DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Dave Wowchuk February 22nd, 2006 01:25 PM

Anyone in Winnipeg willing to rent out their XL2?

I'm wondering if there is anyone in Winnipeg who would be willing to rent out their XL2 for this coming Saturday? I'm doing a shoot with my XL2 and a DSR-250, and I originally wanted two XL2's. If you would be willing, please give me a call at (204) 227-0330, or e-mail me through my website at www.artisanmedia.ca

Thanks!
Dave Wowchuk

Saturnin Kondratiew February 24th, 2006 01:48 AM

majic bullet pwns! i can help you also if you want.

Bill Porter February 24th, 2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve House
Reminds me of an old remedy for body lice involving a darkened theatre and extra salty popcorn ROFL

I caught body lice that way once. "Duped again!"

Joe Barker February 24th, 2006 05:08 AM

I had the same problem with a radio once, the ants got inside when I was on a building site. Open every possible entry point, tape door etc, put the camera in the centre of a table and place a small saucer of honey about a foot away. The ants can smell it from a great distance, and once they leave the camera they will feed on the honey and head off looking for their original nest, not the inside of your camera. Of coarse, this all depends on if they followed a queen ant intent on starting up a new colony inside your camera. If that’s the case, then it could be time to start stripping. (The camera I mean) Never go naked near angry ants.
Joe, from the land with the most ants.

Vince Gaffney February 24th, 2006 05:32 AM

Thanks to all that responded. Again, if I missed following up I apologize.

The project is wrapped. The footage that was provided was great. I was pleased to find so many professionals available on these boards.

I hope to do it again.

Vince

Marco Wagner February 24th, 2006 08:49 AM

Are you still taking submissions?

Mike Cavanaugh February 24th, 2006 09:03 AM

I'll have to give Vince a "thumbs up" for his professionalism also. He sent us shots to match for his chromakey background, answered his phone and fulfilled his committments quickly.

Hope to work with you again also.

Joel Klaverkamp February 24th, 2006 10:44 AM

Me Compose

Hey Alex.

The funny thing is, I was poking around this forum because I'm interested in getting into DV movie making because I really want to score movies [ for a living ] and, there's no way to get into it in Winnipeg... other than making your own movies which you can write grants for.

You can't write grants to score a film... you have to be friends with a director / producer type. That said, not everyone that writes a grant gets a grant. I do have experience. I have made soundtracks from scratch for film, TV and [ would you believe ] modern dance.

Here's a link to my website.

http://kampernet.bounceme.net/soundtracks/contents.html

Best luck whether we work together or not.

Joel

Mark Argerake February 24th, 2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Wagner
Are you still taking submissions?

Yes I am. Submission deadline is March 21st. Here's a link to the official press release: http://www.moviemarkdvd.com/shorts.php Please feel free to email me any questions or concers you may have.

Daniel Rudd February 24th, 2006 07:23 PM

Looking for the right short film to score for free

I am looking for a very high quality short film to score.
-Not with a cinematic/orchestral emphasis (although I can include those elements)
--but more of an alternative/acoustic/rock/techno feel
coldplay - meets nirvana - meets n.i.n.

I have not scored a film before, but I have been producing music for media production for about 5 years (and working in video production for eight).

My "royalty free music" makes my clients very happy, so I'd like a shot at something different.

you can listen to some of my work at www.stock20.com
*but* stock20.com is really geared toward corporate, promotional, and event videographers, so the music is not typical of a movie score. Please keep that in mind.

--you would have to be patient with my schedule
--and I would have to like your film very much.
--but I would do the work pro-bono

Daniel Rudd

Heath Vinyard February 25th, 2006 05:09 PM

Writing/Producing/Directing Partner? S. CA

Hello all.
I'm thinking there has to be others like me out there that are trying to make sense of everything while getting into the world of indie movie making and need a partner.

I'm hoping I can find the right person to hook up with and write and shoot some good stuff. I'll help produce their directing and vice versa. Both co-writing.

Am I nuts? Are there more like me out there that just need someone to bounce ideas off of?

Robert M Wright February 26th, 2006 04:24 AM

Hope there's maybe a couple ideas in here that you might be able to use -

About Guerilla Rentals

We focus on providing affordable rentals and products, to independent filmmakers, offering the very finest results, from initial concept to final cut for delivery.

We rent items, such as the latest, cutting-edge, high quality 1/3" 3CCD, 720/24p digital video cameras, along with the Mini35 adapter, that will bring that gorgeous, wide-screen cinematic look to your footage, with a 35mm film-like depth of field.

We offer very special, long-term rates, to make it possible for you to rent quite affordably, for up to weeks or even months at a time. If you are from out of town, we can arrange affordable shipping, anywhere in Canada, to suit your specific needs.

Guerilla Rentals offers you professional know-how, with over 3 years experience in the video industry. Our knowledgeable equipment consultants are just a phone call away, ready to assist you in choosing just the right gear to make your next production a resounding success.

Cody Mielke February 26th, 2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert M Wright
Hope there's maybe a couple ideas in here that you might be able to use -

About Guerilla Rentals

We focus on providing affordable rentals and products, to independent filmmakers, offering the very finest results, from initial concept to final cut for delivery.

We rent items, such as the latest, cutting-edge, high quality 1/3" 3CCD, 720/24p digital video cameras, along with the Mini35 adapter, that will bring that gorgeous, wide-screen cinematic look to your footage, with a 35mm film-like depth of field.

We offer very special, long-term rates, to make it possible for you to rent quite affordably, for up to weeks or even months at a time. If you are from out of town, we can arrange affordable shipping, anywhere in Canada, to suit your specific needs.

Guerilla Rentals offers you professional know-how, with over 3 years experience in the video industry. Our knowledgeable equipment consultants are just a phone call away, ready to assist you in choosing just the right gear to make your next production a resounding success.

WOW, Simply amazing. I love it. Exactly what we were looking for. If anyone has anything they would like to add, Im always open, but I think Robert has done a terrific job. Thanks Robert, and everyone else who helped mold the company profile.

Pete Mander February 26th, 2006 06:44 PM

24 hour film contest in toronto

looking for 3 people in the toronto or surounding areas to help us enter this contest..please email me if you interested.

Pmander@cogeco.ca

the details are on this site
http://www.torontofilmchallenge.com/

my wesite www.kre8-fx.com

thanks

pete

Anthony Mooney February 26th, 2006 09:05 PM

wedding - July 16 2006 NJ

Hi

I am looking for a camera-man for July 16 of 2006.The wedding takes place at MonmoUth County NJ. It's a whole day wedding. Must be professional and have his own gear and a demo.
Thank you.

Please contact
anthony@jerseyshorevideo.com

Tanay Ulgen February 26th, 2006 09:57 PM

Camera Operator needed for exciting Martial Arts short

Hi guyz, my actors and i have been rehearsing non-stop for a short martial arts scene (about 6 minutes), and although we're still about 2 months away from production, i'm looking for a camera operator with equipment (preferably a DVX100, steadi/glidecam, and a Mini35 adapter/lenses would be great). It will be a weekend shoot. If interested, send me an e-mail at tanayulgen@yahoo.ca
Thanks,
T

Pete Mander February 27th, 2006 08:11 AM

Steve if you see this..LMK if you recived my email i sent one through my home addy but it came back i just sent one in your DVI email

Pete

Chris Korrow February 27th, 2006 10:46 AM

Looks like only 3-4 hours on Saturday for $100 (on the ground)
Chris

Alex Horvath February 27th, 2006 11:14 AM

Transsibirian Railway

I´m looking for characteristic footage from the transsibirian railway, especially between Irkutsk and Wladiwostock, (Nature and people and from train). Does anyone know where to get?

If I´m not succsessfull with existing footage, I´ve to do the trip and shooting myself, so any advice from russianadepts would be helpful.

thx
alex

K. Forman February 27th, 2006 03:44 PM

Would a GL1 work for you? I'm only a couple hours south.

Jon Omiatek February 27th, 2006 04:24 PM

Cincinnati, Ohio area wedding videographer needed

I am looking for both full time and part time experienced event videographers. More than 1/2 of our business are weddings and the other half are sporting events, corp events and court documenting.

Visit my website for more job postings.

www.trulux.com/employment.htm

Thank You

Jon
jon@trulux.com

Chris Korrow February 27th, 2006 07:00 PM

Probably will be alright. Let me ask the guy in charge. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Chris

Michael Pace February 27th, 2006 08:39 PM

Chris, send me a private email and i'll get you in touch with a friend of mine in Jax. He's got an XL2 and previously helped me shoot a feature with my XL1, so he knows his way around the block. He's probably hungry so would welcome the work.

Best,

Michael Pace
Pensacola, FL

Jonathan Stanley February 28th, 2006 08:42 PM

"This one's for NORTH CAROLINA!"

"Come on and Raise Up"
That was a reference to that Petey Pablo song incase you didnt get it...

Call out to all my NC peeps who are indie filmmakers. I am trying to network and find people with like minds, maybe shoot some film:)

I am up in Boone, hit me up if your interested.

Adam Ball February 28th, 2006 11:28 PM

howdy daniel,

please drop me a line at adam@yournextvideo.com . I would like to send you a compressed file of a 5 minute short I think you may enjoy.

cheers
-adam

Robert M Wright March 1st, 2006 01:20 PM

Would you consider working on a HD wedding demo Daniel?

Nate Schmidt March 1st, 2006 04:57 PM

I'm just starting a student film over the next week. It should be finished by early to mid April, I'll check back with you then.

Chris Korrow March 1st, 2006 09:14 PM

Keith & Michael did you guys get my email?

K. Forman March 2nd, 2006 03:40 AM

Chris- My email addy is down. Try Capt_Quirk at hotmail.com.

Peter Wiley March 2nd, 2006 10:36 PM

Harrisburg PA June 1 & 2

I may need to put together MiniDV video coverage of conference in Harrisburg PA at the Hilton Harrisburg on June 1 & 2.

Gig would involve shooting video of several workshops in an Hotel setting over the course of the day. Would need more than one crew with XL2 or similar.

Available and interested please drop me a line.

Wade Spencer March 3rd, 2006 10:24 AM

Sent you an email.

Lance Bachelder March 3rd, 2006 03:49 PM

Need JVC HD100 Owner/Operator - LA Mar.11

Shoot next Saturday - March 11 in NOHO. Need JVC HD100 owner/operator for 2nd camera shooting. All day 9am to approx. 8pm. Talking head, interviews etc.

There is pay!

Please email your rate and equipment specs.

Lance

nledude@yahoo.com

Christopher Velasco March 4th, 2006 11:11 AM

Multimedia Open Mic Night - Seattle

911 Media Arts Center Invites Filmmakers to Share Their Work

On Monday, March, 13th 2006 at 7:00 PM, 911 Media Arts Center hosts “Open Screening” at the brand new screening room at 911 Media Arts Center, 402 9th Ave N, Seattle. Open Screening is an “open mike night” for video and digital media arts; an open forum for filmmakers and digital media artists- ranging from amateur to professional. Discussion follows each screening.

How it works: Bring your DVD or VHS, disc/tape. Make sure it’s cued, maximum ten minutes in length or less, first come-first screened. Cost to submit or attend: $2.00 donation.

Open Screening is held the 2nd Monday of every month at 7:00 PM.

911 Media Arts Center was incorporated in 1984 and is considered Washington State's premier Media Arts Center. Our mission is to support the expressive use of innovative media tools by providing the access, training and environment needed to create/exhibit works of enduring merit and artistic excellence. We believe everyone can and should have access to the tools of communication.

http://www.911media.org/

Lance Bachelder March 4th, 2006 12:00 PM

Need JVC HD100 Owner/Operator - LA Mar.11

Shoot next Saturday - March 11 in NOHO. Need JVC HD100 owner/operator for 2nd camera shooting. All day 9am to approx. 8pm. Talking head, interviews etc.

Paid gig!

Please email your rate and equipment specs.

Lance

nledude@yahoo.com

Heath Vinyard March 5th, 2006 11:47 AM

DP Needed in OC/LA CA - HD100 Exp

Low budget 3 day short shoot is in need of a DP with experience and/or knowledge on the JVC HD100. Lighting package and/or an HD100 as a second camera is a plus and would be helpful, but is not necessary.

Please email if interested and/or need more information.
carcaridon@aol.com

Thanks for looking.

Heath Vinyard March 6th, 2006 12:34 PM

Just an update for this:

This is an action oriented, multiple look shoot. Not your typical indie dialog short. We're trying to accomplish something different with this.

Please email if interested and/or need more information.
carcaridon@aol.com

J Neil Schulman March 7th, 2006 09:11 AM

Indie Producer Seeks Vegas-based DP & crew familiar with Canon XL H1

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

I've been a writer for many years -- both print and screen (see my website at http://www.jneilschulman.com )-- and I decided to finally live the dream -- write, produce, and direct my own independent feature. It's a light action fish-out-of-water story in the tradition of such (big budget) features as Kindergarden Cop, Sister Act, and Miss Congeniality. The title is Lady Magdalene's. My production company's website is at http://www.jesulu.com/.

Nichelle Nichols ("Uhura" on Star Trek) and I are the exec producers, and Nichelle will be starring as one of the leads. I'm currently finishing the script, but I already have a preliminary budget and a tentative start date of May 10th for a four week shoot. We're planning to shoot entirely in and around Pahrump, Nevada, and the start date reflects our desire to shoot before it gets hot and when daylight is long. As a first time director, I'll need all the advantages I can get. I've got some great locations committed to us for the shoot, which is going to make this film look much higher budget than you'd think possible on our shoestring budget.

The production is partly financed, and Nichelle and I hope to obtain the rest of the financing necessary to complete principal photography by mid April.

We're shooting using my newly purchased Canon XL H1 -- which is what brings me to this forum.

If there are any experienced DP's, AD's, etc., already familiar with the XL H1, you'd have the inside track to working with us on this film. Since I'm not a DGA member (I am a WGA member), you don't have to be, either.

Thanks,

J. Neil Schulman

Sean Freeland March 7th, 2006 11:05 AM

XL2 guy lookin for work in Oklahoma or N. Texas

I am a XL2 owner indi looking for some work, Camera is brand new, and am looking to break it in. Would love the experiance and would love the work as well. If you have any jobs available send me a tell at sethfreeland@yahoo.com.

Greg Boston March 7th, 2006 01:53 PM

I'm moving your post to our Helping Hands forum. It is tailor made for just this type of posting.

Thanks for posting.

-gb-

Cody Mielke March 8th, 2006 09:36 PM

Music Video Crew needed in Vancouver - March 16th

Digital Interference Production Inc. seeks music video crew

All details can be found online at http://www.digitalinterference.net/thegorgeousadd.htm