Show Your Work 2003 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2003, 09:35 AM   #211
Regular Crew

Thank you, Chris. I couldn't have done it without the Watchdog.

http://advaloreminternational.com
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:32 AM   #212
Regular Crew

Victor,

I just watched the "Chinese Shoes" trailer and liked it very much. Great job! Did you shoot it on film?

Old May 10th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #213
Major Player

He used the 35mm adapter lens with the XL-1s camera
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:19 PM   #214
New Boot

Title

What did you use to make the title fly accross with footage in the letters? I have AE, but couldnt figure out a way to do that in it. Im sure it had to do with matting the letters...
Old May 11th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #215
Obstreperous Rex

James Miller, CNN producer using DV, killed in Middle East

James Miller, who produced CNN's "Behind the Veil," a documentary about the lives of women in Afghanistan under Taliban rule which was shot almost entirely on the Canon XL1, was killed in the Middle East last week. He was 34 years old.

Miller was in Gaza, filming a documentary for HBO on the impact of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on Palestinian children. Read the CNN report here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old May 11th, 2003, 10:15 PM   #216
Outer Circle

I rather like his reports. Looks like Isreal killed him. Their common practice is to target journalists and camera operators. There's been many shot by Isreal over the years.
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:04 AM   #217
Major Player

That's horible
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:30 AM   #218
Air China Pilot

This week they're requiring all foreigners to sign a release in which they recognize that they are going into a dangerous place. It also requires them to swear that they are not peace activists.
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #219
Regular Crew

Hey Mike.

The title i made fly across the screen started in photoshop

I made a file that was 480 pixels tall and about 5000 pixels wide (i think, the horizontal size was trial and error)

The background was black and the letters were black and I made a border around the letters. Then I made the area inside the borders transparent using an Alpha channel.

Then I brought that file in AE and made it the top layer on a stack of video files. Then I had to draw a mask around each video file in a shape similar to the letter it's supposed to appear in. Then it was just a matter of controlling the horizontal movement of the title and the video files.

Drop me an email if you have any more questions.

Jim I
Old May 16th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #220
Regular Crew

New Reality show using Digibeta, PD150 & PDX10 and futre of Beta/DV intercutting

I was helping a friend and fellow shooter on a new reality show shooting in Atlanta for the last couple of days for a Discovery Channel program. They are shooting principal and reverses with Digibeta only and any time lapse or generic establishing shots and background interviews with the PD150. Also, they provided the participating home owners with a PD-X10 to shoot the kids and other incidents during the day and over night. The name of this program is "Rally 'Round the House" and the concept is that the family is made to stay in their house for 48 hours while neighbors and friends give a preselected area of the house or property a makeover and it is revealed to them on the second day. All windows are covered and minimal outside contact is allowed to prevent giving away any details. The Digibeta shot 16:9, the PD150 shot 4:3 with an optical anamorphic attachment and the PD-X10 shot with internal 16:9. 16:9 monitors were used with the PD150 to ensure proper framing due the squeezed DV picture. I overheard discussions between producers and apparently Discovery does not like cutting Beta and DV in the same shot only stand alone. So this may indicate where DV is going to stand when 16:9 and HD are the only end product accepted.
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:56 PM   #221
New Boot

All Things Fight Club

Our new short film is up at www.american-ocean.com The larger of the two choices you have is about 88 megs, but it can be streamed with a fast enough connection after a little bit of buffering. It's running time is 18m35s and if the MPAA were to rate it, they would give it a rated R for language and mild violence I guess...

Check this one out if you like soap.
Old May 17th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #222
High School Student

I can't seem to get a direct link to the 88MB trailer, I don't want to click on it to buffer in windows media player, because I won't be able to save it, and who knows...

So you have a direct link to the file, where I can right click and do a Save target as?
Old May 17th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #223
New Boot

Ask and you shall receive... if you would navigate to the films section and scroll to the bottom, I have added a direct link there.
Old May 19th, 2003, 11:15 PM   #224
Major Player

nice trailer

I watched them both and it kind of freaked me out because my old personal assistant looks just like Julia Simms. Her name was "Julie" to make it even worse.

I thought you guys did a great job, and I wanted to mention the sound. It was top notch for web delivery.

I don't know if it is the links or something in this computer taking over, but when I clicked windows media "medium", it played in quick time. No issues here, but thought you might want to have someone check the links just in case.
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:48 AM   #225
Permanently Banned

IMHO at next NAB all new camera introductions will be HD.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work