Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 118 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 7th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #1756
Regular Crew

Automatable pitch...?

hmm.. well, I want to automate pitch effect. I mean, I want to pitch down audio track slowly for a few seconds... But, pitch effect in vegas is not automatable... Is there any way I can achieve this in Vegas?
Old June 7th, 2005, 07:10 AM   #1757
Sponsor: JET DV

You can create this fine in Vegas. One way to do the "balloon" would be to add a generated media of the proper color and then use Bezier masking to create the shape of the balloon. You might be able to use a "wingdings" style font as well. Another way would be to create the "balloon" as an image and then simply add that image to the timeline.

Now just add a standard text box on the track above to enter the text shown in the balloon. So what you'll have is:

Track 1: Text in the balloon
Track 2: Balloon (image/gen media/text box)
Track 3: Video
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #1758
New Boot

Thanks Ed, much appreciated.
Going to experiment with it now.

Thanks
Adrian
Old June 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #1759
Wrangler

Rendering a VEG file on a timeline VS Rendering the original timeline

I'm rendering a 3 minute piece that has some effects (levels, color correction, and glow to be specific). I wanted the entire piece to be cropped to 1:85:1 via pan/crop but the flash transitions ignore the crop and make the entire screen white.

Pre-Vegas 6 I'd render out a DV-AVI then crop THAT and render to MPG2. Another step, I know- but the only way I could make sure the flash transition wouldn't cover the entire screen outside my crop.

Anyway I figure Vegas 6 will be perfect for this. I can skip rendering it to DV-AVI first and simply drop the VEG file on another timeline as a file and crop THAT. This way I only have to do a single render.

Problem! The render is taking astronomically long. A 3 minute piece which usually might take 20 minutes (due to all the effects) is now taking 80-90 minutes?! Why is this? Is it a known issue that rendering an edit within a encapsolated VEG file on the timeline is slower than rendering the original timeline?
Old June 7th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #1760
Inner Circle

i cant say why its taking that long, and i cant use 6 until i work out how to migrate all my presets across through to V5 (from beta 4) which is what V5 is using as the default preset directory (dont ask m mate, i have no idea why...)

anyways..

what u can do, is layer a 1:85 bar above your initial video track, this way, flashes wont bleed, but the black bars will also be hidden when displayed in 16:9
Old June 7th, 2005, 11:11 PM   #1761
Major Player

Dvda2 video breakup in button

Having some breakup in the icon "button" video when I make them animate anyone have this happen any ideas

Thanks

Vince
running Vegas 5 and DVDA2 3.0 p4 HT 1gig ram
Old June 7th, 2005, 11:27 PM   #1762
Regular Crew

Is this just in the preview, or still there after the disc is rendered?

Gary
Old June 8th, 2005, 12:29 PM   #1763

DVDA 3a (build 117) Released

An update to DVD Architect 3 has been released with the following changes:

A bug has been fixed that could cause layer-break issues when creating a master with Opposite track path selected from the Direction of translation drop-down list in the Mastering page of the Properties dialog.

A bug has been fixed that caused the Initial subtitle track setting in the Project Properties to revert to 1 after choosing Off and closing the dialog.

A bug has been fixed that could cause audio and video to fall out of synchronization when recompressing the video stream.

A bug has been fixed that prevented you from replacing a graphic with another image via the Properties window.

A bug has been fixed that prevented you from preparing and burning projects with more than 99 menus.

A bug has been fixed that could cause a white outline to be displayed around imported PSD files.

A check box has been added to the Make DVD wizard to allow you to eject the disc after burning.

Of additional notable interest:

The new version of DVD Architect 3 (version 3.0a) that was recently posted in the downloads section of our website contains an updated MPEG encoder with some fixes that may benefit you. If you have had trouble in any of our apps rendering CBR MPEG-2 or have otherwise had trouble encoding to MPEG-2, especially for DVD delivery, you are advised to install DVD Architect 3.0a. (all of our apps will "see" the updated MPEG components installed by DVD Architect 3.0a, full or demo version).
Old June 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #1764
New Boot

MP3 Audio templates Missing (using 6.0b)

help!
Using Vegas 6.0d. The MP3 (mpeg-layer 3) render option only has partial options. Yesterday, i had options for 48, 44, and 32 Sample Frequencies. Today i only have 24Khz and below. Also the bit depth and channels are greyed out. I'm not sure why this happened. Did anyone have such a problem? Also what are your mp3 optiosn in vegas. I just want to compare with mine. Thanks a lot!
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #1765

16 entries from 20k through 320k
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #1766
Major Player

Still not working. I am totally baffled by the multiple places to set LFF or UFF, and on top of that, the simple "check reduce interlace flicker" box solution for deinterlacing really doesn't seem to work at all.

Thoughts? Anyone?
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #1767
Regular Crew

16x9 rendering Uncompressed from xl2 footy

Hey im new to vegas... trying to figure some things out and would appriciate some help... i have footage from the xl2 shot at 24p in 16x9 mode... i need to render out uncompressed footage at the same exact size... im getting either horizontal and or vertical stretching when i try and do this.. it seems i am only able to render out the true 16x9 if i do so using their ntsc widescreen option... but that isnt uncompressed.. its just dvcoded crap...

help
Old June 8th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #1768
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Minihan
Hey im new to vegas... trying to figure some things out and would appriciate some help... i have footage from the xl2 shot at 24p in 16x9 mode... i need to render out uncompressed footage at the same exact size... im getting either horizontal and or vertical stretching when i try and do this.. it seems i am only able to render out the true 16x9 if i do so using their ntsc widescreen option... but that isnt uncompressed.. its just dvcoded crap...

help

What are your capture settings??????
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #1769
Regular Crew

terrifying... i captured it in premiere pro 1.5 in a project slated to be 24pa ....dont know if that effects the capture settings nope it doesnt i just right clicked my original captured file and checked out its properties... 720x480...29.97... i am under the impression that no matter what it captures 29.97.. then u choose to edit it in a 23.976 timeline... anyways frame rates are not of my concern atm... the size in which its outputting files are... does this info help?
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #1770
Major Player

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the check box in the render windows that says "do not letterbox" ... this will stretch the footage. Let me take a look and come back and edit this post to be precise.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...