--it was built for "Firefly". Cast members include Seth Green, Tracey Thoms (Cold Case, Grindhouse) and Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks). Ahmed is directing, he has self-funded the project and thus there is very little money involved but it should be a blast, it's a funny script, sort of a parody on Star Trek.

If you are interested and have any grabs of your work to show, please send to me at nebula@charlespapert.com.
Old October 26th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #464
New Boot

Cast our 1968 Dodge Charger in your film today!!

Are you looking for a classic muscle car for your movie or t.v. show? Look no further! Our 1968 Dodge Charger will be perfect for your needs! It's Hemi-Orange body will quickly catch the viewers attention and its straight pipes powered by the 383cui bored & cammed V-8 will have them in awe! So check it out:

Loadout Stats:
http://www.joeygowdy.com/garage/1968...ger-stats.html

Pictures (Before & After):
http://www.joeygowdy.com/garage/1968...-pictures.html

OR give that Dukes of Hazzard fan the ultimate present! Perfect for advertising events, anniversaries, birthday parties, fundraisers, social gatherings, weddings and more!
http://www.joeygowdy.com/garage/1968...enerallee.html

Last edited by Joey Gowdy; October 26th, 2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #465
Wrangler

Position has been filled, thanks!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands