What are the recent serial numbers from New Buyers? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 12th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #16
Major Player

You know Dennis,
I doubt we'll see any new cameras in the EX1 price range that can also match its quality and capabilities make a surprise entrance at NAB, but then again... there is Scarlet - and the RED team is capable of anything.

If it's not ready or in the EX1's company then it's a mute point. If it's ready and it is indeed RED ONE's baby brother - I would like to own junior.

And bringing it back to thread topic, would also like to see if newer serial numbers of the EX1 are free of the first round of issues...

Lonnie
Lonnie Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Bell View Post
You know Dennis,
I doubt we'll see any new cameras in the EX1 price range that can also match its quality and capabilities make a surprise entrance at NAB, but then again... there is Scarlet - and the RED team is capable of anything.

If it's not ready or in the EX1's company then it's a mute point. If it's ready and it is indeed RED ONE's baby brother - I would like to own junior.

And bringing it back to thread topic, would also like to see if newer serial numbers of the EX1 are free of the first round of issues...

Lonnie
It's funny because I don't think that many people on this forum have made a purchase in the last few weeks. A good chunk of them are waiting for the situation to unfold last minute.
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #18
Major Player

Well i know you have seen the most recent posts still popping up from our UK friends on the vignette thread...

and a small consolation for US Buyers is, i'm sure US buyer are zipping through the stock of "tainted" models from the original stock faster than some of the smaller markets...

But the Big Question is: when do we get to the fresh "good" stock - or is Sony just relying on us not noticing, caring, or their tech bench fixes...
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #19
Major Player

and yes, I think a lot are waiting...

...and NAB is a big deal to a lot of customers, and to businesses and their new roll outs. For consumers, it's a place to tinker hands on with all the gear and it's all within aisles of each other (or at least the next floor)...
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Well i know you have seen the most recent posts still popping up from our UK friends on the vignette thread...

and a small consolation for US Buyers is, i'm sure US buyer are zipping through the stock of "tainted" models from the original stock faster than some of the smaller markets...

But the Big Question is: when do we get to the fresh "good" stock - or is Sony just relying on us not noticing, caring, or their tech bench fixes...
According to Sony and a few top dealers, we are allready on the good stock. I would not want to know what the bad stock was.
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #21
Major Player

Well, I pulled the trigger today and it will be here on Friday...I will post back once I verify my serial and test the unit out.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #22
Major Player

Thanks Jason - looking forward to it!
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Where did all the serial numbers go? ;>) I just purchased an EX-1 at B&H yesterday. Someone said B&H said 6000+? Anyhow, mine is 103707.
William Urschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #24
Major Player

William - does your EX1 exhibit any problems that have been posted here thus far?
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #25
New Boot

My EX1 shipped from B&H on 2/25. #102743

I've had no problems to speak of. Of course I recently overcame my fear of shadows in the corner, so the vignetting monster can't harm me now.

Last edited by Michael Canion; March 12th, 2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: wrong serial number
Michael Canion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Lonnie - I'm off to the edit suite at the moment, in the middle of a big one, so I won't be testing out the EX-1 until this weekend, but will post here next Monday if any issues.
William Urschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #27
Major Player

Thanks Michael - and may inquire if you performed these telling but boring rigors of shooting lit white walls and zooming blue sky as well?

(And, maybe the ND gremlins will lose your address all together too!)
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Urschel View Post
Where did all the serial numbers go? ;>) I just purchased an EX-1 at B&H yesterday. Someone said B&H said 6000+? Anyhow, mine is 103707.

When I inquired about the latest s/n they told me that they were at 6000! That's weird that they sent you 3707. I would specifically ask for the latest s/n if you did not allready.
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #29
Major Player

and Michael got 2743 three weeks ago...
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
and Michael got 2743 three weeks ago...

Here is what i'm thinking. They either gave me the wrong number (miscomunication) or if you don't ask for the latest s/n they will just ship out previous units. I can't figure it out
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds