DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 151 to 175 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD September 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Replies: 101
Views: 35,633
Posted By Evan Donn
This doesn't sound like it has anything to do...

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with IS or lenses at all - blurring on the edge of moving subjects is due to low shutter speed, blurring of the entire frame is due to camera movement...
Forum: All Things Audio September 5th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,630
Posted By Evan Donn
I believe Magic Lantern allows you to use the A/V...

I believe Magic Lantern allows you to use the A/V jack for monitoring via headphones, although it may need a small inline headphone amplifier to get acceptable levels.
Forum: All Things Audio September 2nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 8,165
Posted By Evan Donn
By the 'look of Lavs' I assume you mean on...

By the 'look of Lavs' I assume you mean on screen? Have you tried the Countryman b6? It's incredibly tiny and very easy to hide so that you don't see it onscreen - I'll typically poke it through a...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News September 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 4,141
Posted By Evan Donn
You're assuming this has anything to do with...

You're assuming this has anything to do with filmmaking or videography - it probably doesn't. At a client's trade show earlier this year I saw some amazing rigs for doing heart surgery via...
Forum: Show Your Work September 2nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,835
Posted By Evan Donn
Thanks! We figured we might as well set up a...

Thanks! We figured we might as well set up a sequel...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD September 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 8,371
Posted By Evan Donn
I've got the same lens, it's actually my favorite...

I've got the same lens, it's actually my favorite video lens - I did have to cut a tab off, but I'm using it on 5D. I have the focus-confirm adapter and it works but I don't find it very useful...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 29th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 3,529
Posted By Evan Donn
No - that lens is made for much smaller chips...

No - that lens is made for much smaller chips than the 550. Even if you could adapt it somehow you'd only get a small circlular image in the center of the frame.
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD August 27th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 9,092
Posted By Evan Donn
Absolutely - except that most of these profiles...

Absolutely - except that most of these profiles that have additional flattening done through the canon profile software don't give you a linear flattening of the image due to the way the control...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News August 27th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,329
Posted By Evan Donn
At this resolution you start opening up new...

At this resolution you start opening up new possibilities that go way beyond anything we've seen before. If you haven't seen the light field photography demo from a few years back you should check it...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 11,000
Posted By Evan Donn
Our most recent short (below) uses green screen...

Our most recent short (below) uses green screen extensively throughout the final scene (shot on a 5DmkII). We didn't have a lot of fine hair or anything to worry about, and we weren't going for...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 22nd, 2010, 10:09 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 9,456
Posted By Evan Donn
I'm not sure the tracking AF is really a killer...

I'm not sure the tracking AF is really a killer feature for these cameras, but that aside the t2i is still significantly better. D3100 has very low bitrate compression, low res LCD with no monitor...
Forum: Show Your Work August 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,835
Posted By Evan Donn
Bad Reception - a 7 Day Film

We completed this recently for the San Francisco Seven Day Film Festival. My film team primarily competes in shorter competitions (48 hour) so we decided to do something a little more elaborate than...
Forum: Nikon Photo for HD Video August 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 9,175
Posted By Evan Donn
Looks like the 3100 doesn't have full manual...

Looks like the 3100 doesn't have full manual control in video mode, no audio input, low-bitrate AVCHD, and low res LCD with no HDMI out while recording. I'd say it's not a particularly good choice if...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 8th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 6,007
Posted By Evan Donn
A good used manual lens like the Pentax James...

A good used manual lens like the Pentax James mentioned should not cost much more than the Canon but will be significantly better for video. I have both - the Pentax is my favorite video lens, while...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 7th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 8,540
Posted By Evan Donn
I understand what you're saying Perrone, and I...

I understand what you're saying Perrone, and I agree - naturally any of these settings require us to make decisions about what to keep and what to discard. I'm assuming that's our starting point...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 7th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 8,540
Posted By Evan Donn
And to address the original post a bit... ...

And to address the original post a bit...



Regardless of which picture profile you shoot with you should take the time to learn Color - it's goes so far beyond what you can achieve in FCP it's...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD August 7th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 8,540
Posted By Evan Donn
David's absolutely right - I just just looked at...

David's absolutely right - I just just looked at some samples from the Marvel Cine preset and it has the same problem as superflat. I keep seeing people saying they use these so they can shoot for...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD July 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Replies: 27
Views: 8,799
Posted By Evan Donn
Only if you insist on getting Canon lenses or...

Only if you insist on getting Canon lenses or need the autofocus for stills. The best bang for the buck video-wise would be an old nikon, pentax, etc 50. Similar price but much better construction...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD July 28th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 3,313
Posted By Evan Donn
I use both the extreme III's and ultra II's...

I use both the extreme III's and ultra II's without problems - even the II's are rated at nearly 3x the 5D's video data rate so anything higher is really overkill for recording. Where the faster...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News July 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 5,216
Posted By Evan Donn
It's not 4k but plenty of people currently have...

It's not 4k but plenty of people currently have 30" displays which support greater than 1080p. With the release of the iPhone 4 & it's 'retina display' hype I wouldn't be surprised to see a trend...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD July 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 9,108
Posted By Evan Donn
$460+ does seem insane, where did you find that...

$460+ does seem insane, where did you find that price? I see that's the starting price for their eazydolly system, but I don't see a price for the handle listed on their site.
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD July 7th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 3,197
Posted By Evan Donn
Or just use Pluraleyes - as long as all the...

Or just use Pluraleyes - as long as all the cameras have similar audio it will sync them for you in post. No need to clap or worry about timecode. In FCP it will create multiclips for you - not sure...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD July 7th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,289
Posted By Evan Donn
I've done quite a few interviews with the 5D and...

I've done quite a few interviews with the 5D and the 12 minute limit hasn't been a problem - rare to have a single answer go on for longer than that without a pause. If you just double-tap the record...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD June 29th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 6,644
Posted By Evan Donn
The 50 1.8 is fine for photography where you want...

The 50 1.8 is fine for photography where you want autofocus, but it's not a good lens for video due to the terrible focus ring - it's tiny, right on the front of the lens (easy to get your fingers in...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD June 27th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 2,587
Posted By Evan Donn
5D footage is square pixel aspect ratio.

5D footage is square pixel aspect ratio.
Showing results 151 to 175 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network