DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Mark Utley March 8th, 2006 09:51 PM

I believe I'm doing an interview with The Gorgeous when they're in Saskatoon. We'll have to talk about this video!

Jon French March 9th, 2006 02:05 PM

Videographer

Send me an email with a little more information. I am experianced and have my own equipment.

jonfrenchvideo@yahoo.com

here is my site
jonfrenchvideo.com

Jon Omiatek March 9th, 2006 03:26 PM

Sent you an email.

Thanks,

Jon

Bill Porter March 10th, 2006 03:31 PM

L.A. users meet and shoot THIS SUNDAY! Bring your camera!

Ok, here's the meet:

5 PM at
http://www.thedownbeatcafe.com/

1202 N Alvarado St Los Angeles, CA 90026-3127

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1202+N...CA+90026&hl=en

There is a musician named Phillip Roebuck playing there (no cover charge). He's a pretty amazing performer out of NYC, originally from Norfolk, VA. Check out a short video of him at:

http://www.philliproebuck.com/video.html

He's built a pretty amazing setup, and both he and it are very "cameragenic." It makes for great footage.

What I'm proposing is that we all meet up and film him being interviewed and showing his setup, and film a song or two. Then I'll capture all the tapes and cut it all up to make a short documentary, slash, music video, unless someone else wants to (and I know there are lots of you who are better at it than I). Everyone who participates will get credit, and anyone can have and share the video.

If I have to pay everyone the cost of their tapes I will, and if anyone wants the tape back or wants a DVD with their footage on it I'll be happy to accomodate. Plus after his set (fairly short) we can hang out and talk and do the whole users group thing.

Obviously it would be nice if we could decide what settings those of us with DVX's would use, and comparable settings for those of us with other cameras too, so if you have any input, please pipe up ASAP. If your camera can do it, 24P is a must, but you don't have to have a 24P camera to participate.

And if you have a shallow DOF 35mm adapter, bring it! I'm bringing mine and my lenses but I don't know that I'll use it for sure.

Enough talk, let's get together - AND let's shoot some tape!

Steev Dinkins March 10th, 2006 04:47 PM

I'm there man. I'll be bringing my HVX200! See you then!

Alexander Berezovsky March 10th, 2006 05:21 PM

Thanks for the invitation but I won't be able to make it :(
Always open to invites though!

Peter Shindler March 11th, 2006 08:21 PM

Need some one with a HD-100U In NYC

Hey, I am in need of some one in MYC to possibly shoot some stock footage with their JVC HD-100U. I am doing a non-funded project, and as such don't have the money to fly to New York to grab just a couple of shots. I actually also need some help with the legality of these, as I need a few shots from Grand Central Station, not much just something to throw in to show that my hero started out in New York on the train. Any suggestions or takers?

Lucas Mro March 12th, 2006 06:15 PM

Anyone need any help in Chicago with weddings etc.?

Hi guys
I dont have any clients at the moment and would be happy to work as a first or second camera for weddingss etc. I have experience in shooting weddings and have all of my own equipment. Please let me know. I'm a great guy to work with. a35mmfilm@hotmail.com

Tim Gray March 13th, 2006 12:19 AM

Hmmm.... we have an HD100 and I go to NYC every couple weeks. I don't know how they'd react to me walking around with a big camera... Send me an email and we can discuss details/possibilities.

Abdulla Bastaki March 13th, 2006 06:23 AM

Directors Galore

Paying $1000+++++/day + tickets etc.. and if ure damn good.. its $8k/day onwards.

If ure a DIRECTOR from/in the states or europe (mainly) or any other part of the world...
1. and you have a good experience in filming shorts/ films/ Commercials...
2. you've done High End HD/film work (experience with film is a must)

and you're up for some freelance work for a high-end advertising agency in this country http://www.uaeinteract.com/ and for this company http://www.filmwks.com/.

send an email of your cv/website/a url of your show reel to anarabianartist@gmail.com

Note: this is a sign up kinda thing, don't expect any reply & do expect any reply.

thanks!

