DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom-presets-download-library-copy.html)

Larry Secrest September 25th, 2007 05:39 AM

Thanks Mr. Chapman

After playing a lot with the customs found in the library I must say that the ones called AC Pref 1 and Ave Film are pretty amazing. Mr. Chapman, I think you were right on it. Very subtle and refined. Thanks again
Larry

Stephen Sobel October 25th, 2007 05:08 PM

If one wanted to use just one of the custom presets listed, how easy is it to individually change each of the settings listed? How once changed, does the XH-A1 then stick with those settings w/o reverting to the factory settings?

Bill Busby October 26th, 2007 07:28 PM

Are you serious? You make your adjustments to the preset... save it... voila!

Bill

Stephen Sobel October 26th, 2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby (Post 765578)
Are you serious? You make your adjustments to the preset... save it... voila!

Bill

I don't have the XH-A1 yet - finishing up my comparisons between it and a Sony, and trying to understand how the presets work is part of my research. I think the XH-A1 is the one I will be getting (as soon as I can swing it financially).

Bill Busby October 26th, 2007 07:44 PM

Stephen, I suppose my point was, although indirect... what would be the purpose of a "preset" if it wasn't meant or possible to be saved? Don't all presets work like this no matter what the application is?

Good luck on your eventual purchase :)
Bill

Stephen Sobel October 26th, 2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Busby (Post 765585)
Stephen, I suppose my point was, although indirect... what would be the purpose of a "preset" if it wasn't meant or possible to be saved? Don't all presets work like this no matter what the application is?

Good luck on your eventual purchase :)
Bill

Your right. I should have thought that one through a bit more.

Scott Becker October 27th, 2007 10:50 PM

1950's Movie Look

Hi - This forum is fantastic! Thanks to everyone who has generously shared their knowledge and helped us newbies with the presets.

Using the presets given here, I've been using them as a base to start experimenting on my own. But I need a littke help with trying to create that lush saturated look of color films from the 1950's.

I'm shooting on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and when I want to cut to a scene that could be in the past, I could go with a sepia look, but I'd like to try using the look I've described as it matches Cunard's (the steamship line's) own publicity shots from that era.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Scott

Stephen Sobel October 29th, 2007 07:33 PM

I may have missed it, but is there a link to sample clips of the presets from the first post that are not so dark?

Jeremiah Rickert November 12th, 2007 07:03 PM

When you have the SD card in, does it cycle through the presents with the "onboard" ones first (Are there 6 of those total?) and then does it cycle through the ones on the card?

Vincent Oliver November 13th, 2007 01:39 AM

Yes, it cycles through the card and then starts all over again with the on-board settings. I haven't found a way of giving each setting a unique name, this would be a handy feature instead of seeing a set of numbers.

Dirk Bouwen November 19th, 2007 03:36 PM

Presets

I tried to read through the preset discussion, but it has become a little bit extensive.

A lot of XH A1 users are very interested in this section. Even more: it has become the reference for this subject. Not very surprising: Canon did not a very good job in providing both an true in-depth explanation in the manual and some real examples ready for application in the field!

To CH: I realize it's probably quite some work, isn't it possible to revise the preset library at the beginning of thread, and add all the preset-variants made in this forum, incl. the original spreadsheet containing all param's?

We would be grateful till the end of our XH A1 life (who knows with what Canon will come by that time ;-) )

Domenic Vellucci November 21st, 2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Supan (Post 720986)
Steven,
Your VividRGB preset I've noticed skin tone is slightly more on red color, can you guide me which color settings to adjust to tone down reddish skin? Thanks.

Nathan

Hey Nathan, I was just wondering if you managed to figure this out for I have not seen a reply to your post and I have the same question.

Thanks
Domenic

Peter Jefferson December 5th, 2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Sobel (Post 764848)
If one wanted to use just one of the custom presets listed, how easy is it to individually change each of the settings listed? How once changed, does the XH-A1 then stick with those settings w/o reverting to the factory settings?

To answer your question, you do not have to save it for it to remain in tact.

But its wise to save it to SD card when you're happy with your results.

To change the setting is a no-brainer, and you'd find more info about this if you check out the A1 manual listed as a sticky up here.

Rene Brunken December 16th, 2007 01:49 PM

sugestions needed for creating own presets

How do i start with changing presets to match my A1 with another camcorder.
At our video club we do some multicam recordings and would like to match the other cam as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Kellen Dengler December 19th, 2007 12:23 AM

B & W JECTA Issue

So I loaded up the B&WJECTA preset because I wanted to film some blacka nd white footage in HDV just to see how it looks. When I select the B&WJECTA preset the display turns to black and white but then when I exit out of the menu it goes right back to color.

What gives? Is it not going to film in B&W now? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, probably something stupid...