DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH Custom Presets Download Library (copy) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom-presets-download-library-copy.html)

Allan Black April 23rd, 2008 11:22 PM

Chris, I notice in post 2 , No. 18 is titled PANALOOK, but Steven updated it to PANALOOK2. It's there in post 210.

Cheers.

Chris Hurd April 24th, 2008 07:30 AM

Thanks Allan -- I have a lot of work to do in getting our library updated.

Allan Black April 28th, 2008 04:41 PM

Yes, it's much appreciated Chris. For A1 owners this is probably the best thread around. One question that's probably been answered, will any other H1/G1 custom presets work in the A1?
Cheers.

Chris Hurd April 28th, 2008 04:46 PM

Absolutely no difference whatsoever between G1 and A1 custom presets. They are fully compatible. As are custom presets from the new XL H1S / H1A. That's four camcorder models sharing the same custom preset files.

Older XL H1 presets are not compatible though.

Jeff Zimmerman April 28th, 2008 07:51 PM

Thanks for the "Preset" thread on the XHA1. I'm looking to buy an XHA1 and it was a toss up between a few other similar cameras. But with the tweakability and support of these presets I'm sold on the XHA1. I even borrowed one from work for the night just to try a few of them out before I ordered my camera.

Alot of the "Presets" would be very usable in a time crunch situation where if you want to have saturated footage or present a certain look you could do so with minimal effort and very little color correction in post.

Thank again, hope to contribute my own "Presets" in the future.

Kevin Ta May 2nd, 2008 12:46 PM

These presets are awesome, i don't know what i would do without this forum. But are these presets applicable to SD/DV mode instead of HD as well? Would there still be the richness in the color minus the sharpness?

Steven Dempsey May 3rd, 2008 09:12 AM

One thing that someone might want to do is gather all of the preset information in this thread and create an updated spreadsheet. Maybe Chris prefers to do it himself but I suspect he would appreciate someone doing the legwork for him.

Many have benefited from the hard work of others here to produce these presets so I think it would be a nice gesture to give back to the community and work on consolidating all the information into something more immediately accessible.

Chris, feel free to chime in here if you object.

Gert Kracht May 6th, 2008 05:45 AM

I have made the Custom Preset Movie 1.0 complete.

You can watch it on Vimeo:

http://www.vimeo.com/846830

It contains 28 Custom presets. If you register on VIMEO the original file can also be downloaded and the image quality is better.

Kees van Duijvenbode May 6th, 2008 09:24 AM

Very well done Gert. Thanks a lot. This makes it a lot easier to compare the different presets.

Gert Kracht May 6th, 2008 10:47 AM

I'm also planning to make the same stuff in a dark situation. But there might be one problem: how to set white balance in a dark situation?

Giovanni Speranza May 6th, 2008 04:58 PM

Vivid B

1 Attachment(s)
VIVID B is a mod of the famous VIVIDRGB preset. It's bluish, but still rendering a good skin tone.

VIVID B works better when you set the gain at -3dB and set the white balance to "preset" which produces less color noise.

All parameters but the following are identical to the VIVIDRGB preset:

Color Gain -15
Red Gain -25
Green Gain -20
Blue Gain 25
RG Matrix 0
RB matrix 0
GR matrix 0
GB matrix 0
BR matrix 0
BG matrix 0

Steve Lewis May 6th, 2008 11:09 PM

Newbie havin' trouble!

Hi guys,
So i just got my A1, and I copied all these presets to my SD card in a folder named "PRESETS" and when i try to copy them to the cam, it is greyed out. So, I tried copying a preset from the cam to the card just to see what happened: it put it in the folder with all the presets from this thread! Any help on how to copy over presets would be helpful. (also, will the cam read the file names (like VividRGB, etc... or will it just number them from 1 to whatever?)

Thanks guys!
-Steve

Yuri Martins Galliett May 6th, 2008 11:51 PM

The folder name must be "PRESET" without the "S".
The procedure for calling up the presets is detailed in your operator's manual on page 81.

Steve Lewis May 7th, 2008 12:24 AM

I figured it out, I wasn't naming them correctly (PRESETxx)
Thanks,
-Steve

Giovanni Speranza May 11th, 2008 05:53 AM

Preset: Vision

Hi,
i created a new preset that seems to work very well in every situation.
I called it Vision because it's colorimetry remembers me the Kodak Vision2 (with the due respect....)

I recommend using -3dB gain and i suggest using the manual color temperature to adjust the overall look.

Vision

GAM CINE2
KNE LOW
BLK STRETCH
PED 0
SET -9
SHP 0
HDF LOW
DHV 0
COR 0
NR1 OFF
NR2 OFF