Tim Snyder March 13th, 2006 11:55 AM

Need shooter / editor for summer

I have an opening for a shooter / editor from May 18th - Aug 13th. This is a traveling position and you will work 7 days a week. You will be with a touring group who is in a different city each day. All food and travel is provided. Your job will be to create a 3-5min "behind the scenes" video each day so the organization can put it up on their website. You will need to shoot and edit this video. Once you are done working for the day, you are done. This job requires a creative and self motivated person. The group you will be touring with is a drum and bugle corps (like a marching band) who is made up of 135 kids that are 21 and under. These kids will sleep at high schools on the floor. You will be traveling with the support staff, who will will also be sleeping on the floor. This is very hard on your body and will require a young person. We can provide equipment which will be a computer and camera, or you can use your own. Pay is $3500 without equipment, or $4000 with equipment. We will provide all tape stock. If you are using your own equipment, you will need a 3ccd camera, computer with editing software (preferably a laptop) and a shotgun mic. We will be checking in with you through out the summer.

If this sounds like something that you are interested in, please email me the following:

Resume
Sample of Work
Equipment list
2 References

You can email these to rcr@box5productions.com.

You can preview some of our work www.box5productions.com under season videos. This is the type of group that you will be working with.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks
Tim
rcr@box5productions.com

Don Bloom March 13th, 2006 12:14 PM

Tim
All 3 of my kids marched corps years ago-it's an awesome adventure and some of the best musicians anywhere play. If I were 25 years younger I'd do the gig. Its a summer of fun!

Don

Allen Thok March 13th, 2006 05:50 PM

SAG SHORT movie in LA..needs a make-up and hair person

I'm shooting a Sag Short in the month of April and need a make-up and hair person. Since our company "Blue Butterfly Productions" is independant, we can only offer "credit, meal and copy". But because it is a Sag Contract, payment maybe deferred. Depending if the project gets sold. This short film is targeted for the SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL and would be great exposure for those involved. For more information, please contact me at enderlee@enderlee.com

Charles Papert March 13th, 2006 11:15 PM

Call the Joe Blasco school on Hillhurst Ave. in LA; they can post your project to their graduate students and you will have a plethora of talented people calling you in no time. They are eager to get experience for their portfolios and will usually work for free or a small kit fee.

Jon Omiatek March 14th, 2006 04:43 AM

Positions filled.

Thanks

Allen Thok March 14th, 2006 12:54 PM

thank you so much Charles

Spike Spiegel March 14th, 2006 07:23 PM

Need a voice over artist

Hello, we are looking for someone with some time to record a voice over. We are trying to get funding for this documentary, and what we can offer at this point is; future involvement including pay if the documentary gets appropriate amount of funding. We already have a company sponsoring, and we are waiting on a few more. Few details about the documentary: traveling, himalayas, cultural,rustic.
The voice is for a small demo we are putting together before we approach additional companies for sponsorship.

Please send some sample work to:

ron@craterlionproductions.com

Thank you

Arnold English March 15th, 2006 08:50 AM

Canon XL2 Operators in Dallas

I've been receiving valuable information from this forum for
over 6 months and this is my first thread. We're getting everything together for a short feature in the Dallas area.
I'm looking for another XL2 operator to assist the director while he's busy with other matters. We've tried the local universities but no response yet. Does anybody know someone or a website that might help? Mandy wasn't to helpful either.

Chris Hurd March 15th, 2006 09:07 AM

Moved to Helping Hands, and added "Dallas" to the thread title. You might mention what the compensation is.

Don Donatello March 15th, 2006 03:24 PM

what is considered a short feature ?? vs. a short ? or feature ?

Martha Griffin March 16th, 2006 04:02 PM

canon xl2 operators in dallas right here

I have been trying to reply to Arnold English. I have a canon XL2 and can help you with the poject you are working on. Please contact me at
(972) 253-0211
I am located in the dfw metroplex. Hope to hear from you soon.
Martha Griffin

Andreas Fernbrant March 16th, 2006 05:32 PM

Looking for a producer?

Hi

I have atleast in my mind a original film idea about the body and it's diffrent movements. (Not as arty as it sounds) I'm from Sweden and I'm looking for an American/Brittish/Canadian producer that could help me with my project.

Anyone have any clues to where I might start looking for someone that could find my project interesting?

If you are a producer and just happens to read this and want to know more please contact me and I'll submit full details about the project.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Max Wilson March 16th, 2006 10:14 PM

Sounds fun... I got a DVX.

Bill Porter March 16th, 2006 11:29 PM

Next one is 9:30 PM, 4212 Sunset Blvd. @ Myra. I'll be there!

Heath Vinyard March 17th, 2006 10:01 AM

Sound Recordist Needed

Hey all.

Need a sound recordist for a low/no budget 3 day short shoot shooting with the JVC HD100 camera. This is a 13 page action/drama shooting at the end of May

If interested, please send email to carcaridon@cox.net.

Thanks.

Tim Dashwood March 17th, 2006 10:31 PM

Need crew for film. Shooting on HD100

Where: Toronto
When: March 24, 25, 26, 27, 2006
Who:
Writer/Director - Jonathan Robbins
DP: Tim Dashwood
Project Info: http://www.mojoprofilms.com/exlover.html

Crew positions still available:
2nd Camera assistant (Clapper/loader)
Camera Assistant for B Camera/DTE capture tech (iMac)
Swing Grips
P.A.s
EPK camera operator (DVX100a)
Behind the Scenes Photographer (Nikon D70 & Pentax iST)

I'm shooting a short film next weekend with at least 2 JVC HD100 cameras (for the big shootout) and possibly a Canon XLH1 for good measure.
The film has a brilliant script... one of the best I've read in a long time. It kind of reminds me of True Romance, with a hint of Pulp Fiction.

I've have filled most of the key positions already with friends who are pros in their field, but we're still looking for some helping hands. If you have experience in specific areas that's great, and if not, maybe you'll learn some new tricks from professionals willing to share them.

If you are only available on one or two of our shoot days, that's fine too. We will have quite a few locations with different needs on different days.

This is a very low budget production, so we are seeking volunteer crew members. However, you will be fed and most locations are very close to TTC stations.

Please email me if you are interested. dvinfo@timdashwood.com

thanks,
Tim

Nate Weaver March 18th, 2006 09:46 AM

Need HD100 Owner/Operator for Tonight 3-18-06 in L.A.

Just like the title says, I need an HD100 owner/op for tonight, March 18th in Hollywood. Short gig, about 4 hours. Experience with live events preferable.

Email nate@nateweaver.net ASAP if interested.

Moderators, I'll delete this post myself late afternoon after I have someone.

Nate Weaver March 18th, 2006 09:47 AM

Need HD100 Owner/Operator for Tonight 3-18-06 in L.A.

Just like the title says, I need an HD100 owner/op for tonight, March 18th in Hollywood. Short gig, about 4 hours. Experience with live events preferable.

Email nate@nateweaver.net ASAP if interested.

Moderators, I'll delete this post myself late afternoon after I have someone.

Manny Rodriguez March 18th, 2006 11:06 AM

call me I just email you a small file of my work on live event

Manny (310)498-3248

Christo Aaron March 18th, 2006 11:22 AM

Scottish DV Artists Collaboration Spring 06'

