What are the recent serial numbers from New Buyers? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #46
Major Player

Dennis, no backfocus issues either just tested it as well. I will say I agree with some others I really am disappointed with the slider for the ND filter. The one on my old VX 2000 and the FX1 is better...It is way to flush mount for me I had quite a few times where it would just slide all the way up to ND 2. I actually think the ND filter slider is of poor quality on a CineAlta line camera. The Camera/Off/Media switch is not has bad as I thought from others comments but it is not the greatest either. The ND filter slider really is my only complaint so far, well that and I can also see that the auto focus is a tad slow as others have mentioned but it seems light related because outside it is hardly noticable (now that the suns out)but I will be manual most of the time...So far no regrets.
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bodnar View Post
Dennis, no backfocus issues either just tested it as well. I will say I agree with some others I really am disappointed with the slider for the ND filter. The one on my old VX 2000 and the FX1 is better...It is way to flush mount for me I had quite a few times where it would just slide all the way up to ND 2. I actually think the ND filter slider is of poor quality on a CineAlta line camera. The Camera/Off/Media switch is not has bad as I thought from others comments but it is not the greatest either. The ND filter slider really is my only complaint so far, well that and I can also see that the auto focus is a tad slow as others have mentioned but it seems light related because outside it is hardly noticable (now that the suns out)but I will be manual most of the time...So far no regrets.
I will give you guys my review this weekend as my EX-1 will be arriving today.

-Dennis
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #48
Major Player

I'm excited for you Dennis and keeping my fingers crossed! Get a good one!

Lonnie
Lonnie Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #49
Major Player

...and if your serial number is 1000004, I'll go with you to punch somebody out :)
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #50
Major Player

Allright folks I just got my EX today. I'm at s/n 104700 so i'm pretty satisfied so far. Did some quick test shooting and so far so good. I will report more in the next week or so.
Old March 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #51
Major Player

Dennis, when and where did you order yours from? 4700 is 2000 above mine it would be interesting if you got it from B&H...Just means they must have a big stock and send them out any no particular order..
Old March 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #52
Major Player

Quote:
Dennis, when and where did you order yours from? 4700 is 2000 above mine it would be interesting if you got it from B&H...Just means they must have a big stock and send them out any no particular order..

I actually got it from Abel Cine Tech. I liked their customer service and the fact that they could tell me what s/n they had in stock was pretty helpful.
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #53
Major Player

Thats cool! I ordered my U-60 Battery from them, Well my camera is working great so far, so I am not going to let the serial # get into my head...
Old March 15th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Thats cool! I ordered my U-60 Battery from them, Well my camera is working great so far, so I am not going to let the serial # get into my head...
I don't think there is any problems with s/n over 2,000 to be honest with you. I will be getting that battery soon. Def a good investment
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Serial number 3633 arrived from B+H on Thursday - my first serious video camera (I've been shooting stills for 20 years, since high school, but this is my first adventure past the dabbling stage in video). I took it on a hike in some local mountains today (I'm a nature photographer by trade), and the video looks great - no backfocus, no vignetting, and the HD quality sure is nice! I love the fact that it overcranks, too - a lot of nature stuff either needs to be slowed down or speeded up.
I intend to use EX1 video mixed with stills in presentations on natural history topics, and the quality's finally there to do that. Even a year ago, the quality of video as opposed to good DSLR stills was a glaring problem on a big screen (don't try it with DV, or even consumer HDV), but I'm mixing the two today with success. The next step up in quality would be a RED, but that's not practical for what I do, either from a cost standpoint or in terms of what I can handle in the field without a crew (the EX1 and its Sachtler tripod are manageable, but about all I want to carry when I'm working alone).

-Dan
Dan Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #56
Major Player

Welcom Dan! Congrats on the new EX1, I am loving mine so far.
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #57
Major Player

Put 'em through the rigors, guys - I'm anxious but will remain patient for some thorough testing on some fresh cams...

Good luck,
Lonnie
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #58
New Boot

Mine should arrive today (from Abel Cine Tech). The sales rep over the phone told me I would receive SO1-0105169-8. Not sure what the dash-8 means.

By the way, I went with Abel Cine Tech because I read in a post that they could tell you the SN before purchase. My sales rep read out a bunch of SNs and I (of course) asked for the highest. He was really helpful.

I order a bunch of accessories from B&H but not the Ex1 as I read that they weren't very helpful with regard to SNs and also had recently been shipping older units with v. 1.03 firmware.

cheers,
-sutton
Sutton Yamanashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #59
Regular Crew

I'm going to buy an EX1 this week from either B&H or Abel Cintech. Is there chance that B&H is still shipping older stock with 1.03 firmware, or do you guys think that all of the cameras sold now have the latest firmware? I'm curious what some recent serial numbers from B&H are--not specific numbers, but if they're in the 4000 to 5000 range on the last four digits
Patrick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #60
Trustee

Got 200925 in my country.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds