Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #121
Wrangler

There's a section in the PPro manual / help that goes into a little more detail, but basically just have XP, PPro, and you project files on your C Drive and use a separate drive (ie, D Drive) for capture and scratch files. Regular defragging and not letting them get close to full does make a difference.
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #122
Wrangler

Although good news for those who do HDV, a disappointment for those of us hoping for SD enhancements and bug fixes. It does turn out to be only an HDV plug-in. It no longer shows up in the PPro downloads area as an update. You have to register to be notified by email when the NOT YET AVAILABLE HDV plugin actually is released:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/reghd.html

Ah, well. Patience is said to be a virtue...not that I believe it!
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #123
Wrangler

Yeah, here's the latest:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=37606

Sigh...
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #124
Major Player

Capturing two audio channels for editing in Premiere?

Is there a way with Premiere 6.5 or the Sony DVgate program (which is what I usually use to capture) to pull both channels of audio off a miniDV capture?

I did some recording over the weekend, with both channels on one source, but at different levels, or with two different sources going into each channel and I want to be able to adjust the level of each channel independently in Premiere.

The second audio track isn't hidden on the stereo AVI file and we just can see it, right? Sorry, I'm not really an editor, but I've got some big projects which I would Like to edit Myself.

Is it easy to synch the second audio track (the wave file) to the video in Premiere 6.5 if I capture with Scenalyzer?
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #125
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Pete Bauer : There's a section in the PPro manual / help that goes into a little more detail, but basically just have XP, PPro, and you project files on your C Drive and use a separate drive (ie, D Drive) for capture and scratch files. Regular defragging and not letting them get close to full does make a difference. -->>>

I agree with this completely. I did this and it did help the 'snappy-ness' of premiere. However, my processor being as slow as it is, it did not allow me to do any more realtime things within premiere, as these are not hampered by hard drive accessibility.

I guess the only thing to really do is push your processor and ram to the absolute maximums available or buyable with your budget.

--Which is about nowhere with my budget. ;) --
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #126
Inner Circle

anyone???
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #127
Wrangler

Hi Peter,

I have not really played around with 5.1 in Premiere. But I think that all the audio panning and mixing of 5.1 tracks is done via the audio mixer, and not done in the timeline.

Try looking in the help file. Search for 5.1 and there is a chapter about applying pan or balance settings that will help you.

I hope to work with 5.1 in the future, but as yet I have not needed to use it.

Hope this helps a little.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old January 13th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #128
Regular Crew

computer to match Priemiere Pro

I am getting a new computer and I just also bought Premiere Pro 1.5. I understand that hyper threathing can cause problems for Premiere Pro?
Should I not get hyper threathing on my new computer?
I am getting 2 G of ram, 3 hard drives @7200 rpm,
128 Meg video card
P4 3.0 cpu
Any suggestions about what is good and bad for running Permiere Pro 1.5

Thank you
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #129
Wrangler

There's a simple workaround for an SP2 issue:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html

I use a 3.00 GHz P4 with 2GB DDR on an ASUS i875-based motherboard. PPro works very nicely with that hyperthreading system. Renaming a file as outlined in the Adobe document solved the Adobe Media encoder issue for me.

BTW, multiple physical hard drives is a big plus, so you should do well with your system.

Cheers,
Old January 14th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #130
New Boot

Seriously bad audio problems...desperate

Hi. I recently captured some footage and when I play it in adobe, only like the first 2-4 minutes I get audio, then the rest of the footage I don't hear anything. I can play the captured footage on other editing software (demo for vegas...pinnacle) and I can hear it fine, playing it in windows media & quicktime also works fine, it's just when I play it in adobe I get audio for a few minutes then nothing...

Anyone here ever had that problem? What did you do to fix it? I feel like I did everything I could in the preferences-audio and whatnot, I seriously need some help :( , thanks in advance.
Old January 14th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #131
Wrangler

Hi Jay,

What version of Premiere are you using?
What is your system harware/ software specs?

If you are using Premirer 6.5 you can try resetting the preferences file. I think its SHIFT+CTRL while opening Premiere to reset everything to default.

If you have Premiere Pro you might need to wait for it to conform the audio.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old January 14th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #132
Inner Circle

thanks for that..

im lookin at jumping ship permanently to PremPro with either an RTx100 or Axio soon, and by what ive seen with Prem's 5.1, its seems very tedious.... so i might jsut do the project and do the audio in Vegas... least with a MAtrox i dont have to render for 20 bloody hours..
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #133
New Boot

I'm using adobe premiere pro... I have a 2.6ghz, P4, 768ram. How do I conform the audio? Is it something it does automatically?
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #134
Regular Crew

Keep 5.1 when ripping

I edit the DVDs I own for private viewing to remove objectionable content and make them family-friendly similar to what commercial vendors like "Cleanflix" do. However, after ripping and converting to AVI using Decryptor, DVDshrink and FlashMpeg and importing into Premiere the 5.1 quality of the audio is reduced to stereo. Can someone advise me how to keep the audio at 5.1?
Old January 14th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #135
Wrangler

Hi Jay,

Conforming audio happens automatically -- in fact, you can't stop it if you want to, which some people take offense to. You're on the low side for RAM (acceptable, for sure, but on the low side)...it may be that conforming is taking a while for a long clip. As a simple test, try loading up the file in PPro and go do something else for a short while. Then see if the audio is behaving or not.

BTW, file conforming was something Adobe worked on between PPro 1.0 and 1.5. Which version are you using? 1.0 would not let you start working on a file until conforming was complete, whereas 1.5 will let you do it if you want to accept the performance hit of editing while the conforming is going on.

Other stuff to check: best to have scratch disks, including conformed files, on a separate physical hard drive (such as a D Drive) from XP, PPro, and your project files, all of which would normally reside on your C Drive. If your drive is getting full or fragmented, that'll kill performance in PPro. Make sure DMA is enabled for your IDE Channels. Especially since you're on the low side with RAM, make sure no other apps are running. Maybe one of these tips will, uh, tip the balance in your favor. Let us know!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite