Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 57 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 9th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #841
Inner Circle

Quote:
And what colors might that be ? What settings should we use in Vagas CC to get cinelike colors from raw video footage ?
That's a pretty different topic. Emre gave you a link to a tutorial on how to change a particular range of colors. If you want to get "cinelike" colors then you will probably need to change all the colors in an image. First off you need to define what "cinelike" is... parts of it ma not be achievable/practical in post. If you want your films to look like Hollywood, then there's things like art direction and lighting which will make your footage look great but these things cannot be done in post.

If you want things to look like film, check out the film look forum here on dvinfo.net. Some people say to shoot film if you want the film look, since you cannot achieve the same effect with video.
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #842
Rextilleon

Better yet, if you want things to look like film shoot Super 16mm!
Old March 9th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #843
Major Player

There are a couple of tutorials on the use of Vegas color correction tools:

http://www.wideopenwest.com/%7ewvg/tutorial-3.htm

http://www.wideopenwest.com/%7ewvg/tutorial-8.htm

http://www.wideopenwest.com/%7ewvg/tutorial-11.htm

http://www.martyhedler.com/homepage/...Tutorials.html

and a good one on Disk 5 of Gary's DVD,

http://www.vegastrainingandtools.com...video_dvd.html
Old March 9th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #844
Regular Crew

progressive footage looks interlaced when sped up - why?

My progressive frames footages looks like interlaced footage when I speed it up in Vegas. I don't want this but I can't seem to find the way to correct it. Preferences have field order set to none (progressive).

Why is this happening and how can I help it?
Old March 10th, 2005, 02:14 AM   #845
Regular Crew

My story and my thoughts

I left premiere to go to canopus (edius, storm,,,).
Then I found Vegas and found reason. It was like working with qubase making music (the good old days)
Premiere is always in my pc in case i have "troubles". But with vegas have no troubles any more.
I really love this program, the DVD as well.
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #846
Inner Circle

how does it seem to be interlaced? Sometimes depending on ur preview panel quality settings, youll get interlacing if teh source material in interlaced and ur project is set to progressive...

i personally have never had an issue. i shoot with DVX100s and use vegas all the time..
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #847
Inner Circle

Stupid Page file Glitch.. rant

okies, heres my gripe..

vegas kicks ass.. yes.. it surely does.. BUT

sometimes when working on a longform project with copious amounts of footage on the timelines, the pagefile will poo itslelf and give me a random frame within a clip which is totally unrelated.. thats the first gripe..

the second is when using teh Flash transition.. again, very similar to the randome frame, this one however cycles through a load of frames which can be a good effect if i wanted to use it.. but i dont.. it only happens with the flash transition though..

its not a ram thing.. im using corsair and have never had an issue.. but apparently this is a known issue.. :(

lets hope V6 alleviates this
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #848
Regular Crew

I mean that when I open the rendered .AVI with any external player, it is obviously made up of fields. But only the shots that were sped up.

I suspect it has something to do with the properties of the individual clip that has been sped up, but I've been testing different settings to no avail...

I guess i'll have to take those clips into After Effects and speed them up there.
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #849
Sponsor: JET DV

I have also, on two or three occasions, seen a totally unrelated frame appear. I do believe it is a RAM related issue simply because exiting and restarting Vegas will make it go away.
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #850
Regular Crew

Split Screen

I am filming a movie in which one actor plays two characters. Such as in the film Dead Ringers. How do I take the same scene, filmed with each different "character" and splice it to look like they are in the same location and shot. Thanks for your help.

MITCH
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #851

Vegas 5:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=28430

Vegas 3/4:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?threadid=4092
Old March 10th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #852
Wrangler

Yep- I started a long thread a while back about this problem. Very frustrating- here's hoping to get it fixed in 6...because the problem traveled from 4 to 5 without being addressed.
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #853
Regular Crew

Matrox rt .x10 and Vegas

I purchased the matrox rt. x10 a while back bundled with premiere because I got a pretty good deal. Iv not been liking premiere to much and have been thinking of going vegas. My question is, does anyone here have experience with matrox and vegas? is it an issue that it came with premiere, I mean does it work "better" with adobe? Just curious.

P4 3.2 Hyperthreaded
2gig Ram
Matrox rt. x10

Thanks!
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM   #854

Vegas does not use any of the hardware acceleration cards. In fact, unless it standard OHCI compatible, you won't even be able to use it. You're better off just using a standard firewire card.
Old March 10th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #855

Of course, part of the problem is DUPLICATING the problem. This one is one of those that may be impossible to duplicate in house unless they just happen to get one.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...