DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   DV-info members average age? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/11903-dv-info-members-average-age.html)

Bob Krieger April 26th, 2010 06:45 PM

I'm the big half-century, with a wife, two kids, and three grandkids... Jeez!! I'm too young to be a Papa yet!!!

Greg Charest April 26th, 2010 07:41 PM

Tell me about being a "46 ...too young" gramps! I have 2 grandkids now myself!
It's not bad when I think about it though. I'm still young enough to run around the yard and play with them :)

Felix van Oost April 28th, 2010 08:21 AM

I just turned 16 last Sunday. :)

Mark Engstrom April 29th, 2010 01:18 AM

I'm 47, new to video, enjoying the site, and learning lots, thanks!

Anthony Mozora April 29th, 2010 02:39 AM

my first post here :)

am 28 :)

Anthony Mellor May 12th, 2010 01:16 PM

well let's see, when this thread was first posted I was 46 and now I am 53 if my maths is right.

June 1956 if anyone wants to check it.

Anthony

Gordon Armstrong May 15th, 2010 09:34 AM

Gordon Armstrong

I'm a grandfather with four grandchildren and live in Victoria BC Canada. I have been using panasonic digicam to make grandchildren videos with snaps using imovie. Since the quality of the video is not up to the snapshots, I have been looking into getting an hd camcorder.

Tim Kolb May 15th, 2010 10:17 AM

I'm 43...

Lately with some crazy editing projects and not getting much sleep, I find i start the morning feeling about 72 and shed years through the day as the cobwebs and the joint stiffness wear off...

I'll be 12 about 9pm...

Brendan Marnell May 15th, 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Armstrong (Post 1527293)
I'm a grandfather with four grandchildren and live in Victoria BC Canada. I have been using panasonic digicam to make grandchildren videos with snaps using imovie. Since the quality of the video is not up to the snapshots, I have been looking into getting an hd camcorder.

As a grandad of 10 I suggest my present cam Sony HVR-V1E/V1P. The x 20 allows you to mix close-ups with longer shots; it's light enough to handhold for run 'n gun shooting; stick it on a tripod at the window end of a kitchen table and you'll get the action around the table; the remote control allows zoom in/out as well as on/off. Audio is Ok but so many background noises can intrude that I switch off the audio much of the time especially near motor traffic in suburbs. In practice I find still shots can capture close-ups of facial expressions better, but if I can engage a 3 y.old in conversation indoors about going out for a walk or a treat the cam can capture a sequence of interaction which remains memorable long after our time.

Thomas R. Smith May 15th, 2010 04:00 PM

Well i'm 16 and should leave school with a qualification in Media studies and then off to collage to do BTEC in Media Production, but i know most of that anyway as I've done video related things after school for 3 years now :)

Lee Tamer May 15th, 2010 04:57 PM

23 here

Associates degree in Television Production

Working on Bachelors in Video Production

Antti Kangas May 22nd, 2010 04:39 PM

33 in August.

--AOK--

Ivan Martinez July 4th, 2010 08:00 AM

I am new here, but the big 43.

Kevin Sherman July 12th, 2010 03:42 PM

36 here, last time i counted. of course, that's been a few a years ago...

Jim Allan July 12th, 2010 04:21 PM

I'm 27 years old.