DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom-presets-download-library-copy.html)

Guest April 12th, 2008 02:17 PM

thanks kees, mail has been send, jasper

Chris Hurd April 12th, 2008 02:53 PM

Kees, I'll have to send you an email as well. I need to update our presets download library and your collection will be an enormous help. Thanks in advance,

Phil Taylor April 12th, 2008 06:16 PM

Presets

When this video opens, what is the preset for the first portion? I think it looks very good!

Henrik Joensen April 13th, 2008 03:10 AM

Kees,

Is there any change you can post a link with Excel file for your 'reality' preset?

Many thanks.

Vincent Oliver April 13th, 2008 08:18 AM

Chris, I am finding it hard to keep track on some of these threads, can you limit them to say 5 or 10 pages. This one is hitting the 16 pages mark.

Regards

Chris Hurd April 13th, 2008 12:08 PM

I feel the same way Vincent. When I return home from NAB, I will overhaul this thread -- splitting it in two: one thread for the actual preset file downloads, the other thread for commentary and discussions. Hope this helps,

Kees van Duijvenbode April 14th, 2008 12:52 AM

@henrik: I'll see if I remember this evening to put my settings in an Excel file.

Richard Gooderick April 14th, 2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees van Duijvenbode (Post 858874)
And there is a dutch forum now where the operator is busy to make a comparison video with 8 secs footage off all the presets that have been shared on this forum. Look here.

Thanks. This is really interesting.
But not very useful wihout captions naming the presets.
Any idea whether the author might do this?

Kees van Duijvenbode April 14th, 2008 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a .xls file with my REALITY settings.

Kees van Duijvenbode April 14th, 2008 01:39 PM

@ Richard: He's still busy with it.

Henrik Joensen April 14th, 2008 04:05 PM

Infact so busy he got me download the xls sheet, Thanks alot Kees,
will find some time to try it.

Kees van Duijvenbode April 15th, 2008 07:39 AM

He's not me... :-))

Gert Kracht April 20th, 2008 04:19 PM

I was working on the Custom Preset movie I made last month.
I want to repeat the recordings because it was great weather last time, but the sun disapeared behind a thin layer of cloud now and then. I'd rather have the new results with a constant light...as much as possible.

I gathered all CP's on a few SD cards and then I started filming in this order:

1 - Select CP
2 - Set white ballance with a white reference card
3 - Make recordings for about 10 seconds
4 - Go back to 1 (next CP)

QUESTION: or should I change my test workflow?

I want to repeat the same stuff in low light (but constant lighting) and in dark circumstances. Right now I have gathered around 30 presets. Their names and makers will be mentioned in the final version of the movie.

Kees van Duijvenbode April 21st, 2008 01:07 AM

You're great Gert. I'm very curious about the results.

Allan Black April 23rd, 2008 10:14 PM

Thanks to all who contributed their time and obvious expertise in compiling these presets.

IMO anyone who has these cameras and thinks they can knock up their own over the weekend is barking up the wrong street. Don't waste your time, these guys have not only beaten you to it, they have done it in style.

Cheers.