Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #376
Air China Pilot

Is it a feature or a short script? If it is a short script I could look it over.

For basic reference, there are many online sources where you can download scripts to get the formatting down.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/ for one. (I recommend you look at the .pdf versions of the scripts - NOT transcripts).

Also if you do a search for 'screenplay', 'screenwriting', and any other script related terms on DVInfo, you will come up with a number of other threads started here on this subject.
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM   #377
New Boot

I'm really into screenplay writing at the moment. I'll have a look at it tomorrow if you don't mind. Good luck with everything.
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #378
New Boot

Yeah no problem. Thanks

How am i supposed to get it to you btw? (n email or something?)
Thanks again for the help.
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #379
New Boot

Yeah email it to me: Leesa2003@hotmail.com
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #380
New Boot

It is, at the moment, a very short script. A few pages only. I just want someone to look it over and tell me if they idea works and if so how to improve on it before i get help fleshing out the dialogue and getting things done properly.

(How do i get the script sent to people? Email perhaps?)
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #381
Capt. Quirk

Keith- is the script forum still going?
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #382
Air China Pilot

Jack, you can email me (keithmengweiloh@NOSPAMgmail.com - remove the NOSPAM and it will work). I'm having a slow day so I could even sneak it into work (err.. lunch hour).

Keith, yes the forum is still up. Still private and has three of us exchanging scripts around.

Locally, I also joined two screenwriting groups to expand the range of feedback. Jack, you might consider seeing what kind of groups are available locally for you as well.
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #383
Regular Crew

Gary,

good luck with your film. Sounds exciting.

I'm not in or around that area you are shooting. However, I'd like to help out any way that I can. I do have several people i can contact for you in that immediate area.

i'll forward them your email address.

Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Franks
I am in the early stages of Pre-production for a horror film in the Gaithersburg, MD area. The shoot will be break neck speed over 4 weekends starting in Mid August. the Budget is approx $1,000 to $1500.

I am looking for the following...

Director of Photography
Persons with GL1 or better Cameras (Canon or Sony) to help out as Camera B & C and some 2nd unit stuff.
Someone to help with editing.
Anyone with props suchs as guns, arms, legs etc etc
Make-up Artists
75-100 extra's to be zombies. (bring the rattiest clothes you can find)

As stated the budget is low, however I am trying to work things out to make sure key people involved get some kind of compensation. Even if it is Gas Money.

Food will be provided each night of the shoot. The shoot will begin 2nd weekend in August on a friday night and run until Saturday morning, Break til 4pm Saturday then work from 4pm til sun up sunday morning. That schedule will last 2 weekends at most.

Break for Labor day holiday weekend

Shooting restarts Saturday morning 6am til 8pm then re-starts Sunday 6am til 6pm sunday afternoon. This will go on 2 weekends in a row in september.

a 3rd weekend in September will be reserved for re-shoots.

I am hoping to do something at least Grade B or C level, but most of all I want it to be a fun and open environment. Since this will be my first directing project, with DV no less, I am open to any technical input from those will to lend a hand.

If anyone is interested in jumping on board... please email me at Shufflingzombie@yahoo.com or IM me @ Yahoo Instant Messenger Shufflingzombie is the name.

Thanks for reading!

Gary
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #384
Regular Crew

Hello Rusty,

i'm not quite sure where Johnstown NY is, but I'm in the Buffalo area if that isn't too far.

Are you still looking for any assistance in your production as far as sound is concerned?

I may not be able to do it myself howver I can definately point you in the right direction if not get someone that will do a great job for you..

let me know

jsammarco@filmboypictures.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Williams
Hi, Folks...

On April 9th, I'm shooting the final footage for my feature "One Last Kill" in Johnstown, NY. Another guy from the boards here, Mike Cavanaugh, is helping me out with the shoot.

Mike and I were discussing technical aspects today. While Mike is much more well-versed than me, neither of us specialize in sound, and that's our main obstacle.

So, I'm coming here to ask if any of you sound guys in the area might be willing to help out my No-Budget production?

I realize I'm offering a helluva deal: A long day for no pay; but I'm hoping someone might be willing to come along for a good time.

Of course, you would get a full screen credit and access to our day's delicious menu (Dunkin' Donuts, Coffee, Sandwiches, etc.). And I would, of course, be glad to return the favor at any time you need. (I shoot with a GL-2, and I have EXTENSIVE background in front of the camera should you need acting talent.)

All we would need is for you to grab the sound for us. The location is a warehouse, and the activity would be in a VERY limited area.

I have very decent industry contacts from many years in screenwriting, so the finished product will have every opportunity to get picked up for distribution at some level.

You can check out the background of the movie at http://www.onelastkill.com

If anyone is interested, please respond here or email me at the address linked to dvinfo.net or at curtis@onelastkill.com

Thanks a lot!

-Rusty-
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #385
Regular Crew

Hi, Justin...

Thanks a lot for the offer - I really appreciate it - but we've already wrapped.

-Rusty-
Old May 20th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #386
Regular Crew

Thanks man... I appreciate it.

I just finished the script... and in 2 weeks I am gonna handle some insert shots on my own... Just stuff to fill in as I go. My buddy and I are gonna handle that.

The time I need the people is for the Big massacre night...Thats when I need the extra's and techs on the spot. I am hoping to get so much stuff done between now and then I can cut the schedule down to 2 weekends.

1 weekend for the action stuff, another for the massacre.

You can also have the email the production email account.

Here is the status on the project:

TITLE: DEADLANDS
Director: Gary Ugarek
Writer: Gary Ugarek
Genre(s) Horror/Action
Sub Genre: Zombie Apocalypse

Cast: Brian Wright, Gary Ugarek, Matt Williams, Matt Blazi, Kevin Wright

Budget: $1500.00 US DOLLARS
Equipment: Canon GL1

Approx Run time: 38 mins (this will be a feature-short)

This will be a gory film... So extra's beware.

deadlandsthemovie@yahoo.com

Last edited by Gary Franks; May 20th, 2005 at 05:17 PM. Reason: More information
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM   #387
Major Player

Emails sent!
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM   #388
Major Player

Looking for a few short interview shooters

I need shooters with decent equipment (3-chip cam, lights, lav mics etc.) to do a short interview in the following areas:

Cleveland OH (Cleveland Heights)
Seattle, WA
LA/Burbank area (Sierra Madre, CA)

This is for a 60th anniversary video for a couple whose children are spread throughout the country.

We can offer some modest pay and lots of thanks.

Please contact me via e-mail for details.
Old May 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #389
Regular Crew

June 5, Palmdale CA., shooter needed.

I'm booked into taping two segments for a pilot I'm putting together here in Nor. Cal, and cant make the trip to Palmdale.

The shoot would be at the Antique Nationals at LA Country RaceWay. Its vintage car and motorcycle races. Think rat rods and rockabilly, and you got the picture. Would need interviews with vehicle owners, B-roll details of vehicles, a short interview with the organizer about the event, footage of the people, the fashion, the racing.

Something I could cut together into a 3-5 minute segment about the event.

Willing to pay, but I aint got alot of $.... as it is for a pilot, and I'm footing the bills personally.

Would NEED to have a lav. mic to hook onto interviewees (the sound from on camera shotguns aint going to cut it at a motorsports event).

3-chip camera required (something like a VX1000 would do in a pinch, but I'd prefer something with a nice peice of glass out front ... ala at least a DV500), MiniDV or DVCAM is fine. 29.97 please.

email - agalbraith@vintageracingnews.com
Old May 25th, 2005, 04:50 AM   #390
RED Code Chef

Lisa: have you lost track of your "other" thread?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=42784

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands