Show Your Work 2003 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #301
Regular Crew

We're planning to put episodes 4 and 5 together on DVD, including footage we couldn't fit into the timeframe of the online version. I also plan to re-edit several scenes, and we will re-do the soundtrack as well, including original opening and closing music. With the DVD we can have subtitle selections (for both English-speaking and Chinese-speaking audiences) , goofs, bio's, production notes, and perhaps even other shorts...who knows? That is the next stage of our project, anyway.
Old June 29th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #302
Major Player

Lin tao-ming,

I would speak to john, and see if you can release it on the dvd with all the rest of them. That would be very cool, i would def by one to support the cause.

Zac
Old June 29th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #303
Regular Crew

Well, I would certainly like to be part of a general Lady X DVD project, if there is one. I guess it depends on how the rest of it goes. I for one am optimistic that we're going to see even more amazing stuff before it's over.
Old June 29th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #304
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Just noticed none of us have responded to this...sorry about that.

Rest assured, all the EPs will be looking at whatever ways to enhance this project...including your suggestions. So keep 'em coming.

As for this one suggestion, there is a problem if you're talking about making it generally available to the public in the fact that it'll involve commerce, which means we'll either have to set up a business side, complete with contracts, attorneys, etc. Bottom line is...someone has to pay the taxes...do the accounting...do the reporting, etc. And unless we're looking at making a good amount of money...it really isn't worth it. At least not this time around.

If you're talking about making a DVD just for the participants...that's possible, I guess, as long as we don't include the opening theme, and as long as all music rights and releases for each production will allow that. That's no small task though. Keep in mind that we'd never get 27 episodes on one DVD.

That's not to say we shouldn't consider it... we just need to consider all angles.
Old June 29th, 2003, 11:01 PM   #305
Major Player

John,

We could start a massive bootleg scheme, selling ladyx dvd's with a gram of cocaine in each.

This works because if they find the cocaine they won't even recall the illegally sold DVD.

heh

Zac
Old June 29th, 2003, 11:06 PM   #306
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I guess you're referring to the recent finding about German currency? Pretty amazing, eh?

But you've definitely come up with a new angle...bootleg your own productions, then no taxes, no responsibility. I'd never even thought of that. I wonder if that really happens? Either way...great idea for a movie.
Old June 30th, 2003, 12:31 AM   #307
Regular Crew

Anyone here from Brisbane/Gold Coast area in Queensland, Australia?

If so, you are welcome to join FILM CLUB (named as such to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to Fight Club), a group for Brisbane & Gold Coast filmmakers to network and work on projects together.

The forum is at http://film-club.cjb.net and we will soon have a website to showcase the work of our members.

When joining, please post a message introducing yourself. Thank you.
Old June 30th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #308
Regular Crew

You forgot the first and second rules of Film Club.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT FILM CLUB" :)
Old June 30th, 2003, 03:58 AM   #309
Regular Crew

Flooding and Tropical Storm footage

I am going to be out shooting all the flooding in my area, it gets really bad here. I expect we may have water in the house AGAIN!

The footage will be appearing as links to the media files on my weather page..
http://www.realnola.com/radar.html
Check the bottom links..

--
Old June 30th, 2003, 04:23 AM   #310
Regular Crew

Hey, I'm the "Tyler Durden" so I can do it. ;)
Old June 30th, 2003, 11:10 AM   #311
Wrangler

Be careful man. Bill isn't going to be a Camille or Betsy (hold on you may get shoot one of those this year!) but there is still plenty of risk out there.

Watch out for blown sewer caps; if you step into one of those the last thing you'll be trying to do is keep your camera dry! Power lines may be hanging, don't hang with them. Wear waders; there are lots of diseases floating in the water (be up on your shots too). Take a shower after with lots of soap and water.

I can also tell you that during Camille several photographers at one of TV stations went out on shoots. One rode a motorcycle down one of the highways to get a story. He said he would not do that again. Another nearly got washed out of building but got some great shots of the water chasing him upstairs (one step at a time).

Later,

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Old June 30th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #312
Regular Crew

Ahh I have been through many..

Are you kidding lo.. I have launched my BOAT from my BACK YARD several times lol.. I have some great pictures of me in a canoe in my front yard with 3 foot of water:)

I know what you are saying though. Stay tuned, it will get interesting I think.. this is a really tiny storm, just a lot of rain - enough to flood us out..

PS: I am doing a production about motorcycle stunting right now, see this site..
www.onarollproductions.com

you might find it interesting.

(Edited for my BAD TYPOS lol)

--
Old June 30th, 2003, 05:02 PM   #313
Regular Crew

Footage Posted

I put up a little clip to give you some idea of what this is like.. IMO it's another day of heavy rain and thunderstorms packing medium winds..Imagine what a real big storm is going to be like after looking at this. (left click on link then click save target as.).
http://www.realnola.com/radar.html
or directly (might not work this way with some browsers)
http://www.realnola.com/tsbill1.wmv

Interesting little TS.. I hope we don't get a big one this year but if we do I am going to be extensively covering it. The last BIG storm that directly hit New Orleans was when I was a baby. We are long overdue for the "fishbowl" effect.

--
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #314
Regular Crew

GL-? at work on TLC at this link

Once at this site, click on TLC in the left hand tool bar and the picture should appear with the girl shooting with the GL-?

www.discovery.com
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #315
Regular Crew

A short on triggerstreet.com

Hi folks,
I am currently a Dv wannabe- I've been waiting until next years tax refund to buy a GL2 (because my wife told me to wait, I do what my boss tells me). I've been enjoying some short films on triggerstreet.com and it got the best of me, I just had to send something in, so I grabbed my sony hi-8 and my two children and made something to send in. actually, most of it was made last year for my own entertainment, but I filmed the first few seconds of this video last week. (if you watch the video, the part after it says "one year later" was actually filmed one year earlier)
Anyway, it's not the best quality- the sound isn't so hot-it's kind of a rush job, but I encourage everyone to check it out.

It's called "Young love" and is in the comedy/romance sections.
feel free to post your opinions.

Thanks,
Adam
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work