Private Classifieds listings from 2003 - Page 44 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old August 27th, 2003, 08:10 AM   #646
Warden

Custom XL1 telephoto lens bracket

This is a custom designed and machined bracket for supporting Canon EF lenses on the XL1. This bracket was made to my specifications and was machined and milled for use on the XL1. Black annodized aluminum. Anyone using EF lenses on the XL1 with EF XL adapter should be supporting the EF lens with an adapter similar to this. I'm asking $100 plus shipping and insurance. I accept PayPal, Money Orders and Cashiers Checks.
Old August 27th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #647
Obstreperous Rex

Jeff -- can you email a photo to me please. I'm pretty sure I'll pick this up from you, gotta wait until Friday though, when I'll return home. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old August 27th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #648
Tourist

i am lowering the price to $3750.00

randyBack to top
Old August 27th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #649
Warden

I did a series of photos for some members a while back. They are still on my iDisk and you can download them here Some PC users occasionally have problems with Mac iDisks, if that's the case let me know and I'll email a couple.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 27th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #650
Regular Crew

*bump*
Old August 28th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #651
New Boot

Is the 5" monitor suitable for checking color, focus, white balance, etc.?

I've heard some folks say that the 5" is too small. If not, I might be interested.

Please email when you get a spare moment.

Thanks,

JH
Old August 29th, 2003, 06:07 AM   #652
Regular Crew

James,
It's going to come down to personal preference really, but that's exactly what I've used it for myself. I've found that the XL1's viewfinder doesn't tend to offer a very precise color representation, and obviously unless you've got the B&W it's almost impossible to get a precise focus except on close-ups. This monitor is one of the "high-res" models, with 450 lines of resolution. I can't think of a time right now when I haven't been able to set my focus confidently because of its size. It's really very crisp.

As far as the size, I can't say I wouldn't mind having a 13" monitor with me on set, but when you weigh the hassle of lugging around something that big every time you go out to shoot something, it becomes (at least for me) somewhat unpractical. (Maybe if I had a crew larger than just myself!) People definitely do it, however, and I guess that works for them - that's why I say ultimately it's a personal preference... They call the 5" models "field monitors" for a reason though!

Hope that helps!
Old August 29th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #653
New Boot

Matt,

I sent you an e-mail with some contact information. Call me or send me a note with your call info.

Thanks

Jay
Old August 29th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #654
New Boot

Doh!

Sorry I missed Mr. Hall's note. I'd be interested in the Sony Field monitor if James does not want it. Sorry about that James..

Jay
Old August 29th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #655
Major Player

Do you still have the Matte Box?
Old August 29th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #656
Warden

Yes, it is still available.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 30th, 2003, 05:41 PM   #657
Major Player

Jeff, did you get my email?
Old August 30th, 2003, 06:12 PM   #658
Warden

I just went through my emails and junk mail and I have nothing from you Lee. Sorry. The matte box is still available.

Jeff

jtdonald@mac.com

Old August 31st, 2003, 08:48 AM   #659
Regular Crew

mini 35 for sale

I have a p&s technik mini 35 for sale. I would also consider selling the Canon XL1s that I have used with it. I am actually located at the moment in Southern Spain, but the equipment could be viewed in the UK. It is in "as new" condition, not used much and well cared for. My reason for selling is that I need a set-up that is lighter and smaller. Serious enquiries only to mike@mbluestone.com, and then we could talk by phone.

Mike Bluestone
mike@mbluestone.com
Old September 1st, 2003, 02:27 PM   #660
Regular Crew

I have a JVC BR-DV600U I am looking to get rid of if you are interested. It just needs a good head cleaning, other than that it is in perfect condition. 16 months old and I sent it into JVC for a 1 year service before the warranty ran out. The deck has not had much editing time on it at all, I just think JVC played another brand of tape on it when they had it for service (the reason for the dirty heads, I always use sony tapes). but if you are interested, let me know.

Chris

(i just dont own a good head cleaner and I dont want to run one of those dry-tape cleaners through this deck several times as they say they can wear the heads down)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds