What are the recent serial numbers from New Buyers? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM   #61
New Boot

I bought two from B&H on 5/2/08. One was in the 3000's and the other in the 4000's.
Jenny Lehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM   #62
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Lehman View Post
I bought two from B&H on 5/2/08. One was in the 3000's and the other in the 4000's.
jenny,

did you check the time stamp on the battery included with your new EX1's?
i got mine last week and the battery was stamped 3/28/2008.

paul
Paul Chiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM   #63
New Boot

Mine are 2-07-2008 and 12-19-2007. I assume I am safe since my serial numbers are over 2000, or do I need to update my cameras?
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM   #64
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Lehman View Post
Mine are 2-07-2008 and 12-19-2007. I assume I am safe since my serial numbers are over 2000, or do I need to update my cameras?
b&h only sells authorized sony pro gear.
should be good.

i heard the latest firmware is 1.0.3, not sure if this is correct.

paul
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM   #65
Trustee

I checked my cam for the vignetting issue and also the backfocus, and could not find a problem with either.

Until just now, I did not know how to access the service menu to read the firmware version. But now I do, and it shipped with V1.05_0405. I picked it up from a local distributor, I do not know how long they had it. If anyone really wants to know, I could try the Fed-Ex tracking number on the label.

The serial number is XXX313X.

So as far as I know, the cam was updated already although the packaging was sealed.

On the backfocus issue, I tried to duplicate the problem reported by others by checking at all 3 ND filter positions, to no avail it seems correct.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM   #66
Major Player

to see the firmware and confirm the serial number, just press all 3 buttons in the back together, namely menu, select, and cancel.

this also allows you to get into some of the internal service manual functions, like fixing some stuck pixels if you have some.

the sony xdcam pro support at 800-883-6817 is very thorough and will walk you through anything you need with our EX1.

yes, tom, the latest firmware is 1.05_0405 and my serial # is in the 57xx with battery stamped 3/28/2008.

paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
I checked my cam for the vignetting issue and also the backfocus, and could not find a problem with either.

Until just now, I did not know how to access the service menu to read the firmware version. But now I do, and it shipped with V1.05_0405. I picked it up from a local distributor, I do not know how long they had it. If anyone really wants to know, I could try the Fed-Ex tracking number on the label.

The serial number is XXX313X.

So as far as I know, the cam was updated already although the packaging was sealed.

On the backfocus issue, I tried to duplicate the problem reported by others by checking at all 3 ND filter positions, to no avail it seems correct.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #67
Trustee

...it does seem like the battery is draining fast though, while on the cam not in use.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM   #68
Major Player

tom

i have not seen this with the u60 battery. after a job of 2 hours and 4 days, i still get 3 lights on the battery.
are you using the same battery and are you using it at high altitudes?

paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
...it does seem like the battery is draining fast though, while on the cam not in use.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM   #69
Trustee

I'm using the battery that came with the cam, at Denver's elevation 5280 ft, yes.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM   #70
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chiu View Post
to see the firmware and confirm the serial number, just press all 3 buttons in the back together, namely menu, select, and cancel.

this also allows you to get into some of the internal service manual functions, like fixing some stuck pixels if you have some.

the sony xdcam pro support at 800-883-6817 is very thorough and will walk you through anything you need with our EX1.

yes, tom, the latest firmware is 1.05_0405 and my serial # is in the 57xx with battery stamped 3/28/2008.

paul
Thanks Paul! I felt stupid asking and have been trying to find that out on my own before asking. You saved me lots of time.
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #71
Major Player

Received mine last week. S/N is in the 5000 range.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #72
Regular Crew

I received my EX1 about 10 days ago from Abel, and I was able to get a 70xx s/n. Looks like there's a real range of stock out there, as they first told me that the most recent unit in stock in their LA branch was 55xx. After checking with the NY branch, I was able to get the newer unit. NY branch said they recently sold a ton of cameras, some of them to Columbia University- I assume that's for the film program. Firmware is v1.05_0405, and battery stamp is 08/05/09 (May 9th 2008, I guess).

I've been traveling and haven't had a chance to use the camera for more than a few minutes, but when I get some time I'll check to see what the status is on the various production bugs. I can confirm that the battery drain issue has been fixed- after leaving the fully charged BP-U60 on the camera for 24 hrs, readout went from 279 min to 263.
Andy Schocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #73
Major Player

so!
this is where my annual fund contribution is going....
good grief.

paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Schocken View Post
......... NY branch said they recently sold a ton of cameras, some of them to Columbia University- I assume that's for the film program. .........
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM   #74
Regular Crew

you're way off on that. your contribution actually bought a small part of an sxs card.
Andy Schocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM   #75
Regular Crew

I've tested the backfocus, vignetting, and battery drain issues, and everything looks good. I did an IR contamination test, and it's not perfect. Not sure if this is improved over previous units or not. The attached image shows the test, shot with tungsten light.
Attached Thumbnails
What are the recent serial numbers from New Buyers?-ir-test.jpg  
Andy Schocken is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds