Show Your Work 2003 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #106
Regular Crew

And other video (Motor TV program)

Well, this is a motor magazine that we are developing. These is the pilot program as we call it here. Just 8 minutes of what it will be on TV.

The file is a big one. About 70 Mb. It is encoded in divx. But quality is excelent also. You will like it. It is a test of BMW´s Z8. Lot of action and moving images, not the usual in TV. It speaks for itself.

Almost all the work was done by me (even i change the credits so the same name wouldn´t appear all the time). I was the director, videographer (;-))), editor, sound editor, 3d special effects (except for the engine was done by a hollywood major, not me), producer, cameraman, and production developer.

It is completely shot with canon Xl1, edited mostly in Ulead Video Editor, and sound edited in vegas audio. It was finished about 1 year ago.

I am sure you will have a lot of questions after watching it. Ask me if you want.

For those who do not understand spanish don worry and watch it until the end.

The link:

www.macgregorcorp.com/km77tv.avi
Old March 14th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #107
Regular Crew

I am going to move up a smaller version, it will be about 30 Mb.
Old March 14th, 2003, 09:03 AM   #108

The link doesn't work, Miguel.
Old March 14th, 2003, 09:06 AM   #109
Regular Crew

That is because i am uploading the new version. It will be available in 50 minutes. Sorry.
Old March 17th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #110
Regular Crew

check out this video

Hey guys,

I have some friends who have a bike component company
and they asked me to get some video tape of a Professional
mountain biker using their equipement so they can put it up on their web site.

Well they just wanted something simple but I got creative
and made this.

They love it but I wanted to get some opinions from video guys.

The indoor footage was shot with a Canon GL2 and the first outdoor clip was shot with a Sony PC5 and the second was shot with a PD150. The effects were done in after Effects and it was edited in Premiere.

please right click and select 'Save As'
http://www.downfallproductions.com/e13.htm

P.S. let me know what you think of the graffitti also.
Old March 17th, 2003, 08:53 PM   #111
New Boot

Well, the watching was going a bit slow [especially with me not understanding too much espanol and all] =) but remembering what you said I watched until the end. And I’m glad I did! The shipyard scene is awesome! Really. Great job, Miguel!

As for a technical question (I’ll just ask one as the effects are incredible but, I’m sure, way past my abilities, even with explanation), what system did you use to attach the camera to the car? Any advice on filming a car like you did the last 1.5 minutes of the clip (car spinning around with camera attached, etc.)?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

Dom
Old March 17th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #112
Wrangler

Very nice! Though I'm not quite sure what "near zero drag" is.

To my eye the grafitti looks like it was there in the shot to begin with--doesn't look like a post effect at all.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old March 18th, 2003, 12:19 AM   #113
Air China Pilot

The video is cool, nicely edited. I think you could have used some better font choice and placement, though to make it that much better. Something a bit more stylee, instead of that non-serif font you were using when describing the features of the bike.
Old March 18th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #114
Regular Crew

thanx alot guys

I really appreciate the comments.

Robert:

thanx for saying that the graffitti looks real. It's hard to look at an effect I've created objectively when I'm trying to decide if it looks real enough.

The text was not written by me. I asked them what they wanted it to say and they told me.
The "near zero drag" refers to 2 things, the fact that the security guide (the part I zoom in on) is smooth enough to let you slide rails with little friction and that it guides the chain well enough that you can do "crankflips" (the part when the rider kicks his crank backwards 360 degrees) that are fast and smooth.
We might have to have a focus group of bikers watch it and see if they understand it. I think they would.

Keith:

the font was also their choice. They like it and the customer is always right, right?

I like to hear peoples input, so what do you think I should have done with the text placement.
By placement, do you mean in the timeline or on the screen?

thanx again guys
Old March 18th, 2003, 05:15 AM   #115
Regular Crew

Why was the watching a bit slow? You mean the watchingor the download?

If you want to save the clip and then watch it go to www.macgregorcorp.com/km77tv.htm

and then save destiny as...

Well, for ataching cameras to the car there are several ways of doing it right.

Check this pictures:
www.macgregorcorp.com/dole3.jpg
www.macgregorcorp.com/madrid4.jpg

bye!
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:01 AM   #116
Air China Pilot

Well, if the font was not your choice well that's what you have to do.

Other things you could have done with the font were some slow tracking, fades. In the spots where you weren't doing that faux technocheesy stuff. Otherwise, some tightening up of the leading.
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:30 AM   #117
Tourist

looks good, but i'd be careful about the copywrited music.
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #118
New Boot

Critique please

This is really the first thing I've eve done in Premiere or NLE in particular. It's a music video I did as a favor for a friends wedding.

http://kodacksdarkness.com/wedding_music_video.wmv

Done on a Canon ZR40, tripod mounted and manual mode.

Update 3/19/03

Not a peep? I realize it's not as professional as many of you could make. But a lot of what I meant to show the viewer I believe I suceeded. And I think it was a good first try.

Please give me feedback. Shooting video and documentaries is something I really want to do.
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #119
Outer Circle

Yet more Alaska light

http://www.alaska-photo.com/March%20...big%20file.wmv

This one's really nice, shot by Greg. Enjoy!
Old March 19th, 2003, 04:17 AM   #120
Major Player

Everything, not least the music, makes a great, powerful forward flow in this video. But the zooming in and out of the green quadrangle slows it down. When I've seen that once, I've seen it. Don't make me have to see it over and over again.
Another improvement would be to let the main shot move on and just freeze the PIP.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work