DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Brent Marks April 4th, 2006 12:54 AM

Looking for HDV/hi-def producers

Looking for other HDV Hi-Def independant producers...

If you shoot HDV... contact me via e-mail.

Thanks.

Leo Pepingco April 4th, 2006 02:16 AM

I live in Oz, and Just started shooting docos.... does that count?
*Its a half joke and half serious answer*

Tim Borek April 4th, 2006 10:56 AM

DVX100 widescreen adapter wanted Indianapolis

I'm looking to rent a PANASONIC AG-LA7200G anamorphic adapter (just the lens, not the camera). Please contact me with rates and availability.

Thanks,

T.J.

Dave Frank April 9th, 2006 03:56 AM

Makeup Needed: 4/10/06 (Los Angeles)

Makeup artist needed for simple non-union infomercial shoot on Monday(4/10/06). Very simple work, just touching up faces, nothing fancy.

$50 for day including kit rental, and copy of final product

I know this isn't a makeup forum, but if you might know someone in the LA area who might be available, pass along the info.

Please send resumés to df@sevenpictures.com

Thanks!

-David Frank
"Seven Pictures"

Heath McKnight April 9th, 2006 08:53 PM

Need DV footage: night lightning

Does anyone have lightning video at night? I can't find a tape that has lightning footage I shot for a film four years ago. So much for organization! Let me know if you have it.

I'll give credit! The movie:

http://homepage.mac.com/hmcknight/iMovieTheater11.html

I know the compression stinks, that's why I am re-linking clips by re-capturing. The original footage was lost when a LaCie drive failed. One of several, actually.

Thanks,

hwm
heath@mpsdigital.com

Steven Gotz April 10th, 2006 01:36 PM

I wish I had known a couple of days ago. We had some really great lightning Saturday night. I just didn't bother to capture it.

Heath McKnight April 10th, 2006 02:06 PM

We had small lightning hits outside of West Palm Beach last night, but nothing great. And my soon-to-be-ex-HD10 isn't that great.

heath

Saturnin Kondratiew April 10th, 2006 04:40 PM

anyone??? dont make me go to dvxuser.com lol

Tim Borek April 11th, 2006 07:03 AM

Nevermind. I bought one.

Moderator,

Please delete this topic. It's no longer applicable.

T.J.

Michael Gottino April 12th, 2006 05:55 PM

Need Camerman w/ RedRock Micro M2 35mm adapter in Orlando..NOW!

We begin shooting a 35 minute short film Tuesday the 18th and running through the 23rd and need a RedRock Micro M2 35mm adapter.

The cameraman that was providing the adapter unfortunatly became unavalaible as of today.

We need a cameraman as well with DVXb on the 18th and 23rd. We would be willing to rent the adapter for the entire shoot. There is pay and credit.

Email NOW! Thanks!

Arnold English April 13th, 2006 06:55 AM

Position is filled

Gary McClurg April 13th, 2006 01:18 PM

I posted again on this thread... but thought I'd post here as well...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...springfield+mo

That's the link to the other thread...

Quickly thinking of doing a feature around Springfield this summer... so looking for crew... or help so thought I'd post information again...

You can go to the Missouri Ozark Guy thread and see more information...

Who knows this maybe cross posting on two different threads... so if I'm doing it... I'm sorry...

Just wanted to get the information out there around the Missouri area...

Gary

Kevin Crockett April 14th, 2006 07:25 AM

Videographer needed in Ft. Lauderdale on April 19th

I need a videographer with a 3CCD camera or equivalent (A1U) for a shoot in Ft. Lauderdale.

The event is a day in the life of the Broward Sheriffs Office Aviation unit and will consist os a few interviews, some helicopter flights, and recording the activities of the unit.

If you're interested please contact me.

Scott Hayes April 14th, 2006 09:10 AM

Lightstands needed, Las Vegas May 15-17

I have a possible job coming up out there, and rather than travel with
all that stuff, I was wondering if anyone has a couple of light stands
I could rent for a couple days. At this point, it would be easier to rent
vs shipping to and fro. Thanks!

Derrick A.Jones April 16th, 2006 04:40 PM

the dialog is pretty good. I'm liking the interaction between the two. i think the script was written very carfully. so good job on that. now as for the quality im not going to say anything about the compression cause we all know you loose quality when you compress files anyways. but im looking at something bigger. Your lighting is off in a lot of shot. i can see you fiddling with the irus in the middle of a shot when the picture goes from dim to bright. and your lights whatever you used i can see a huge glare in the shot where the camera is point. those are small details that means a lot when someone who knows video is watching everything else seems to be pretty good. Just work on your 2 and 3 point lighting and you should be okay. - pz

Good Film man

Heath McKnight April 16th, 2006 07:31 PM

Thanks for the critique! The compression is horrible, because Final Cut's QuickTime Conversion is garbage.

It's a dogme 95 movie with a story that is all adlibbed, but the ideas were there. We didn't decide on a happy or sad ending until we shot it.

Half those lightning shots were corrupted and deleted and I have no idea where the tape is. My former methods of labeling left something to be desired.

Thanks,

heath

Bruce S. Yarock April 16th, 2006 08:25 PM

Kevin.
I emailed you the info you requested.I hope to see you on Wednesday.
Bruce Yarock

Greg Boston April 16th, 2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight
Thanks for the critique! The compression is horrible, because Final Cut's QuickTime Conversion is garbage.

It's a dogme 95 movie with a story that is all adlibbed, but the ideas were there. We didn't decide on a happy or sad ending until we shot it.

Half those lightning shots were corrupted and deleted and I have no idea where the tape is. My former methods of labeling left something to be desired.

Thanks,

heath

How much do you need? I may have a little bit somewhere around here. I remember shooting it in my back yard.

-gb-

Heath McKnight April 16th, 2006 09:19 PM

I've got some footage from Daniel Ceccorull. Thanks, everyone!

heath

Mike Teutsch April 16th, 2006 10:09 PM

Kevin,

Let me know what you need. I have several cams, and a free day. I will be flying out of town on the 20th, but I'll be here on the 19th. I have an XL2 and a XL1s, and I am an ex-cop myself, and also an Army trained Helecopter Crew Chief, Vietnam era.

Best of luck----Mike

Heath Vinyard April 17th, 2006 10:35 AM

DP Needed for Short

Any up and coming DP's out there want to volunteer a day to help shoot a short for everyone's reel? I'm officially testing out my camera gear (JVC HD100) and workflow this coming Sunday and just looking for some volunteers to get together and shoot 6 pages to have some fun and get some footage for the DP/actor's reels.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. Food will be provided.
Thanks.

Bruce S. Yarock April 17th, 2006 02:52 PM

Damm, Mike...you have an illustrious past!
Bruce Yarock

Mike Teutsch April 17th, 2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock
Damm, Mike...you have an illustrious past!
Bruce Yarock

Ya, put that with a $1.50 and I can get a cup of coffee!

Mike

Bradley D Barber April 20th, 2006 10:41 AM

DV NLE needed.

Our production company, Hanna's House Productions, is looking for someone with NLE system and experience to complete two projects we are shooting. The pay is low but plenty of creative freedom and potential for future work is very good.

E-mail me at bradleybrbr@yahoo.com if youare interested.

Thanks

Barry Gribble April 20th, 2006 06:04 PM

DC Area DP and Editor needed for 48 Hour film team

Hey guys,

I've had a great 48 Hour Film Project team the last two years, but this year my DP is out of town and my editor is working, so I'm recruiting for both.

For those not in the know, the 48 Hour Film Project (http://www.48hourfilm.com) has teams make a 7 minute film start to finish in 48 hours.

This year the dates are May 5-7. For the DP that means shooting Saturday May 6, 8AM - 6PM or so. For the editor that means starting the cut as we shoot and staying up extremely late (or forever) on that Saturday editing, and then finishing it off on Sunday.

This year we have a great bunch of actors and support people. It will definitely be blast.

We are looking for top caliber people here. My DP last year had about 20 years experience, and the editor was a full-time pro, so I'm spoiled. We also have some novices as well as PAs and grips, etc. The underlying theme is that we have a blast while doing good work.

Let me know if you are interested... post, or click on my name to email me.

Our film from 2 years ago is on-line here: http://www.joyhaynes.com/images/48hr.wmv

Thanks...

Dave Frank April 20th, 2006 09:20 PM

Email sent. :)

-David Frank
info@sleeptightmovie.com

Raza Ahmad April 21st, 2006 10:34 AM

Would like to borrow footage...

Hi.

I'm helping a friend out with her senior project in dance... it's a short, 7 minute piece, and our budget was zero.

Well, ideas come, and we've gone over that already with purchases of green clotch, DV tape, some lighting equipment, a tarp, etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line, I was wondering if anyone out there had a vault of stock footage (their own or commercially procured) that I could borrow from, for nothing more than good will and the fact that I will owe you a favour forever...

It's not going to be a commercially traversing piece at all, just something for her to show her advisors and get graded on, and then get buried in a portfolio pile somewhere to look back nostalgically on... Obviously the donator would receive credit in any way they would like...