If you have a day or two to spend with our crew, I could use your DV camera talents. Below, I will be glad to tell you a bit about the project. First, I will need some background from you so I can better figure out how best you can help this film project. If you have filmmaking experiences let me know, then I can link you with others on location in Scotland. The next step will be to formulate a plan to proceed at the location filming. I have a script as far as media needed, and interview questions for the specific locations. One collaborator, has DOP film experience, and is presently researching the Aberdeen site. Here is my release; A call for collaboration. I'll look for your reply.
I have an ongoing search to assemble two location DV film crews in Scotland. I have these filming needs to complete a historacle documentary about the Camphill Communities origins. The locations are in Aberdeen at the Newton Dee Camphill and the Blair Drummond Camphill near Stirling. Camphill was begun by Karl Koenig in 1939, along with a small group of refuges escaping the Nazis. The Camphill's were developed as a curative environment for the mentally handicapped that was inclusive, and explored very progressive methods of education and community living. I became interested, here in the States, after visiting the Kimberton Hills community located in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. In 2002, I made a personal visit and filming began then of the Camphill bakery and other programs. That footage, as well as a recient photography session, just completed, have completed the U.S. media necessary for this film. The script for the film developed from that point, and that required the need for the Scottish Camphill history in film. The budget does not exist to pay for my travel to Scotland. So I began using the WWW to locate film collaboration. I have a film collaborator from Cumbernauld, her name is Vicky Bodane. She says she is 20 min. between Glasgow and Stirling. Does her name ring a bell? Vicky has offered to help with narration and a possible musicians interview at FM Clyde 1 in Glasgow. Two Scottish musicians have also given me a positive interest in song offerings and I'm trying to book them on the "Live Sessions" for an acoustic set. I'd like to make available some promotion for them, for their help in the film. Perhaps you have heard of them? Kate Cassidy (I believe she is from Glasgow) and David Leonard of Spokers Loan. Kate is well known throughout Scotland, and Europe. She has such a beautiful voice, mostly used in rock venue. I've asked her for some lighter acoustic numbers to be considered for the opening film scenes in Aberdeen. David has done the folk scene there in Scotland. I will be using his number called; " We've got everything we need" from his album. I'm also looking for a crew to film their casual musical duet jamming, and a film shoot at that radio station "sessions" venue if it jells. Get back soon, I'd like to firm up the location crews to begin as weather warms up.
Adios for now,
Christo Aaron
HeyokaFilms@aol.com

Christo Aaron March 18th, 2006 11:26 AM

I have two voice narrators who live in Scotland...

Hello Spike,
I'm working with two wonderful people in Scotland at the present. Tell me more about what you are looking for as far as languages etc.
Adios,
Christo

Robert M Wright March 18th, 2006 11:30 AM

Are you looking for a male or female voice? (or both?)

Tim Dashwood March 18th, 2006 11:52 AM

Sorry Nate,

I didn't realize you had cross posted over here until I had moved and left a redirect in the HD100 forum. I figured you would get more views that way, but you were already one step ahead of me.

The redirect is still in the HD100 forum.

Tim

Christo Aaron March 18th, 2006 12:24 PM

Aberdeen and Stirling Locations in Scotland spring 06'

Hello Quinn,
Have DV will travel? I have two locations that are eager to find a second DV camera person. This is a non profit documentary to be released in the States. If you would work for credit in film and copy of DVD, we could use your help. See my other posts, (collaborator call), for more on film info.
Adios,
Christo

Christo Aaron March 18th, 2006 12:36 PM

Live footage needed to sync to film

Hello Gary,
Would you shoot about five miutes of DV in a Vancouver night club? Preformer has composition in film, I need live film of him preforming, to sync to film footage.
Cheers,
Christo

Spike Spiegel March 18th, 2006 11:47 PM

hello, we are looking for either a male or female voice. Anything that sounds natural and emits a true documentary style tone. Please send any working sample to the given email and we will respond. Thank you very much for your time.

Pete Mander March 19th, 2006 11:10 AM

Hi Tim

Email has been sent

Pete Mander

DJ Kinney March 19th, 2006 12:49 PM

Portland, Oregon?

I am posting this again in the hope that there might be some new members since I last did. I am looking for a general production partner. Someone interested in narrative film, short form or long, for festivals.

Particularly someone who is aware of the constraints of micro budget movie making. Too many people I talk to want to make the next matrix and think they can do it with their HandyCam.

Actually, anyone at all who is interested in film in the city, let me know. I'd like to start a project soon, and I can't do casting alone. I'd just look creepy.

DJ

Joe Lumbroso March 20th, 2006 02:53 PM

Hi DJ,

If you'd like to drop me an email, I do low, low-budget film-making here Portland. I also used to work at a local casting company. I can't guarantee we'll be a good match but check some of my links, see what I do and drop me a line.

Joe

Matthew Groff March 20th, 2006 05:58 PM

Need Z1U (or other HDV) Operator w/ Camera

Hey,

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in helping out for a few days at the end of this week (1 evening, 2 days, 1 morning). I'm shooting an event and looking to have a couple people ready to go. I have a Sony Z1U and am looking for someone with same or similar who is looking add some footage to their reel. Clearance for the event is up in the air so the project is as well... I'm hoping to hear tomorrow.

Credit/meals for anyone who wishes to help out. I'll supply tape stock.

mg