What are the recent serial numbers from New Buyers? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #31
Major Player

BH has a very cool booth with all the cams on tripods and you can play and shoot at NAB... more importantly, they bring a small armada of NYers that are video lovers too.
I will corner a couple and ask the scoop man to man, eye to eye. I'd like to think the world's largest electronic retailer is in the loop.
Lonnie Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #32
Regular Crew

I finally got mine yesterday! S/N 402492, but I don't think there are 400.000 EX1s out there! Any idea on how the Sony serials work? Maybe they put some kind of "prefix" depending on the area where the camera is going to be sell.

Just for fun: both of my old DXC-537AP camera heads (docked to BetaSP recorders) have S/N that start by 4, like the one of the EX... Is it related, or not? "The truth is out there..."
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #33
Major Player

rumor has it, the first 5 numbers (from right to left) are the unit numbers, the first (from left to right) are the region code...
Lonnie Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #34
Regular Crew

I received my replacement camera this week (1st one had a zoom/focus problem). Not had a chance to check for problems yet as I have been away. Will check today and post.
Serial No 20027# 1st camera Serial was 20024# and I had to wait for stock from Japan for replacement so I would think the numbers in the 200000 range my be for Australia. The guy at Sony Australia said it was from a shipment of nearly 200 units received last week.
Todd Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bodnar View Post
Well, I pulled the trigger today and it will be here on Friday...I will post back once I verify my serial and test the unit out.

Today is your big day! Let us know how everything goes. Give us the CNET scoop! I hope everything goes well.

-Dennis
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #36
Major Player

Dennis, yes I am sitting by my front door awaiting somewhat impatiently, tracking shows it is out for delivery so between now and 3pm. Their rounds always change they never show at the same time. Once I open I will report on the serial # etc. and begin charge on the battery. by later this evening I hope to have the basic tests performed to verify all is well in EX1 land :)
Jason Bodnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Dennis, yes I am sitting by my front door awaiting somewhat impatiently, tracking shows it is out for delivery so between now and 3pm. Their rounds always change they never show at the same time. Once I open I will report on the serial # etc. and begin charge on the battery. by later this evening I hope to have the basic tests performed to verify all is well in EX1 land :)
I feel your pain and excitement. Keep us posted buddy!

-Dennis
Old March 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #38
Major Player

It has landed!!!! This is one very nice looking camera...I love the weight when I pulled it out of the box nice and level, (except as all review have pointed out the handle on right side of cam is slightly awkward and leans to left but the way I actually hold the camera this does not cause me any issues. I ordered mine on 3/12 and got it today Serial # 0102571 which is sort of interesting as others ordered from B&H as well back in late Feb got 2700+....Does not worry me though...Battery is charging now and I have the extra Sony 3 yr. warranty.

More to come....
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
It has landed!!!! This is one very nice looking camera...I love the weight when I pulled it out of the box nice and level, (except as all review have pointed out the handle on right side of cam is slightly awkward and leans to left but the way I actually hold the camera this does not cause me any issues. I ordered mine on 3/12 and got it today Serial # 0102571 which is sort of interesting as others ordered from B&H as well back in late Feb got 2700+....Does not worry me though...Battery is charging now and I have the extra Sony 3 yr. warranty.

More to come....
Good stuff man. Probably felt like a little kid opening gifts during christmas time eh? The s/n thing is so confusing. I dont understand how they went from 3500+ to 2700+ .
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #40
Major Player

Yes it does feel like X-Mas... I am not really worried about the serial # thing as it is confusing as all get out...I am just pumped to have this fine looking electronic device sitting in front of me...The flashing orange light on the charger is starting to put me in a trance as I stair at it awaiting it to turn green then solid green :)
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #41
Major Player

Forget about the green light - just put that battery on right now.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #42
Trustee

Enjoy Jason!

If you have not already, get the Sony 4HR battery BP-U60.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #43
Major Player

Thanks Steven...The Fed Ex guy should be here this afternoon at some point to drop off the U-60 which will then be placed on the charger as well. I do not think I will be having much under the tree this year as my X-mas has come in March and April, the new Macbook Pro should be here next week and hopefully the Zacuto Letus Extreme setup in April or May. All :)'s here...
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #44
Major Player

No vignette problem here...Just finished testing! Well U-30 charged and now it is time to record U-60 on charger hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow cause right now it is dark and raining...So all indoors for this evening. This camera's lens is a dream...Love it!! The pictures I am getting straight out of the box make me exteremly happy I pulled the trigger on this beast.
Old March 14th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #45
Major Player

Quote:
No vignette problem here...Just finished testing! Well U-30 charged and now it is time to record U-60 on charger hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow cause right now it is dark and raining...So all indoors for this evening. This camera's lens is a dream...Love it!! The pictures I am getting straight out of the box make me exteremly happy I pulled the trigger on this beast.
I did'nt expect their to be any vignetting issues as that was corrected a while back so no one should really be having that problem at this point. Have you checked your backfocus when you turn your ND filter on?
Dennis Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds