DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Jack Foster June 22nd, 2006 08:55 AM

JVC HD100a Owner

Hi
I have a JVC HD100a, libec tripod, shure lav, umbrella lights, 100 watt on camera light, 11X27 green screen.
You can see my camera work online at http://www.jackfoster.com/camera.html
all done with the JVC GY300, haven't finished anything with the HD100a.
Jack

Pat Celec June 22nd, 2006 09:09 AM

Wedding Videogrpher

Hi Anthony,

I've had my own wedding video business for over twenty years now....I'm in Bucks County, PA, but travel is ok. Not sure what your rates are, but have my own gear, shooting on Sony mini-dv, PD-150's. Also have two sons who have been doing this a long time.

Let me know. Pat Celec

Miklos Philips June 22nd, 2006 06:03 PM

Addendum - Need HD100 owner-operators in LA 7/28-7/30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos Philips
Hi guys,

Looking to get a list of JVC HD100 (or compatible JVC HDV cameras, like the new HD200) owner/ operators in the LA area for shoots, where I might need a 2nd camera. I have one coming up at the end of July.

Please send me your gear list, resume, link to reel, vitals stats, etc.

Thanks!

OK. Since this project is still being formed here's an update from the Producers:

We have a low-budg production coming up at the end of July. Shooting from July 28-30 for 3 days. This production has some name people involved, including Josh Meyers in the cast (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0583570/), Yana Gorskaya, Oscar nom editor as part of the editing team (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1251520/) the Producers are only able to pay a small stipend of $50 / day for a second camera (plus meals/ credit/ copy). This is a 20 "mockumentary" production, shooting around Santa Monica and Beverly Hills. Not more than 10 hr days. Nothing fancy, we just need your second camera, tripod and you to operate it under the direction of the DP/ 1st camera. It will be submitted to festivals and used to raise money for the feature version. The production will re-hire the crew for the feature. (it's along the lines of "Waiting for Guffman")

Please send me your gear list, resume, link to reel, vitals stats, etc.

Thanks!

EMAIL TO pointzeropictures~at~gmail.com

Brian Duke June 23rd, 2006 01:43 AM

Need a DP for short with HD-100 and Mini35

Hey guys, I just finished a short with the HD-100 and Mini35. You can watch here: http://hd-motionpictures.com/TwistofFate.html

And I wrote another short tonight, which I will be shooting in the next few weeks, but since I am not a DP, except for exteriors, I need someone who has a good sense of lighting. Either a DP or a really good experienced grip that can make the scenes look beautiful.

You MUST know the HD_100, and it would REALLY be a plus if you know the Mini35 and understand the lighting issues it has. (Needs more light).

The short is a off beat twisted comedy and really fun. Good for your real, and possibly a good start for much more work to come. The shoot should be no more than 2 days in ONE location. Interior.

I am looking for someone reliable, professional, easy going (No egos please), creative, and functional.

I have ALL The gear including sound, so you need only yourself and experience. Ideal, would be someone who can operate a steadi/glidecam.

Contact me at info@hd-motionpictures.com and put DP/GRIP in subject box. There will be some pay, but not a fortune since it’s coming out of my pockets =)

Duke

Tony Warren June 23rd, 2006 04:24 AM

1st AC and Gaffer wanted for XLH1 movie

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a "guerilla" skilled gaffer and 1st AC for my up coming XLH1 horror movie entitled "Skinned". Production dates are July 9th - July 15th in the Los Angeles area. There is some pay which is negotiable.

Although this is a low budget indie feature we are sag, insured, with permits. All who apply should know this is a guerilla style feature with limited equipment but a very laid back fun loving crew. There are also several visual and make-up effects.

The story is about a disfigured painter who tries to pick up on bueatiful woman through his drawings, and when he's rejected paints a portrat of his victim which then comes to life killing all in it's path.

If intrested or for more info you may contact Tony at fan2cwld1@aol.com

Lowell Oswald June 23rd, 2006 10:10 PM

Affordable FLASH Web Design!

Hey everyone I've been getting a lot of requests for our flash development services so I decided to put out a message to everyone interested in getting a website for themselves.

You can visit my site at www.strillogy.com. There, choose 'services', then 'web design'. You can browse through thousands of designs that cover a variety of different areas. If you find one you like send me an email, mentioning you're from DVINFO and we can get you a website within a week (after I've received the content from you)

Prices start at just $150!

Here are some of our most recent examples...

www.madison76.com
www.skylineeventgroup.com
www.publishedpr.com
www.foreverweddingbands.com (still adding content)

*We can also do ecommerce/online payment sites in HTML/PHP or FLASH

-Lowell Oswald

Spike Spiegel June 24th, 2006 01:45 AM

JVC HD100a Camera owners needed in Northern California

Camera person with OWNERSHIP of a JVCHD100a AND solid experience needed for atleast 5 seperate locations in Northern and Southern California, experience is a must. Please forward resume and if possible links for reels posted on the web. Candidates must be willing to travel on weekends (leave Friday night and return Saturday or Sunday) and work atleast 8 hours a day behind a camera.

Great opportunity to build resume, travel and work on a guaranteed Televised project.

THIS IS A PAID JOB! Compensation: 300-500 DOE per day + food allowance+ housing + travel

Please contact: ronambrose@gmail.com

David Mintzer June 25th, 2006 12:03 AM

I would be happy to help but I live 20 miles north of the city and it would cost be money to drive down, park etc---its especially crazy during the 4th of July. I will be shooting some fireworks with my Z1 in my neck of the woods. You are welcome to that footage--Its actually a spectacular display---although not as huge as Macy's.

Charles Perkins June 25th, 2006 06:48 AM

xl h1 owner/operator looking for work in london,UK.

Hi, I’m looking for work in London UK during the next couple of month.

Paid or unpaid I don’t mind. I would prefer paid though, obviously.

I own an xl-h1 couple of batteries a 503 head with medve 766 aluminum legs.

I do have a job so I would have to work around that but a bit of flexibility is always there.

I also do editing work. To see an example of my work, look at www.verbierride.com and watch the video. That was don’t in just four days with basically no sleep, I’m better at it when I work properly.

Email me at chas@runjumpfly.net for more details.

Matt Gottshalk June 25th, 2006 11:49 AM

Shooters needed NoVa/DC Area

DV Shooters needed for corporate, and music-related multicamera shoots.

Need experienced operators for both News-style B-roll camera operation as well as one of a team of multicamera operators for music/concert recordings.

EXPERIENCED ONLY.

Must have reel of past work, experienced eye, good compositional skills and great troubleshooting abilities.

Experience with DVX100/HVX200 a plus. Experience with 24p production a real plus.

Heath McKnight June 25th, 2006 12:03 PM

Yeah, go ahead and shoot. This may be happening in Orlando now, anyway, but I could use some extra. Can you shoot in 50i with CineFrame 25? I'll buy the tape and pay for shipping.

Thanks,

heath

ps-email me privately: hmcknight@mac.com

K. Forman June 25th, 2006 12:05 PM

Heath- You want fireworks, just go to Disney on the 4th. I'm sure it will go off big.

Heath McKnight June 25th, 2006 12:51 PM

Don't know if we can sneak in a Z1 on sticks... :-P

heath

K. Forman June 25th, 2006 01:05 PM

It's like the drive ins man... you set up on the outside of the fence ;)

Heath McKnight June 25th, 2006 02:00 PM

Ha ha.

h

Heath Vinyard June 25th, 2006 07:09 PM

DP Needed in OC/LA CA - HD100 Exp

Need an experienced DP for 2 days in Aug for a marketing piece. Need someone who is experienced with the JVC HD100 camera and is able to pull focus and create a dark and gritty atmosphere.

Please let me know if you are, or know someone that his.
Thanks.

Ken Beals June 25th, 2006 07:27 PM

Although based in Phoenix have flying benefits that enables me to travel veeery low cost.

Although have worked with the Panasonic DVX100 and its 24P setting my personal gear and what am most proficient with is the Sony PD170.

My specialty is live music and Glidecam work.

My demo reel is not completed yet but here are a few links of work I've done of Musicians.

1) www.warehouseagency.com

click on "see more work" upper left corner. look for F5 (about 11th sample down)
when the e-card pops up click on "watch the video"

2) http://warehouseagency2.com/transfer...ow_preview.mov

may need to right click and save to desktop but well worth it !

3) www.myspace.com

click on Videos, in the search type : Brandon Reid

performed all of the glidecam work in that piece

My specialty and knack in recording live music is to grab the nuances of the performance in a stealth almost Ninja-like method using the glidecam, PD170 and wideangle lens.

I'm very comfortable and confident on stage with the Artists as well as staked out at a tripod mounted camera in a multi-camera shoot.

also am comfortable working cam under a Director doing events where there is live switching between multiple cameras.

best,

- Ken
480.678.1175 (cell)
ken.beals@gmail.com

Bryan McCullough June 26th, 2006 10:28 AM

Need a Sony FX1 or Z1 in Dallas on 6/27!

I rented my FX1 out and now I've got a shoot that's popped up tomorrow!

I've already shot some of this client's material with my FX1, so I'd like to be able to match it up. Otherwise I could just use a GL2 or something.

Does anyone have something to rent? Email me if you do:

bryan@617pg.com

Thanks!

Steven Gotz June 26th, 2006 10:29 AM

Sorry, but you know I moved to Florida. Otherwise, I would be happy to help out.

Bryan McCullough June 26th, 2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
Sorry, but you know I moved to Florida. Otherwise, I would be happy to help out.

Yeah, I looked at your site today to try and contact you and found out you moved!

Jerk. ;)

David Perrine June 26th, 2006 06:00 PM

First Dollar Gross

I was leaning toward first dollar gross, but you do have a point: that the issue is quite complex. I will get some advice on this, but, it will probably be either "first dollar gross" or "cash break even gross".

~David Perrine~

Jeff Sayre June 26th, 2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Perrine
I was leaning toward first dollar gross, but you do have a point: that the issue is quite complex. I will get some advice on this, but, it will probably be either "first dollar gross" or "cash break even gross".

Cash break-even gross in finance terms is called gross profit. It is calculated by taking gross revenue (receipts) and subtracting from that all direct project costs.

GR-DC = GP

All costs below this line are operating and indirect costs that cannot be directly attributed to the project. You need to know exactly how to calculate your direct costs to be able to come up with a true gross profit.

Rodrigo Gil Medina June 26th, 2006 10:00 PM

I need a rental house in GUADALAJARA.

Anyone knows of a rental house in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México?

Joshua Provost June 27th, 2006 12:05 AM

Short Film Shoot Opportunity 6/30

Matter of Chance has a short film shoot in central San Diego this Friday, all day. We are in need of a production assistant or two, mostly to help with bounce cards and general crew duties. We are using the DVX100B, dollies, cranes, and some pretty interesting cinematography techniques, including some day for night, so it could be an interesting learning experience for someone starting out, but also a lot of hard work. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks, and a cast/crew dinner will be provided. No cash or transportation, sorry.

If there are DVinfo.net'ers out there that have seen our films and would like to help out, please email me at joshprovost@yahoo.com and let me know a little about yourself.

Jeff Sayre June 27th, 2006 11:11 AM

Help wanted July 8-9 in South Bend, Indiana--YES!

Did I say Indiana and no less South Bend? Yes!!!! Your dreams have finally come true. A volunteer production job in the Midwest, in the middle of corn country. Line up now and early as we have only a few spots that need to be filled.

What
Taping of Episodes 3 and 4 of The Adventures of Thomas Brin

Please visit our movie site to learn more about this award-winning series: http://www.thomasbrin.com/.

This all started out as an entry in Dylan Couper's DVChallenge number 2, for which it won the Outstanding Visual Effects award-- http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=47997. We continued the story in DVC3. Now we are picking up where it left off and upping the anti--more time, better studio space, better lighting, better acting (we hope), and amazing new special effects--hey, I just got Shake 4.1 and I'm ready to roll.

Where
Sunny South Bend, Indiana. The new Mediterranean capital thanks to Global warming. My palm trees are growing just fine, thank you!

When
Saturday, July 8, 2006 and Sunday, July 9, 2006.

Help Needed
Crew: 1 or 2 grip positions, an on-set production assistant, a best boy
Actors: 3-4 minor, one scene, one line (or no line) actors. Above crew positions could also play these roles possibly.

Please Note
This is a learning opportunity. We are an all volunteer, no paid cast, crew, and producers. We are doing this to have fun and learn about making indie movies. In fact, we have no intention at this time to entry this in any competition--except maybe the new Emmy category for original, Internet-only content--hey, why not. I have spent a lot of money in this process and if it looks like future episodes may produce money, and then actually do, cast and crew will be compensated through some equitable means as yet to be decided.

However, our intention at this stage is not to make any money but just to learn. So, having said that, if you are interested in participating, or have always wanted to visit South Bend, Indiana, please email me.

Tip McPartland June 27th, 2006 05:26 PM

Gross

Not wanting to rely on my 20-year old and rather suspect memory, let alone putting anyone else in the position of relying on it, I found a link to a full set of entertainment industry "deal structure" terms and definitions, some of which are a little different from my recollections, but that is no surprise to me.

Anyway, the material at this link seems definitive.

http://marshallinside.usc.edu/mweins...structures.pdf

Enjoy.

Tip

Djee Smit June 28th, 2006 01:43 AM

Looking for (near)LA based small video production company

As stated in the title, I'm looking for a small video production company in or near LA. We're doing a Holland based production right now, were we follow a dutch upcoming musicstar who's going to record an album in LA. We're looking at the possibilitie to work with a company to do some production and filmwork in LA for us.

Austin R. Hartman June 28th, 2006 02:03 AM

Help me by taking a look...

...at my new site.
My name is Austin R. Hartman, but you will, and can, learn all of this and much more on my site that I just made. Please I would love your feedback on it.
http://web.mac.com/arhartman

check it out and feel free to e-mail me @:
arhartman@gmail.com

thanks a million.
cheers,
austin

Niels Neeskens June 28th, 2006 05:01 AM

Payment job?

Dear friends,

Maybe you can help me out here, because I am struggling big time with this. I've got my first serious job for my production company I just started and I have to give my costumer an indication of what the whole thing is going to cost him. Maybe somebody with more experience knows about what to ask for it. This is the job:
It is a promotional articles company and they want a company movie on a dvd. I am going to do the whole process by myself with the help of a friend of mine who is in the same bussiness. The endproduct is going to be a dvd with a menu where short movies are placed, for example who works in the company, take a look in the coompany etc. etc. There is a change that he is going to use the movie for their internetsite (charge more?). And we are going to make an intromovie on the site. So it is a price indication of the whole process; Filming it (HVX200, 4 GB, Panther Tripod, DVrig, Sound, Light) in sd format, editing it on FCP and setting it on DVD in FC Studio. The endproduct has to be more than 1 copy so maybe I have to copy it with the help from a specialiced dvd copy company (otherwise it is to much to copy 1 dvd per time on laptop) and I have to save the file on a harddisk for future orders of the project or changes in personal on it.

I hope somebody can help me to give him an indication of the price of it all, because I will have to give him that in the next few days.

Regards

Niels

ps. Sorry for the long question

Djee Smit June 28th, 2006 05:34 AM

It is something i also find difficult, as a starting entrepeneur, how much do you ask for a product. But I would analyse the whole project in such a way that you can see how much time you are bussy with something. Like 3 days pre-production, 3 days filming, 3 days editing, 1 day dvd authoring plus the cost of duplication by an external company. And you can find online quit alot prices of how much things normally cost. For aswell how much the work itself cost, as the equipment you use. I hope this helps... if you have any other questions, shoot..

(by the way, are you Dutch?)

Niels Neeskens June 28th, 2006 06:15 AM

Thanx Djee Smit,

I'll have a look.

ps. Ja ik kom uit Nederland, bedankt voor de hulp!

Djee Smit June 28th, 2006 07:56 AM

no problem, if you still have any questions, just ask.

Where is your production company at / where do you live?

Niels Neeskens June 28th, 2006 08:53 AM

My production company is NIE Productions B.V. and is located in Enschede. I live in Almelo and you?

Niels

ps. Ik ben bezig met een HVX netwerk op te bouwen in Nederland en heb al een leuke groep bij elkaar, ben je ook in bezit van een HVX?

Bill Mecca June 28th, 2006 09:18 AM

While it's one project, there are several parts to it.

I would break it down.

First, production of the video itself and all that entails.
Second, conversion to DVD and authoring, and all that entails.
Third, conversion to internet format
Fourth duplication.

You can then tally up the prices and give them a total figure, and remember to include an hourly rate for any changes after things have been approved.And I can guarantee that WILL happen.

Since you now have broken it down into segments, you will be prepared in case they opt out of a specific element of the project. For example, say they later decide to have their web host do the conversion to flash, or if they decide not to go that route at all. Bill them along they way as well so you don't wind up waiting for payment. You have costs you will incur along the way. I usually get a retainer upon acceptance of the job, usally 1/3 to 1/2 of the price (for the video production), the rest upon completion of that task, etc etc...

as for setting the actual prices, you can base it on a hourly rate for each task involved, shooting, editing etc, and extrapolate that out based on the length of the finished video and your shooting ratio, and how long it usually takes you to edit a video of that length. this is the most difficult part, so you also need to add some extra time into those calculations.

at least that is the way I have done it.

Djee Smit June 28th, 2006 11:10 AM

that was sort of what I ment yes, only better described :P,

But I'm from Breda, and we got 2 canon xl1 with our company

Jeff Nelson June 28th, 2006 03:06 PM

Budget to shoot in Rio -- anyone?

We may be shooting a half-hour infomercial in Rio in the next six months. I'll probably take a cameraman and hostess from here in LA but want to get everyone else locally, including sound, gaffer, makeup/hair -- and a lot of beautiful girls in bikinis for a big beach party sequence. So I need some casting help.

Anyone familiar with working in Brazil, and able to help advise me, put me in touch with some local contacts so I can figure what things cost and how I should budget? Really need some help on that.

Thanks!

Nick Hiltgen June 29th, 2006 05:12 AM

There was a guy who used to post here named Shannon Rawls he has a small production company based out of L.A. and I know he's done some music video work.

His website is www.shannonrawls.com (or www.cinemahill.com/shannonrawls) there should be a way to contact him through the site. If not contact me and i'll give you his address.

Djee Smit June 29th, 2006 05:51 AM

Thanks. I'm also beeing contacted by someone else through this site. A great help.

Philip Gioja June 29th, 2006 08:58 AM

I'm right down the creek from your shoot, unfortunately I've booked a wedding for Saturday, but might be free on Sunday if you would be interested in that. Email me if you still need help, you can check out my website too at www.centerstreetproductions.com.

I looked at your website -- looks like a fun project.

John M. McCloskey June 29th, 2006 09:02 AM

wildlife videographer

Mossy Oak Productions has an opening for a full time field producer. Must be capable of relocating to Mississippi. Please send resumes to mmccloskey@mossyoak.com