Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #361
Major Player

HD (hdv) shooter and editor available on Gulf Coast

Sony HDR-FX1

Dell Dual Xeon, 1terrabyte raid

Hit me up at http://www.resmedia.com/
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:14 PM   #362
Major Player

Anyone in the IL/WI border north of Chitown?

I'm working on a script at the moment. I'm about halfway done. If anyone wants to help out, I'd love the help. I have all the hardware, software, mics, etc.. to make a feature film and the XL2 to boot.

Just let me know. :)
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #363
New Boot

feature film

i've also got scripts and equipment. lets get together and discuss. i live in Chicago (bucktown). sergib@earthlink.net

<<I'm working on a script at the moment. I'm about halfway done. If anyone wants to help out, I'd love the help. I have all the hardware, software, mics, etc.. to make a feature film and the XL2 to boot.

Just let me know. :)>>
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #364
Regular Crew

Horror Project.. Washington DC/Maryland/VA

I am in the early stages of Pre-production for a horror film in the Gaithersburg, MD area. The shoot will be break neck speed over 4 weekends starting in Mid August. the Budget is approx $1,000 to $1500.

I am looking for the following...

Director of Photography
Persons with GL1 or better Cameras (Canon or Sony) to help out as Camera B & C and some 2nd unit stuff.
Someone to help with editing.
Anyone with props suchs as guns, arms, legs etc etc
Make-up Artists
75-100 extra's to be zombies. (bring the rattiest clothes you can find)

As stated the budget is low, however I am trying to work things out to make sure key people involved get some kind of compensation. Even if it is Gas Money.

Food will be provided each night of the shoot. The shoot will begin 2nd weekend in August on a friday night and run until Saturday morning, Break til 4pm Saturday then work from 4pm til sun up sunday morning. That schedule will last 2 weekends at most.

Break for Labor day holiday weekend

Shooting restarts Saturday morning 6am til 8pm then re-starts Sunday 6am til 6pm sunday afternoon. This will go on 2 weekends in a row in september.

a 3rd weekend in September will be reserved for re-shoots.

I am hoping to do something at least Grade B or C level, but most of all I want it to be a fun and open environment. Since this will be my first directing project, with DV no less, I am open to any technical input from those will to lend a hand.

If anyone is interested in jumping on board... please email me at Shufflingzombie@yahoo.com or IM me @ Yahoo Instant Messenger Shufflingzombie is the name.

Thanks for reading!

Gary
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #365
Regular Crew

change in PC

To everyone so far who has contacted me .i have had to put my other PC online . but in the meantime have lost all my previous emails up to about 4 days ago now to almost 3 years..

You can email me now at the same adress pmander@cogeco.ca

sorry for the mixup

Pete
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #366
Regular Crew

Hello!
I'm just checking in. I'm located in beautiful Columbia, Mo. The University of Missouri is the center of everything here and on the plus side 10 minutes out of town is some pristine country to shoot.
Thanks,
Mick
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #367
Major Player

We have some things happening here in Springfield as well.

We have a film festival in October.

We'll be looking for entries.

Plus working on lots of guests as we speak.

Both in front and behind the camera.
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #368
Regular Crew

Cameraman with HDV camcoder wanted

Innomind.org is shooting a documentary on Azerbaijan, called "Mountain of God". This project requires traveling to Azerbaijan and staying there for production for two weeks. You must have an HDV camcorder - Sony HVR-Z1. No filming experience necessary, since I am not shooting an ordinary style of documentary. If you want to experience the magic of Azerbaijan and looking for a challenging adventure, willing to be a cameraman, this is your opportunity. Contact Renat at 646.522.8667 to discuss in detail before May 21, as I am researching on the best rates to fly there from NY.

Thanks

Renat Zarbailov of Innomind.org
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #369
Regular Crew

Thanks again Dan!

Hey Dan, just want to thank you again for helping me out, and starting a new found friendship. You marvel at your talents and I really enjoyed our conversation. The regulator works great, and in the winter I can use it as a hand warmer! HAHA (Just joking Dan.) Thanks again.
Old May 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #370
Regular Crew

good to see

Good to see you all. Columbia is a nice town with the Univ. If you need any help in Post prod after june 1st week i will be having FCP5 and Shake4 to work with. Please feel free get in touch with me.

harikris@prodigy.net
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #371
Major Player

You are welcome Garry,
I am glad I was able to help and the contraption works well. I forgot to take a pic, maybe when and if you have time, you do it. I like to have pics of all "toys" I make. Very nice to meet you too.
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #372
New Boot

Hey Lisa,

You're from England? Cool same here. I really admire your courage and dedication towards this. I myself am from Cambridge, and although i'm not all that experienced in Film (previous experience was with Stage Theatre) if there is any way i can help please do let me know.
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #373
New Boot

Script-Writing help

Hey,
I'm Jack, from Cambridge - England, and am very enthusiastic about getting into the film-making industry. I've previously been involved with small scale theatre productions but am now looking to start with amatuer film making. I have an idea, and a very basic script, however i am not the best of writers (English is actually my second language) and was wondering if there was anyone out there who could help me with the writing (or knows someone who could help). Any references or help would be most appreciated. (or anyone who is willing to review my very basic script and offer suggestions).
Thanks

- Jack
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #374
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matthews
Hey Lisa,

You're from England? Cool same here. I really admire your courage and dedication towards this. I myself am from Cambridge, and although i'm not all that experienced in Film (previous experience was with Stage Theatre) if there is any way i can help please do let me know.
Thanks, what do you do then? Isn't it funny how us Brits have stuck together in this topic?!?
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:00 PM   #375
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Heard
Thanks, what do you do then? Isn't it funny how us Brits have stuck together in this topic?!?
Yeah. Haha. Well, i'm attempting (this is all future planning as i plan to complete my studies - which will take 1 1/2 more years) to set up a Production company and be a producer. I do wish to get involved in Directing as well. I've posted in another topic about a script i want someone to look over and help me 'flesh out' and expand, or give any form of feedback on.

Edit: feel free to contact me at kitol88@hotmail.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands