DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Tim Borek January 17th, 2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Gioja
Tim -- I sent you an email, just wanted to let you know.

Thank you for your resonse, but I didn't receive the e-mail for some reason, Philip.

Philip Gioja January 17th, 2006 12:55 PM

I resent it, so hopefully it goes through.

If not, I have a small production company near Watseka, IL and do a lot of supporting work for area videographers, and would like a chance to work with you. I have a GL2, Bogen 755b legs w/501 head, fig rig, and Audio Technica 897 shotgun mic w/beachtek adapter.

You can look at my website at www.centerstreetproductions.com, I have a few sample videos there, and I can also send you a demo reel if you are interested.

You can contact me at philip@centerstreetproductions.com, or I sent my phone #s in the email if it goes through.

Tim Borek January 18th, 2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Gioja
I resent it, so hopefully it goes through.

If not, I have a small production company near Watseka, IL and do a lot of supporting work for area videographers, and would like a chance to work with you. I have a GL2, Bogen 755b legs w/501 head, fig rig, and Audio Technica 897 shotgun mic w/beachtek adapter.

You can look at my website at www.centerstreetproductions.com, I have a few sample videos there, and I can also send you a demo reel if you are interested.

You can contact me at philip@centerstreetproductions.com, or I sent my phone #s in the email if it goes through.

The e-mail did not come through. (Probably due to my Profile settings or unnecessary ISP blocking. Sorry!) I'll check out your site and email you directly. We can discuss this further off forum.

Thanks!

T.J.

Brad Simmons January 18th, 2006 05:40 PM

Looking for Sound Mixer in DC

Hello,

Fusion Arena Productions is looking for a sound mixer for an upcoming music video shoot on January 27th. We will need a sound mixer for multiple projects, but this is the first one. Ideally we'd like someone with a laptop and a sound program like Pro Tools that they can hook up to the band's soundboard to get the best quality audio. Please contact Brad Simmons if you are interested. We are located in Washington, DC. Thanks!

James Emory January 18th, 2006 09:45 PM

Shannon. I noticed that you or someone has post another crew call on Craig's List for your project in Atlanta. I sent you two messages with my info and gear (if needed) and I replied to your initial post above. Did you get my messages? Thanks.

Luis Caffesse January 18th, 2006 11:30 PM

Looking for Bilingual Production People in Dallas for Full Time Production Position

I'm working with a TV station who is looking to fill a production position in Dallas, Texas.

The station is in Spanish, but a majority of the business is conducted in english.
Anyone interested in the job should be fully bilingual in English and Spanish.

General duties would include local production (of commericals, promos, etc) as well as postproduction work. The station is currently using Final Cut Pro as their edit station - though I'm more concerned with finding someone with talent and experience than I am in finding someone who happens to know Final Cut.

If you're interested in learning a bit more about the job just drop me a line at:

Luis (at) pitchproductions dot com

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, and discuss the job in more detail. I am hoping to recommend someone in the very near future.

Thanks,

Luis
____

Victor Burdiladze January 20th, 2006 12:39 PM

Anybody knows where can I rent varizoom hollywood light?

I'm trying to rent varizoom hollywood light or something close to that(steadicam, or Glidecam.) Does anybody know where to rent it in NY?

Michael Wisniewski January 21st, 2006 03:58 PM

Hello World Communications rents the Steady Tracker.

They are close to, but NOT related to B&H Photo, even though their advertisement is hanging up in the B&H store.

Victor Burdiladze January 21st, 2006 06:06 PM

Thanks Michael

Steadytracker supports up to 8lb-s; I'd like to get something more heavyweight and more stable.
Thanks for responce though.

Michael Wisniewski January 21st, 2006 08:21 PM

Abel Cine Tech
Bexel New York

Can't vouch for them myself, but I have friends who are happy with both of them.

If all else fails check-out: New York 411

Vince Gaffney January 23rd, 2006 11:22 AM

I Need Footage From AZ, Seattle, FL, Atlanta, Niagara Falls...

I'm looking to get some specific B roll footage shot from these locations. I prefer it on HDV and from an HL h1. I will pay 750.00 for the footage plus tape stock and shipping.

Please Email me and I will forward specific deadlines, needs and requirements.

gaffneyfilm@msn.com

thanks,

Vince

Dave Herring January 23rd, 2006 12:25 PM

You got mail!

Asa Dotzler January 23rd, 2006 03:50 PM

Firefox Flicks call for participation

Firefox Flicks

Do you dream in scenes and setups?
Write dialogue on the subway?
See an ad on TV, and think, "It'd be so much better if they'd..."?
Here's your chance to show what you can do.
Make an ad for Firefox. Enter it in the Firefox Flicks Ad Contest. Get your work judged by a panel of accomplished film, TV, and advertising pros.
Great prizes, and the chance to be featured in the worldwide marketing campaign for Firefox, await you.
We can't wait to see how you bring Firefox to life.

We're looking for creative types who can produce a 30 second Firefox commercial and we'll be putting these commercials up in front of a panel of expert judges from advertising, Hollywood, and television (including Scott Goodson - Founder and Chief Creative Officer, StrawberryFrog advertising agency, Warren Zide - Producer of the American Pie trilogy, McG - Producer of the O.C., and Supernatural, Jim Denault, Cinematographer Maria Full of Grace, Boys Don't Cry, Carnivale, and Six Feet Under, and several other great judges, too.)

In addition to getting in front of these awesome judges, we'll be offering some great prizes too, including a $5,000 gift certificate to B&H Photo where you can purchase that next piece of hardware you've had your eye on, an awesome multi-LCD display from 9X Media that'll give you a 45 inch wide screen an awesome resolution of 3840x1024, and a slick Alienware media center PC.

Project Description

Create a 30-second ad, in any style (live action or animated,) that brings Firefox to life for the millions of Web users who have yet to discover Firefox and the better Web experience it delivers.

Project Summary

Mozilla seeks to expand awareness of Firefox among a broader audience for Web browsers: mainstream consumers who may have little knowledge of the value proposition for Firefox. To help increase awareness of Firefox among this target audience, Mozilla would like to produce a high-quality, innovative 30-second ad that introduces Firefox to mainstream Web users.

In line with its history and orientation, Mozilla is opening up the creation of its initial advertising creative to film/TV/advertising/multimedia professionals, students and aspiring pros as part of the Firefox Flicks Ad Contest.

Target Audience

The primary target audience for the Firefox advertising campaign are moderately experienced Web users, who are comfortable with using the Web but are not necessarily power users. These users understand how to download and install software, and use the Web for basic activities: reading news, web-based email, limited online shopping and banking. They may rely as much on the physical Yellow Pages as they do Yahoo! or Google. They may also have had negative experiences with the Web as a result of spyware, viruses and other Web nuisances. Yet they see the value in the Web, and so return. But they likely do not clearly understand how a Web browser can improve their Web experience.

Objective

After watching the ad, the audience should be intrigued enough by Firefox to visit getfirefox.com to learn more.
Ad Perception/Tone/Guidelines

1. Exciting, easy, simple, fun, modern, smart, cool, adventurous, young, empowering, helpful. We're sure there are other angles you can think of.
2. Ad should function more at brand level than at product features/benefits level.
3. Ad can be in any style: live action, animated, etc.
4. Don't overhype. If you have to, err on the side of subtlety, and let the audience connect the dots to get the message.
5. Take risks. The brand is new. The product is one-year old. Be fresh.
6. Use these guidelines as very broad suggestions. We are most interested in seeing how creative you can be in expressing the core premise of Firefox: making the Web experience better for everyone, and getting that message out to mainstream Web users.
7. Entries must be submitted no later than midnight, March 31, 2006.

Key Messages

You don't have to incorporate all of these messages or ideas. These are here to show you what we're interested in getting across. Pick and choose.

1. Firefox offers a better way to experience the Web. It's secure, easy to use, and customizable.
2. Having a choice in Web browsers matters.
3. The Web is too important to too many people to let a single company decide how we all get there.
4. The Web browser has a dramatic impact on the user's experience of the web.

More Information

Contest overview: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/

Contest blog: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/backstage/

Official Rules: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/adcontest/rules.html

FAQ: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/adcontest/faq.html

Technical details for submissions: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/adcontest/submit.php

Judges: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/adcontest/judges.html

Prizes: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/adconte...-sponsors.html

Firefox backgrounder: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/adcontest/background.html

Nick Hiltgen January 23rd, 2006 05:21 PM

Vince, dropped you a line.

Peter Ferling January 24th, 2006 01:06 PM

Translations

I need a contact or reference to someone who can provide translations for spanish and Czech.

I have an unspecified number of in-house training videos that will be produced in english, and will have to be translated into both spanish and czech for our overseas locations.

Much of this stuff will be unscripted power-point training sessions, so I would emagine that the translator(s) would be able to listen to the video while tranlating to audio on the fly.

I'm running the budget/numbers today so I need some help ASAP.

Thanks.

Pete Ferling

pete.ferling@arrowintl.com

Peter Ferling January 24th, 2006 02:35 PM

Update

Ok, I'm learning. I need both a tranlation service for the text, and an interpreter for the voice-over portion. Sorry If I wasn't clear in my first post.

Pete

Andy Drefs January 25th, 2006 02:18 PM

Translator

I have a great translator for your Spanish portion of the project. His name is Pat Ryan and you can reach him at 262.903.5300, or at tlcinfo@quixnet.net. (TLC stands for the language center by the way). If you need a female voice his wife is a Chilean native who can also speak Portuguese.

Andy Drefs January 25th, 2006 02:25 PM

V/O artist

Hello Pasi,

My name is Andy Drefs, I live outside of Milwaukee, WI and have been a voice over pro for years. In addition I'm an editor and have the full Adobe suite including Audition. The only challenge you may have with me though is that I'm 40, still hip of course, just a little older than you specified is all.

If you're still looking let me know...

I can also be reached by phone at 414.839.1575

Steve Leary January 25th, 2006 02:29 PM

Wanted: Freelance Outdoor Cameramen

My name is Steve Leary and I'm a producer at Babe Winkelman Productions. Babe has been a pioneer in the Outdoor Industry for 26 years. We're always looking for good freelance help. Drop me a note if you're interested in potentially doing some freelance camera work in the Outdoor's World sometime in the near future. We're looking for people with gear and without, since we have gear of our own.

sleary@winkelman.com

Andy Drefs January 25th, 2006 02:44 PM

HDV camera, editor, V/O talent in Milwaukee

To whomever may be interested I'd like to offer my services for either videography with a JVC GR-HD1, stills with a Canon 8.1 Mpxl Digital-Rebel, editing on the full Adobe Suite (Premiere, Audition, Encore, Photoshop & After Effects) as well as voice-over work (which I've done for years).

Andy Drefs
InSight Multimedia, Inc.
3235 N. 124th St.
Brookfield, WI 53005

Andy Drefs January 25th, 2006 03:10 PM

Adam,

My name is Andy Drefs and I'm in Milwaukee. I have a JVC GR-HD1, the full Adobe production suite, and I've been in the talent/modeling business since 1984. I've also written and produced a number of corporate pieces and my partner and I have two animated and some film projects in the works. Let me know if any of my abilities might be of interest.

Andy Drefs
InSight Multimedia, Inc.
Brookfield, WI 53005

Adam Rench January 25th, 2006 03:25 PM

Hey Andy!

I'm always looking for help. We are in the process of writing two short films and if you would like to get some more experience, let me know. Shoot me an email using this message board or visit. www.bohoc.org and you can also get my email from there too.

Mark Argerake January 26th, 2006 01:02 PM

Moviemark DVD wants your indie shorts!

Not sure if this post fits in here, but I couldn't think of a better one....

Hello Everyone,

Moviemark DVD wants your indie shorts! As our first distribution project for 2006 we decided to gather up some top notch independent short films and package them together for release. There are some amazing indie filmmakers out there with some top notch short films they've done that have limited place to go. Here is an opportunity to get this work out there.

The current plan is to have the DVD professionally authored and press a short run of 1000 DVDs. Initially the DVD will be available through the Moviemark DVD website along with Amazon, Conventions and some small online venders of indie material. Contributors will also get a small stack that they can sell or distribute anyway they would like.

Accepting any genre, but looking for original concepts. Also, good sound, look and acting is a plus.

Tentatively to be early released this summer, but a submission deadline has not been set, so please don't wait in case we decide to move up the release.

Send non-returnable NTSC VHS or DVDs can be sent to:

Moviemark DVD, Inc.
Attn: SHORTS
PO Box 891089
Temecula, CA 92589-1089

Please don't send me email attachments with your submissions. Also, please make sure to include your contact information. Thanks!

Questions or comments please send an email to: webmaster@moviemarkdvd.com

If there is good response from filmmakers and consumers, I am hoping to make this an annual release.

Brandon T Jackson January 26th, 2006 01:50 PM

interested in the june shoot

T.J.,
Wow I keep running into you! (I have responded to your email by the way) My dvc30's will ship in a week and I am available if you need me. Your email gave me an idea. Look for work on here so either way I've gained from you. Thanks

Don Donatello January 26th, 2006 01:59 PM

to be clear = there is NO $$ pay for the short ..

pay would be the copies that you give to filmmakers? and they can do WHATEVER they like with those copies ( sell them , distribute them , put them at netflix ? ) ... one thing that comes up is COPYRIGHT !! who owns copyright to the short and if you have a period to use the short for your run it seems that you have NO control over how each persons sells/distrubutes their stack of DVD 's which just might interfere with copyright per individual IE: say i strike a deal with PBS to use the whole DVD for X $$ plus give them rights for 10 years ( you did state "they can sell (DVD) or distribute anyway they would like.") = i keep all the $$ and i just signed away rights to PBS ?for whole DVD ...

Mark Argerake January 26th, 2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Donatello
to be clear = there is NO $$ pay for the short ..

pay would be the copies that you give to filmmakers? and they can do WHATEVER they like with those copies ( sell them , distribute them , put them at netflix ? ) ... one thing that comes up is COPYRIGHT !! who owns copyright to the short and if you have a period to use the short for your run it seems that you have NO control over how each persons sells/distrubutes their stack of DVD 's which just might interfere with copyright per individual IE: say i strike a deal with PBS to use the whole DVD for X $$ plus give them rights for 10 years ( you did state "they can sell (DVD) or distribute anyway they would like.") = i keep all the $$ and i just signed away rights to PBS ?for whole DVD ...

Hi Don - I had to read this a couple times before I understood where you were coming from. For starters I think you misinterpreted the word 'distribute'. I was not refering to the filmmaker cutting a distribution deal, I was using the term in its literal context as in 'decide who they want to give it away to'. The rights to the DVD as a whole stay with Moviemark DVD for x years. The filmmaker would only be granting Moviemark DVD the rights for this DVD only. The rights of the individual shorts stay with the filmmaker so they can do what ever they want with their film, but have no rights to try and get a distributoin deal with the DVD as a whole. I've got a call into my lawyer to help me word the specific terms of the agreement and will post it here when I hear back from him. Feel free to shoot me an email or post any other specific questions or concerns.

Brandon T Jackson January 27th, 2006 01:19 AM

perhaps me

I will be 21 this March. I also have a sligtly older sounding voice as I smoke...I know. What kind of equipment is necessary. I'll be getting some stuff soon...

Brandon T Jackson January 27th, 2006 01:26 AM

I know a guy...

I have a friend in Columbus, Indiana. He is great at graphics and understands after effects. If you still haven't found your guy I could set you up with him contact info. Let me know at brandonjackson@cnz.com as I probably won't be back to this one.

Brandon T Jackson January 27th, 2006 01:41 AM

I need a website.

I'm looking for something relatively simple for now. If anyone is willing to produce a modern looking videography business website for not much, I could use you.

K. Forman January 27th, 2006 06:15 AM

Brandon- I have the time to do your site. If you like, take a look at my site, and if you're interested, shoot me an email.

Cemil Giray January 27th, 2006 09:39 AM

Birmingham, Alabama help needed

I'm coming into Birmingham on 27 Feb 06. I'll be filming a class at the university for one of our films. We're shooting on DVX100A PAL. We have our own equipment but if we could get one or two extra camera ops that would help out. We're thinking of making it a two or three camera job.
Anyone?

Peter Ferling January 30th, 2006 09:30 AM

Thanks for the reference Andy.

Andy Drefs January 30th, 2006 10:11 AM

You bet Peter! I hope that you give Pat a call, he's one of the funniest people I know. Sort of like a 6' 7", 250 pound version of Robin Williams (I'm not exagerating, he's really that big!) and he's very, professional when it comes to his work. You will not be disappointed. He currently provides translation services to courthouses, attorney's and hospitals all around the Milwaukee area.

Dave Herring January 30th, 2006 11:24 AM

Call Mira Beck

www.weddings.bayfrontproductions.com

He can help you with the Czech.

Peter Ferling January 30th, 2006 02:10 PM

Thanks Dave. (I don't have much help here locally for the Czech). Soon as I figure get the details I will be in touch.

Guest January 31st, 2006 12:44 AM

I am more than willing and able to design you a website.... if you want to take a look at my site i designd... send me an email

Keith Luken January 31st, 2006 06:42 AM

Its that time again.. Looking for possible second shooter in ATL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Luken
I'm just starting out and I may have a gig shooting a school varity show, I want to give them 2 camera angles. I am looking for someone in Atlanta (Roswell area) that might be willing to do some shooting, money is not great but will be good for a newbie looking to get some expierience. I am using a GL2 so woudl love to find someone with a GL2 or GL1 so the images can blend best, but beggers can't be choosers. Drop me an e-mail if you are interested. Shoot is Feb. 20 2004, in evening I still am getting all the details worked out.

Keith

sales@atlantadigitalmedia.com

I have been asked back for the same gig, to shoot a school variety show. It is Friday February 10. I beleive it is 7pm and will probably last 2-3 hours. I prefer someone with a Canon GL2 or GL1, or XLx to make mixing footage a bit easier, but will consider any 3 sensor camera. I will be capturing sound directly from their sound board onto a MD so your audio setup is not that important, although capturing some of the ambient sound is preferred so I can mix that into the rear channels. All you really need is a camera, tripod and patience to stand in the back of an auditorium for 3 hours. Contact me if interested I need to give them a repsonse by the end of this week (2/4).

K. Forman January 31st, 2006 06:49 AM

Gee... I thought you fell through the cracks! How ya doing Keith?

Keith Luken January 31st, 2006 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Gee... I thought you fell through the cracks! How ya doing Keith?

Doing good, got side tracked by my still photography and work. have not done much video work, an occasional wedding, then the school called yestrday and asked if I could shoot the show again.

Tomas Chinchilla January 31st, 2006 07:21 AM

Keith, I sent you an email but it came back undeliverable.

What's the best way to contact you?