DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

Larry Price May 26th, 2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Loeffler (Post 1147098)
Just turned a half century. I'm kinda surprised I made it this far...

I just hit the half-century mark myself. I'm not surprised I made it this far, I'm just surprised by how quickly I got here! Where has the time gone? And even though the calendar says 50, I feel more like 30. (People tell me I act that way too. Some say I act even younger...um, substantially younger! Somehow, I don't think they mean it as a compliment though...)

Brian Standing May 26th, 2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseppe Pugliese (Post 1147915)
I wont give away my age just yet, but I wanted to make a very interesting observation, out of all the ages posted, the very rare ages seem to be in the 40's .... Hardly anyone is on here.

I'm 43. Didn't skip me.

Jeff Kellam May 26th, 2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Standing (Post 1148537)
I'm 43. Didn't skip me.

45 here, waiting on retirement.

Tom Alexander May 28th, 2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam (Post 1148558)
45 here, waiting on retirement.

I'm 43 (better post here before I turn 44 in July), and also waiting on retirement......

Peter Weisberg May 29th, 2009 10:11 PM

i'm 19 years old

Steve Struthers May 31st, 2009 08:15 AM

I'm 46 myself.

Hanno di Rosa May 31st, 2009 09:19 AM

I just became grandfather, now good luck guessing!

Brian Best June 8th, 2009 08:33 AM

32, but I'll second that 15 at heart. Although the old body does not feel like 15 anymore.

Ozzie Alfonso June 8th, 2009 10:55 AM

I was a mere child when this thread started. I was in my 50s then, "I'm younger than that now." In fact, I must have already posted my age, but I haven't found that ancient post.

Since this thread will go on long after I'm gone, let me allow you to take a picture in time - I was born August, 14, 1945 - take the picture, how old am I now?

When the thread started I had a thriving production company, although by 2003 the budgets had begun a downward spiral. The projects that commanded $1.2 million in the early 1990s, by 03 the average budget for the same production had dipped to $300k, by 2007 no one was putting up more than $200k for the same scale of production. In 2008 Terra Associates, Inc. was dissolved, and I rewired myself into Terra Multimedia, LLC.

Where are the budgets now? Well, a few months ago an old client asked me to bid on a project similar to one we had already done for the same client. They stated that "funds were tight". So I drew up a budget that was less than half of the earlier production, and handed in a budget of $92k. The reply came back full of woe - "Can you make it for a lot less?" I saw no way to do it for less, so I decided I'd do everything - direct, camera, lights, editing, DVD authoring, graphics - with a little help from my friends. I was surprised to come up with a $40k bottom line. The reply would have been painful, if it hadn't been so funny - "...and we were hoping for something less than $20 thousand..."

So now I'm doing some pro-bono work (and enjoying it); I'm teaching myself advanced After Effects, I'm shooting HD now, there are a few projects in the horizon, but mainly I teach two college courses in TV production, and I sit here with plenty of time to write this lengthy reply.

Hey, gotta job? Prices are cheap, and if you call now.... but wait, there is more - I have several Emmys, a Peabody, and a slew of cool awards.

So how old am I? - August 14, 1945, VJ Day - you do the math.

Chris Hurd June 8th, 2009 04:52 PM

So nice to see you posting again Ozzie, welcome back! What a great day to be born, the end of the War.

Kevin Zibart June 10th, 2009 08:16 AM

I'm 36, I think. Who's counting anyway?

Jamie Pippin June 10th, 2009 02:15 PM

16...... :p

Greg Donovan June 10th, 2009 02:52 PM

17 over here.

Bob Grant June 17th, 2009 10:49 PM

Just noticed this thread, 57 years young.

Strange that the post above is from someone who also live in "Sydney". I never realised there was more than one Sydney on the planet.

Jack Kelly June 18th, 2009 01:53 PM

28 and I shot my first bit of video when I was about 16 if I remember correctly.