Anyway... Here's a list of the footage I was hoping to stumble upon, if you have anything of this sort, I will love you forever if you drop me a line:

1. Footage of cherry blossoms.
2. Footage of a creek.
3. Close up of water flowing in stream or creek.
4. Japanese/Korean landscapes/cityscapes/foodscapes/peoplescapes/artscapes.
5. Morning glories.
6. Cranes (the birds, not the machines).

The piece is only 7 minutes long so even like a little bit of material can get us a long way...

I live in the Los Angeles area and will drive out to wherever is convenient to you if you would like to help us out...

If you're further away and would like to help us out maybe we could still work something out, thanks to the magic of the internet.

Thanks so much in advance...

Raza
rahmad AT gmail DOT com

K. Forman April 22nd, 2006 12:13 AM

Anybody have some dove footage to share?

I am sure there are several wedding videographers, who have a decent 4 or 5 second clip of the white doves being released. Would anybody care to let me use it?

Bruce S. Yarock April 22nd, 2006 01:20 AM

Hey Keith,
How about some seagulls? Only kidding...
How's everything up there?
Bruce Yarock

K. Forman April 22nd, 2006 02:01 AM

Anxiously awaiting the sale of my house, and the new stuff at Nab... :)
In the meantime, I got a website to do, and want to do a nice animated intro for it. How's it down there?

Bruce S. Yarock April 22nd, 2006 05:16 AM

We're starting to get a bit more (paying) work.
What are you looking for at NAB?
Bruce Yarock

Scott Hayes April 22nd, 2006 09:21 AM

damn, is there no one here with a coupe extra stands? well
3 stands. I will pay cash.

K. Forman April 22nd, 2006 09:59 AM

JVC HD250, and maybe a better way to capture live stuff. the HD100 was prtty close to what I want, the 250 should do it... if it's still affordable.

Brad Schreiber April 22nd, 2006 02:59 PM

Sound Man for XLH1 Shoot

I will be doing a four day shoot with 2 XLH1's in mid-May, I'm looking for a Sound Mixer who can provide own equipment. Reccomendations would be appreciated. The shoot is in Los Angeles. Please send resumes to: rojanproductions@hotmail.com

Bradley D Barber April 23rd, 2006 10:07 AM

DV NLE found!

We have found what we need. Than you all for responding! What a great community.

Bradley

Aviv Hallale April 23rd, 2006 12:17 PM

Jeremy Rochefort

Hi Jeremy,

I've noticed that you've disabled the function for me to E-mail you through the site, but I'd be honoured to correspond with you in regards to business ideas, maybe you could help me out a bit with some advice from a local?
If so, please E-mail me at; VampiricYouth@Gmail.com

Thanks!

Aviv

Jeremy Rochefort April 24th, 2006 03:20 PM

Enabled now

Daniel Reynoso April 25th, 2006 09:09 AM

Manual for sony vx3

Hello does anyone have a manual for the sony vx3 hi8 camera? I was wondering if someone could photocopy me some of the more inportant features. I bought the camera off ebay and of course its used so no manual. It is the first camera I am using that has all the manual features. It is a bit daunting to try and learn to use it with out instructions. I tried Sony web site but can't find any help there.

Thanks guys

Daniel

Jim Bacus April 25th, 2006 11:59 AM

Call for 2nd camera- Sao Paulo

Call for 2nd camera shooters!
We are looking for DVX and/or HVX shooters around May 15th-30th for a shoot we are doing in Sao Paulo. Other Video Cameras welcome also + Still photos all welcome.

We will be flying in from London and will make arrangements to meet you once we arrive.

Please contact us NOW for details so we can get everything planned in advance.

General Shooting Address= Rua do Consolaçao, Area - Jardins, Sao Paulo (SP), Brazil

(Its right up the street from Oscar Freire- a huge shopping area)

The movie is outlined here:

http://www.kagimedia.com/TrainingVid...SCO/Disco.html

Contact us now at: discod@kagimedia.com

or call Jon Kagi

London Cell: 011 44 + (0)773 727-1489
USA Rate to London: (206) 331-4684
Skype User: kagimedia

Lisa Bennett April 27th, 2006 10:52 PM

Planning a commercial and may need a DP with gear

I'm in pre on a commercial in Central FL area. I'm using the HD100U(A). Posting this note a little early but I may be needing a DP with gear and knowledge of the HD100U to assist. Unfortunately, at the time of this post it's a no pay, just food and a copy. Can shoot it in a day. Very basic shots but want the widescreen, filmlook. Since there is a chance that I will be needing a DP, I wanted to post to see if there would be any interest. Lighting is of course so important and I prefer to have someone to help than me attempt to wear too many hats.

All projects in the planning stage are Christian/family oriented. In the future to be shot is a true story documentary and a 30 minute program idea that I am exploring.

Anyway, drop me a note if you can help or just to converse.

Best,
Lisa