DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Charles Perkins August 6th, 2006 12:09 PM

i've emailed you

Alex Calderhead August 6th, 2006 02:38 PM

2nd XL2 camera needed

I am filming a live gig in Stonehaven, Scotland on the 19th August and although I could probably get away with one camera it would be better with two.

I am looking for the owner of an XL2 to assist in filming this Celtic band live.

Drop me an email for more info.

Cheers.

Joey Dee August 6th, 2006 03:48 PM

Hey mates....

The editing simple mates, i mean I want color correction, want to get that dark "guy ritchie look (Snatch, Lock Stock)"

Also fast cuts for my flash back shots - while the dialogue is going on we cut to these shots which are images to reiterate the dialogue
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...talk/page6.jpg

And the only major style of editing is "Twixtor" Im not sure if your familiar with twixtor, it's a plug in that speeds/slows the speed of film look at this example: beautiful 1 shot clip no cuts and looks fantastic mate!
http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtor/YDKM-10M.mpg

And thats' pretty much it... Im not into heavy graphics, we'll have credits roll @ the end, it's a 10minute short (including credits) shot on Panasonic HVX 200 16:9...

The Storyboard is fantastic, i worked with a storyboard artist for a month and it looks great. The Story itself is great but i dont think its appropriate to post the script & storyboard in public, no?

I mean I really would like to find a great editor to work with on this project, but this is the first time i seek for one online so I dont know how or what are the procedures i guess!

Many thanks,
Joey Dee

Ron Williams August 6th, 2006 08:53 PM

wow so i guess no one is willing to just let me be a fly on the wall - i dont for see me taking any business from anyone - i just would like to see how its all done.

Sheldon Blais August 7th, 2006 08:12 AM

Looking for work in Massachusetts

Sony VX2100. Sony Vegas 6.0d.

Please e-mail me via my profile if you need a 2nd shooter or have an extra wedding gig or two.

Samples and references available.

Thanks.

Beth Dill August 7th, 2006 12:44 PM

Birmingham, AL shooters needed Sept. 23

Large scale wedding -- will pay $$ for experience and own equipment. Lemme know -- thanks!

Dominic Biondi August 8th, 2006 11:43 AM

looking for a post-production schedule

I'm looking for a template for a post-production schedule...it's a 13-episode half-hour show....broken down into weeks and days, Edit 1 and Edit 2, etc...

anyone?

George Ellis August 8th, 2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth Dill
Large scale wedding -- will pay $$ for experience and own equipment. Lemme know -- thanks!

I may not have enough wedding experience for you as I have done 1 (shoot to post). VX2100, Beachtek DXA-8, AT835ST or AT ATW R100/T101. Glidecam 2000 also. See profile for website.

Ron Williams August 8th, 2006 07:49 PM

ok thanks anyways

Denis Danatzko August 9th, 2006 09:03 AM

I'm too new at this to offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Williams
wow so i guess no one is willing to just let me be a fly on the wall - i dont for see me taking any business from anyone - i just would like to see how its all done.

ron,
don't get discouraged. I'll be using my HVX for a freebie shoot next week, but I'll only be shooting to miniDV, so it certainly wouldn't be what I perceive you're looking for, i.e. a good example of the P2 workflow. Besides, it's a freebie shoot and I'm so new at this, I'm afraid what you'd be most likely to see is my mistakes. (I expect that, at least, I'll learn a lot).

Don't give up yet.

Michael Gottino August 9th, 2006 09:53 AM

XL2 Owner needed for 2 hour gig in Lakeland, FL (tampa/orlando)

I am shooting a live event on Friday Aug 11th at 6 PM and need a Canon XL2 owner to come for 2 hours. Just need to rent the camera and have you assist with jib.

I am a jib operator and will be flying the camera on an EZFX 10ft jib with Varizoom hothead. I have a Panasonic but would like to match the clients other cameras which are XL2's. Good opportunity to make a quick 100 bucks. Easy work and paid at the end of the gig.

I am pretty easy going and and like to have fun while shooting. Please no egos or flakes and be professional.

Thanks!

Barry Gribble August 10th, 2006 09:31 AM

Need DC-Area DPs, August 20, September 9-10

I need DP's for two upcoming projects:

August 20
Short Film
I would love to have a DP who uses a 35mm adpator on a DV camera to shoot an 8 minute short. If not, someone with a 2/3" chip camera would be great. Or if you can put together nice, cinematic images in an outdoor shoot using DV I'd still love to hear from you.

September 9-10
Web Series
This will be the pilot shoot for a web series. I need someone with a lot of experience shooting handheld, with the psuedo-reality show look of Arrested Development or The Office. This could lead to monthly shoots after this. We'll be shooting the first 2-3 five minute episodes of the show at two locations.

Both projects have great scripts with great actors attached. Our aim on both projects is to put together a first rate product, and to have fun while we do it. I like DP's who treat the frame as art, but who can also move quickly.

Please email me your info, and a link to a demo reel if you have it on line. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tucker Wright August 10th, 2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Gribble

August 20
Short Film
I would love to have a DP who uses a 35mm adpator on a DV camera to shoot an 8 minute short. If not, someone with a 2/3" chip camera would be great. Or if you can put together nice, cinematic images in an outdoor shoot using DV I'd still love to hear from you.

I have an XL2 and Letus35XL Enhanced. This is a new system for me so my Demo reel is not developed at this time. I had been shooting some on 16mm Film but in recent years I have been focusing on Photography. You can get an idea of my composition and photographic skills at my website:

http://seenosun.com

I recently took some sample shots with the XL2 / letus35XL Enhanced for the DVi forum. It utilizes a preset I use to get a pretty decent film look. It recieved a great response from other members. You will see a link to the sample video footage on seenosun.com but I recommend viewing the footage by hitting the following link. The server is a little faster and it utilizes a longer clip with a larger viewing window. The shot was thrown together very quickly and was intended to show the DOF of the adapter. If I had shot a second take I would have changed the compostion slightly.

It can be viewed at:
http://65.36.225.68/theater_redirect.htm

I would be interested in taking a look at the script and discussing some more details about the shoot on August 20th. My email is MW@seenosun.com

Zulkifli Yusof August 11th, 2006 12:43 AM

Music Composer needed!

Hi

I'm in urgent need of a music composer to work on an original score for a student short 16mm film (2-3mins). The edit is almost done and we have included a scratch track for reference. Our deadline is in 2 weeks so anyone interested do give me an email!

Thanks
zul.lee.yusof@gmail.com

Nate Fields August 11th, 2006 11:55 PM

where to look for actors?

where is a good place to start looking for actors?
they have to be local. i heard that if you go to local colleges you can find actors willing to work for free just so they can put it on their resume.
please give some good leads and advice.
thank u!!

Emre Safak August 12th, 2006 02:47 AM

mandy.com and craigslist.org

Denis Danatzko August 12th, 2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Fields
...if you go to local colleges you can find actors willing to work for free just so they can put it on their resume.

If you have a low - or no - budget, this could work well. Try contacting someone at the college's "School of Arts". However, remember, you're working with students who are/will be strapped by classes.

School will be starting soon, but if you hurry, and are ready for the beginning of this semester or next, you might even be able to convince a professor or 2 to allow some of the students to use the work as an independent study course. If you can find an interested student(s) and a willing professor, the student could also gain academic credit as well as credits in the production.

Good luck.

Tucker Wright August 12th, 2006 10:54 AM

There are alot of good actors that work in local community theater. I got involved in a hybrid Community / College Theater in my area and have had three really cool parts in their last three productions. I'm auditioning for a fourth show this September. This not only helps me build relationships with actors but gives me an opportunity to see if they are easy to work with. Some are great, very open to ideas, work with an ensemble well, etc... Others are extreme Divas that I wouldn't hire if they paid me.

Nate Fields August 12th, 2006 11:27 AM

thanks for all the advice

David Perrine August 12th, 2006 04:37 PM

Sites

Update:

No progress on the sites so far.

Tim Hyten August 14th, 2006 03:06 PM

DP/Cinematographer/Makeup/Sound needed!

Hello,
We're doing a two day shoot for a horror film festival. We already have some great actors/crew attached to this project, but are in need of a few more. Let me know if you're interested, or if you know somebody else that might be.

We need the following positions filled.

Cinematographer (DP)
Makeup
Sound guy
Composer

2 day shoot, filming Sept. 8th, in the High Desert area of California (1 1/2 hours from Los Angeles towards Barstow/Vegas)

Digitalhourent@hotmail.com
Email me w/ rates etc.

Brian Wells August 14th, 2006 10:27 PM

Nate-

I think you should get involved in a local filmmaking group and do some networking first! Try IndianapolisFilm.NET and offer to help on a group project. You'll learn all of the mistakes that lo/no budget producers make (such as not taking care of people and then losing everyones interest...) and how to avoid making the same mistakes so you can develop a good reputation for yourself. Reputation is key in small midwest film communities. I suggest waiting a little while before making your own films, or at least start with something VERY short, like a 30 second spot or a one minute movie. The lesson to learn here is that progress as a filmmaker comes from completing projects on time no matter what, learning what you did wrong, and then doing it all over again! It's really, really hard to complete anything longer than a couple of minutes, even with "highly committed talent." Things come up, and people walk. There are talented actors in the area who would love to be involved in well organized productions that make them look good and actually get finished. But, you just can't afford not to finish a project. So, try getting involved in someone else's project, learn from their mistakes, make contacts, and then call on them when it's time for you to make your own short film. Ok, So that's not exactly the answer to your question. Try IndianaActors.com... Just remember to start small. That's my advice to you, sir. Sincerely, Brian Wells

Tip McPartland August 15th, 2006 12:47 PM

Where exactly and which two days?

Tim,

Could you clarify where in the high desert area your shoot is, and since it is a "2-day shoot filming September 8th" I assume that your mean 7th and 8th or 8th and 9th. Which is it?

I also sent you a private e-mail.

Tip McPartland

Danny Natovich August 15th, 2006 01:04 PM

Still need another helping hand for IBC.

Djee Smit August 15th, 2006 02:04 PM

I might be able to help you out, have to check my schedule. (shooting with canon xl1) I'll let you know tomorrow if that's ok , and otherwise i'd might know some other guys to help you out

Danny Natovich August 15th, 2006 02:30 PM

Thats good, I prefare local guys, Let me know.

Tim Hyten August 15th, 2006 03:04 PM

Hey Tip,
The 8th and 9th. It is in Victorville.

For some reason I did not get your email.

try this address.

slimsfn@hotmail.com

Thanks, Tim.

Ronald Lee August 15th, 2006 06:10 PM

WTD: shooter in Vancouver for August 19 and 20

Hi there!

Is anyone free this weekend? I am doing some video shooting of a martial arts seminar for both mornings and afternoons and would love someone to help. Actually to operate the camera.

The topic of the day is tai chi, and how to push people very far, and how to move people without touching them. Sounds strange I know, but this is all from a martial context.

If you are interested in helping this Saturday and Sunday, August 19 and 20, please email me at eb7g@shaw.caNOSPAM.

Ronald

Tim Gray August 16th, 2006 10:13 AM

On our last project we posted messages up at the local colleges. Most of the replies we got flaked out at some point. The dependable ones came from a local theater group.

One place that might be interesting is meetup.com. I just went to a Philly filmmakers meeting that was organized on that site. Several actors came up to us and asked if we had anything going on that they could work on.

Djee Smit August 17th, 2006 09:18 AM

I'm afraid , and I'm not going to make it. I can only be there one day, and that day I'm going to check IBC out. I'm sorry. I do try to drop by, I would like to check your rigs out, they look good

Danny Natovich August 17th, 2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djee Smit
I'm afraid , and I'm not going to make it. I can only be there one day, and that day I'm going to check IBC out. I'm sorry. I do try to drop by, I would like to check your rigs out, they look good

OK Djee, see you at the show.

Can you think of other way to offer the job to Amsterdam shooters ? A Dutch forum or a local film school...

Djee Smit August 17th, 2006 11:15 AM

you could try this, www.filmvacatures.nl (dutch for 'film vacancy') it's a site of a dutch film and television organisation. Normally if you post a message, you get a lot of reactions. A lot of people involved in tv and stuff get on that site regularly. I believe it cost 1,30 euro for a message.

If you need any help just say so.(the site is in dutch, but you can post an English message) you can mail me throgh my profile

Eric Schumacher August 17th, 2006 02:46 PM

Looking for 1-man camera crew addition with an interest in Drag Racing (Columbus, OH)

Hey guys,
We are a new video production company called PowerTV. We are covering extensive video coverage of every NMRA & NMCA drag race with same-day video updates throughout the weekend of the race. We will be out in Columbus, OH on August 31st - September 3rd for the 28th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA Ford Expo 2006 at National Trail Raceway. We are currently looking for race fans out there that have some experience with a video camera. Expenses paid! If you are interested please drop me an email and we can talk details. Check it out at nmratv.net.

David Lach August 18th, 2006 07:38 PM

Looking for some cameramen with own gear in the Montreal area

I posted this on Craig's list but I figured I'd let the fine people of this forum know too.

Basically I'm looking to put a list together of cameramen with their own camera in Montreal to work occasionally on some event gigs. Mostly concerts and shows shot with 2 to 4 cams.

I'm using XL2s myself so I will probably give priority to those with this cam, but anybody else with a decent cam can contact me.

I try to shoot most of my productions in 16:9 / 30p format so a camera with those features is a big plus, but I also shoot some 4:3 stuff from time to time.

What I said on Craig's list is I'm willing to offer around 40$ (CND) per hour with a minimum of 3 hour pay per production and I provide tape stock and extra gear.

Obviously this is not broadcast but low budget productions so there are limits to what I can pay and I'm not expecting to get the best guys in the industry at that price, but you still have to know what you're doing and have a good enough skill level for proper exposure, framing, focusing, stability, etc.

I might want to look at a short demo of your work, nothing fancy, just to judge your skills as a camera op. It can be a Web link though not ideal.

People interested can Email me or call me at 514-885-4799.

David

Amos Kim August 18th, 2006 08:00 PM

redrock m2 rental in SF

Anybody know of a rental house that has m2?

Michael Hendrix August 19th, 2006 04:49 AM

Wow, haven't heard that format in a while. You must have some old archive footage. I havent seen an M2 tape in over 10 years!

Phil Hover August 19th, 2006 10:29 AM

Need 2nd HVX/shooter for wedding in LA.

Hey,
I need someone saturday the 26th 2pm on for a wedding in palos verdes. 2nd cam for the ceremony - so just for a few hours. Must have the HVX200, tripod and some p2 cards. Laptop or p2 store to D/L footage is a plus but not necessary. Drop me an e-mail @ philip@soarproductions.com
This IS a paid gig.

Thanks-

Amos Kim August 19th, 2006 11:56 AM

I was referring to the redrock micro35 (m2) 35mm adaptor for video cameras. It allows you to attach 35mm film lenses on video cam.

Don Donatello August 19th, 2006 11:56 AM

are you looking for camera or deck?
if deck - you looking to copy to betaSp or digibeta or DVcam ??
or digitize ?

wooooooooooooops i too thought you wanted the panasonic M2 format ...

how does one DELETE a post ??

Michael Hendrix August 19th, 2006 02:03 PM

ooops, Don, I guess we are showing our age..... I mean experience.